Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If you have legs like mine 11 euros is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Kat1170 wrote: »
    No need for Priority if you have Booked seats. Just sit back and relax, board towards the end and your Booked seats are waiting for you. ;)

Normally I would never book priority or seats. On this occasion 4 adults and one 9 month old on two separate bookings, hence we booked 4 seats in a row to be together. Only the oldies booked priority. At Dublin airport we exchanged one carry on bag so that the baby would have 'stuff' if needed on the journey.(Small toys, blanket etc) As it turned out BOTH the carry on bags of the parents were taken off them at boarding and put in the hold. As it transpired there was absolutely loads of spare room in the overhead bins, but at least we had one of their bags on board (and one of our bags was now in the hold)

On the return journey the Portuguese were much more relaxed about carry on bags with the result that the overhead bins were full to capacity (and then some), however as we had priority we were able to get the bags directly overhead, which might not have been possible without priority.

extra cost: seats 4 x €5 x 2 journeys = €40 and priority 2 x €2 x 2 journeys = €8. All extra for Michaels pension pot I know but in this case, probably worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Anyone else having an issue checking in on Android? Get told that my passport number contains special characters (I used the format AB1234567)!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

Make sure you've no space at the end of the passport number. This can happen if you select the autofill (it seems to add a space on mine) instead of typing out the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Anyone know how much Ryanair are currently selling Stansted express return tickets for (to Tottenham Hale, if it matters)?
    Can't see any way of adding them to my booking.
    Flying Friday so it's £30 to book them direct online from Anglia.

Whilst checking the baggage fees this morning for Ryanair I noticed that they have low season from 05/01/16 to 31/05/17, so the new customer friendly Ryanair are living up to their word and dispensing with high season for all of 2016. thanks Michael ��, nice one

From Ryanairs 'Optional' Fees section

* Low Season From 01/10/14 - To 20/12/14
    From 05/01/15 - To 27/03/15
    From 14/04/15 - To 31/05/15
    From 01/10/15 - To 20/12/15
    From 05/01/16 - To 31/05/17

how long until they fix this now that its on boards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

joeysoap wrote: »
    From Ryanairs 'Optional' Fees section

* Low Season From 01/10/14 - To 20/12/14
    From 05/01/15 - To 27/03/15
    From 14/04/15 - To 31/05/15
    From 01/10/15 - To 20/12/15
    From 05/01/16 - To 31/05/17

how long until they fix this now that its on boards ?

Strangely enough, the website is currently down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Strangely enough, the website is currently down...

Schedule maintenance I read about the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

I do not know where the Ryanair flight originated, but if in Ireland, all airlines require a legal I.D. - can be passport, driving licence with photo, or other legal proof. If beginning in other countries, legal I.D. of E.U. is accepted, or passport. There are no passport requirements between Ireland/U.K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

KidMeNotA1 wrote: »
    I do not know where the Ryanair flight originated, but if in Ireland, all airlines require a legal I.D. - can be passport, driving licence with photo, or other legal proof. If beginning in other countries, legal I.D. of E.U. is accepted, or passport. There are no passport requirements between Ireland/U.K.

There are on Ryanair. The airline is entitled to introduce supplementary rules and they did. If you want to fly between Ireland and the UK on Ryanair you must bring a valid passport as your id

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

EU citizens travelling inside EU must have either passport or EU/EEA ID card. Any other combination requires passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

joujoujou wrote:
    EU citizens travelling inside EU must have either passport or EU/EEA ID card. Any other combination requires passport.

As has been mentioned many times. Ryanair are entitled to and HAVE implemented supplemental rules in ADDITION to the above. They require a passport for travel from Ireland to the UK on their planes. There is no getting around this.

Unregistered Users

Out of curiosity: since when?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

hdowney wrote: »
    As has been mentioned many times. Ryanair are entitled to and HAVE implemented supplemental rules in ADDITION to the above. They require a passport for travel from Ireland to the UK on their planes. There is no getting around this.

If you have an EU/EEA ID card, they do not.

Its only because Ireland and the UK don't issue them that they insist on passports for citizens of those two - but others with EU/EEA cards are not required. They meet the passport requirements for non citizens within the CTA just as they meet them for entering Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

joujoujou wrote: »
    Out of curiosity: since when?

Years ago. Someone else might be able to pinpoint it, but I remember around the end of 2010 when it was definitely needed. I remember because that's when I lost my passport in London and had trouble travelling back with the driver's licence alone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Years ago. Someone else might be able to pinpoint it, but I remember around the end of 2010 when it was definitely needed. I remember because that's when I lost my passport in London and had trouble travelling back with the driver's licence alone.

Them not accepting non-passport or ID cards has been the issue for years. I think they were asking about the claim that they were demanding passports only on Ireland<->UK flights. Which they aren't - EEA ID cards are accepted too

Think about the logic of it if they didn't - they'd let you fly Dublin-London via Beauvais on an EEA card but not direct...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's not hard to find the definitive answer. BTW IRL-UK flights are international flights so Ryanair's international requirements apply on these routes.
    https://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/regulations-traveldocumentation/

Unregistered Users

[...] when I lost my passport in London and had trouble travelling back with the driver's licence alone.
    I think that was the problem - driver's licence is definately not an ID card (in terms of common regulations).

Travelled Knock - London - Knock last year.

Travelled Knock - Liverpool - Knock 2 years ago.

With EEA ID card. No problem at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

joujoujou wrote: »
    I think that was the problem - driver's licence is definately not an ID card (in terms of common regulations).

Travelled Knock - London - Knock last year.

Travelled Knock - Liverpool - Knock 2 years ago.

With EEA ID card. No problem at all.

Yeah, I misunderstood your question. EEA card is definitely allowed between UK and Ireland. It's just UK and Ireland citizens must use passport as neither jurisdiction issues a national ID card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Am I alone in not finding any of those €19.85 seats? No kids so pretty much free for dates, but unless the flights are to some unheard of place I can't see them. Nothing to the sun that I can see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

Am I alone in not finding any of those €19.85 seats? No kids so pretty much free for dates, but unless the flights are to some unheard of place I can't see them. Nothing to the sun that I can see anyway.

flights are here : http://www.ryanair.com/ie/cheap-flights/?price=250&limit=15&offset=0&from=DUB&to=&out-date-start=2015-09-01&out-date-end=2016-01-31&in-date-start=2015-07-08&in-date-end=2015-09-07&roundtrip=0&min-trip=3&max-trip=7&view=list

but they just changed price from 19.99 to 19.85 .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm seeing plenty of flight available for 19.85 to a variety of countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've just had a look and could choose several countries at 19.58 and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

"the sun" is far away, i.e. Spain is 2 hours, italy over 3, Marakesh 4 - well, far away in comparison to the likes of liverpool or other places in Britain which are a couple of hundred km compared to a couple of thousand to Marakesh.

If you want the cheaper flights then inevitably they are on the destinations less than 1000km (still a right distance), but somewhere like Brussels has you in the middle of the low countries with heaps of interesting places, and beers, to investigate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Picked up a couple of flights for £10 out and €10 back

Advertisement