Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

2013Lara wrote: »
    I cheated last weekend and had a real pizza.Enjoyed it but so wasn't worth it. I had a pain in my stomach for two days after . A pain I haven't had since starting slimmingworld. I won't be doing it again any time soon. Weigh day tomorrow, very nervous this week, don't feel like I've lost an ounce. I'm down 2st3lb now, and with a wedding next weekend I'd say I'll still be this weight in two weeks time lol. Any tips for surviving a wedding without blowing it?

Don't drink :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

so i finally got my 3 stone award last week and thats after 2 heavy friday nights of booze. another 2 stone to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Don't drink :P:P

Lol there is little chance of that happening, it's gonna be disastrous. I bet the meal they have chosen will be very synful. Not gonna have dessert but I know after a few drinks and the sambos and sausages come out I'll go for them. Dreading it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Lol there is little chance of that happening, it's gonna be disastrous. I bet the meal they have chosen will be very synful. Not gonna have dessert but I know after a few drinks and the sambos and sausages come out I'll go for them. Dreading it!!

I've only been doing SW a few weeks but have managed to avoid the crap - even when drunk. My method is to stuff myself silly prior to going out and just make the decision that I'm not eating it. It really is a case of mind over matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

highly1111 wrote: »
    I've only been doing SW a few weeks but have managed to avoid the crap - even when drunk. My method is to stuff myself silly prior to going out and just make the decision that I'm not eating it. It really is a case of mind over matter.

Sure if it was that easy, there'd be no need for slimming world :P

You're right though. You have to make the decision what you want more. A few drinks and a lavish dinner, or a few pounds off.

Personally, I always enjoy nights out/meals without worrying too much. The trick is to get back into the healthy eating the next day and not let the high syn day become a week.

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Sure if it was that easy, there'd be no need for slimming world :P

You're right though. You have to make the decision what you want more. A few drinks and a lavish dinner, or a few pounds off.

Personally, I always enjoy nights out/meals without worrying too much. The trick is to get back into the healthy eating the next day and not let the high syn day become a week.

Oh I know!! I wish it was that easy - I suppose what I mean is have the drinks and the meal and enjoy it but later on just say - nope, I'm not going there. But as you say its easier said than done - I'm only beginning and so motivation levels are high - I've loads to lose and after making excuses after excuses over the years I'm just going to bloody well do it now.

I can't really stuff myself before a wedding though and sit there and not eat the meal they have paid for. I will make the best choice I can for dinner etc but after a few drinks who knows what'll happen that night. I'm definitely drinking, night away without the kids, sure who wouldn't :) It's my biggest day/night out since starting. At least its the day after weigh day and I can try claw it back for the few days after.

I can't really stuff myself before a wedding though and sit there and not eat the meal they have paid for. I will make the best choice I can for dinner etc but after a few drinks who knows what'll happen that night. I'm definitely drinking, night away without the kids, sure who wouldn't :) It's my biggest day/night out since starting. At least its the day after weigh day and I can try claw it back for the few days after.

Seriously, don't worry about it. Enjoy the day/night and realise that you're always going to have social outings. Every one at the event is the same and they don't all worry about a couple of pounds here and there.

just keep doing the right things with food and you'll be fine and lose weight most weeks. That's the important bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

One off occasions are fine. It depends in the long run of how much you want it. I want to lose every week and I want to get to target more than I have ever wanted anything else and the thought of getting to be a size 10 or 12 spurs me on and realising that I can't ever go back to the size I used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Enjoy the wedding day, try to pick the best options food and drink wise but don't beat yourself up if you can't. Don't be tempted to eat less than usual on the following days to make up for it, it doesn't work and SW isn't about starving yourself. Just get back on plan as normal the next day and I guarantee it won't be as bad as you think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Wedding food tends not to be that bad. Normally soup or a salad of some sort or melon and parma ham to start, meat and two veg (you can limit the potatoes and have more veg) and normally a trio of desserts, you could have the one that is less syns. As it's a long day, it'll be easy to pace yourself with drink and have spritzers instead of full glasses of wine. Use flexi syns - pick a number and try and stick to it, doesn't matter if it's 100 syns, but if you pick a number and stick to it, you will feel better about yourself. Have a big breakfast before you go so you don't pick on the scones etc (if there is any before the meal). Bring fruit too. And more importantly, enjoy yourself and dance (body magic) the night away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Hi everyone day 1 today seemed to go well. Def the key for me was that I had the food ready to go. I had overnight oats this morning, pitta with ham and salad and fruit for lunch. I made Mushy Pea Curry last nite and it was ready when I came in from work - made all the difference. Can see its worth putting thought into preparing the food in advance. Also means I am staying out of the shop! Lol! I thought the posts about pizza were interesting - thanks for that it's good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Can you please tell me what you did? I love pizza and have been missing it.

Off to a bbq tomorrow night. Texted my friend and asked her if I could bring some steaks and baked spuds. I'm also going to put some baby tomatoes on the bbq - use them with the spud so its not dry. I've some gorgeous steaks in the freezer. I'll then have some wine which I'll use today and tomorrows syns for.

Plan for today is - fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. A large ham salad sambo for lunch with more fruit and then tonight I'm going to have sw carbonara which will be 2syns for the cheese - with lots of veggies.

Was at a work thing last night and despite eating before it went on hours and I ended up having a tuna mayo with cucumber sambo (brown) and about 6 crips. There was butter on the sambo so no doubt it was my daily syn allowance (and more!) I hate not been in control of my food - however much of a freak I may sound - I love a glass of wine and would much rather have had access to fruit then a sambo! I'll loosen up when the time is ready but this is all so new to me I want to really get used to seeing what works and get into habits and more organised before I go back to work full time in sept (I'm a teacher). I've also made the ham and mushroom muffins this am for syn free snacks and I've loads of fruit it. Off to aldi now as out of slimline milk and I need a few other bits. I still haven't figured out yet if I'm saving or spending more on our food shop. Buying a huge amount of stuff I never bought before but then also not buying loads!

Sorry for the long post!

Here is what I did, there are lots of videos on youtube, I followed a couple and made a couple of small changes to make the recipe more slimming world friendly.

Blitz a fresh head of Cauliflower until it was rice like in consistency. Then put it in a pan with some water and a good pinch of salt for 5 to 7 minutes.

The drain the Cauliflower, you will need a very fine strainer or just put a tea towel over the top of the pan and pour the water through.

Once the Cauliflower cooled enough to handle put it into the middle of a clean tea towel and squeeze as much of the water out of it as you can, this is probably the most important step, the more water you get out the drier and more stable your crust will be. If it's too wet it will just fall apart when you try to pick it up.

Put the Cauliflower into a bowl, add a beaten egg, I added some cottage cheese which is free but other recipes add goats cheese and parmesan at this step, I just wanted to keep it as free as possible. Some garlic granules, some mixed herbs and some Cayenne Pepper. You can add whatever you want here when it comes to herbs and spices, these I just what I chose, I don't have exact amounts as I just eyeballed it.

Put the Cauliflower mixture onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and make it into a pizza shape. It is quite easy to work with. Then put it into a preheated oven (200c) until it is a nice golden brown. For mine that took about 35 to 40 mins.

If you want to make your own tomato sauce for the base, you don't have to you can just use tomato puree, though I like the sauce better. You can do that now. There are loads of recipes online, but I just used what I had on hand. Tin of chopped tomatoes, half an onion, diced, couple of cloves of garlic, some basil and some oregano, fresh is better for the herbs if you have them to hand but dried will work as well. Leave it to simmer for a bit, stirring occasionally and then blitz it with a hand blender.

Once your crust comes out, put on your tomato sauce, don't go too overboard, just a nice thin covering. Then put on the toppings of your choice and stick it in the oven for maybe another ten minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.

Leave it to cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes after it comes out, the crust is a little bit delicate when super hot, but once it cools a little cut and eat to your hearts content!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I did another 5K run last night, I really hope I get a decent result on the scales tomorrow, I have eaten well, watched my syns, had 2 litres of water a day and done two 5k runs and accompanied with at least 15 mins walking a day.

I am not sure what else I could do really :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm in for another small gain or STS this week (up 0.5 last week), I can feeeeel it... really frustrating as I'm 100% on plan, all the time, now I've been rather hormonal so my syns have been closer to the 15 than my usual 10 to 12 this week so I suppose that could account for some of it... Boohoo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm in for another small gain or STS this week (up 0.5 last week), I can feeeeel it... really frustrating as I'm 100% on plan, all the time, now I've been rather hormonal so my syns have been closer to the 15 than my usual 10 to 12 this week so I suppose that could account for some of it... Boohoo etc

ya i think i am on for a slight gain also, but got my 3 stone last week so i dont really mind

Stayed the same this week,with being due * week today though I'm not too bothered.Hopefully see it next week. Isn't it great when you notice that a certain part of your body has shrunk. I noticed my hip area is noticeably smaller today and I do hold weight there :) here's to a good week ahead.

I'm in Ikea and kids are playing at the play area in the restaurant. I'm surrounded by meatballs and chips but just ate 3 mandarins and an apple. This is hard sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm in Ikea and kids are playing at the play area in the restaurant. I'm surrounded by meatballs and chips but just ate 3 mandarins and an apple. This is hard sometimes!!

I was setting up for a meeting yesterday in work and the last group in the room had left a load of CAKES!!! I took one to take home for my mum but that was it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Good luck to everyone who has to WI tonite. Day 2 went well, made veggie Garden Pie recipe from SW magazine. Delish

• Advertisement

So I'm down another pound! I'm chuffed, really wasn't expecting a loss this week :):):)
    Busy day after weigh in today and succumbed to a Costa chicken and chorizo flatbread thing... its only saving graces were that it didn't contain cheese, and that it had some speed food in the form of about 6 leaves of rocket :D I'm not even going to check how many syns were involved, just going to move on as though it didn't happen ;)
    Ah well, I very rarely go off plan and it was quite pizza-ish, which was nice after over 10 months without pizza!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hi everyone

Can you use two slices of 'Irish pride Slimsters thin slices brown bread 600G loaf' as your HexB

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I was down 3 and a half pounds today. I had a bad 2 weeks before this where I put up 5 and half pounds.
    This week I ate plenty of free food along with more fruit and veg.
    I plan to have a another good week. I have a few things on over the next few weeks and I plan to use flex syns for those days.

Hi everyone

Can you use two slices of 'Irish pride Slimsters thin slices brown bread 600G loaf' as your HexB

No, the only Irish Pride B choices are 1 slice of 800g Healthy Grain Bread loaf, and Rustic Bake Wholemeal Bread (2 slices).
    The 'wholemeal' is important - as I understand it, anything else would be too low in fibre to count as Healthy B. Bear in mind you can have 60g of any wholemeal bread, but you might have to cut a bit off or syn any extra!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

This is probably wishful thinking but are Tinned Tomatoes a speed food? I'm having a bad week with the fruit and veg, I am eating it, but I am forcing myself to do so. Having tinned tomatoes be a speed food would make it a lot easier to incorporate it into dinner.

Tinned tomatoes, passata and tomato puree are all speed foods!
    So there ya go: 1 wish, granted!

dcfc91 wrote: »
    This is probably wishful thinking but are Tinned Tomatoes a speed food? I'm having a bad week with the fruit and veg, I am eating it, but I am forcing myself to do so. Having tinned tomatoes be a speed food would make it a lot easier to incorporate it into dinner.
    I'd be lost with tins of tomatoes and passata. They go in (usually not together) about 3/4 of our staple meals (curry, bolognese etc)

And yes they're speed food

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Down 2lbs last night. Was not expecting that as I did not have a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

After months of eating slimming world food as my wife was doing it i think i'm going to join and do it right.

I need to drop about 15 to 20kg and my self control is awful.

I've been very fit in the past but its dropped off in the last 12 months. But even when i was fit enough to run marathons my diet was still awful.

I need to match diet along with my exercise to see real results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just wondering would it be possible for me to get weighed on Mondays like I normally do and then get weighed on Saturday before I go on holidays? I know it makes a short week but still I'd like to be weighed before I go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement