Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mobilephone235

It feels good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cheers working agian, Express only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Working fine here also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah thats what I've been trying, still doesnt work.

Would you see if you can get as far as delivery?

Sorry, I couldn't check, in work I can't even click on the buy button on the site as it doesn't work :pac:

Thanks to the others that checked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Who delivers this dhl or does it come through the post. Thanks

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nolars wrote: »
    Who delivers this dhl or does it come through the post. Thanks

It was DHL for me.

How will the invite system work for the OP2? As in, how will it be decided who the early adopters will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭54and56

Danger781 wrote: »
    How will the invite system work for the OP2? As in, how will it be decided who the early adopters will be?

I'd be surprised if those who purchased an OP1 didn't get an invite, particularly those who bought them in the early days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Send us a few links of what ye recommend for covers plz lads looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I'm using one of the diztronic cases from amazon. I bought the glass screen protector separately from Adverts. My friend is ordering his opo next week but has opted for the mighty poetic case instead which comes with a screen protector.

Now, can anyone tell me how to get MMS working with my phone on Vodafone? Sometimes I get a link and password which only works from a PC on the Vodafone site but today I got a picture message and it just says downloading for a couple of seconds and that's it...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,918 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm using one of the diztronic cases from amazon. I bought the glass screen protector separately from Adverts. My friend is ordering his opo next week but has opted for the mighty poetic case instead which comes with a screen protector.

Now, can anyone tell me how to get MMS working with my phone on Vodafone? Sometimes I get a link and password which only works from a PC on the Vodafone site but today I got a picture message and it just says downloading for a couple of seconds and that's it...

Turn on your mobile data and the picture will download. Make sure WiFi is off.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Turn on your mobile data and the picture will download. Make sure WiFi is off.
    I've turned off WiFi. Mobile data is always on. Its sits for for q few minutes and then says couldn't download message from 087.... I checked the settings on the Vodafone website for a HTC m8 and everything matches up. I just had to change one part in mine to say PAP, Still no joy...its never been a problem until today, I just have to tell people that the phone doesn't handle MMS and get them to email instead but the guy that sent me the picture message from his iPhone can't email. I was able to get onto the MMS site on Vodafone and see old picture messages but not his one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

going to try exodus again so.

+1 on the Diztronic case

Have one with a dbrand skin, will upload pics later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

Hey guys, just managed to order a OnePlus Cardboard. The website took its sweet time processing everything, the website was very close to crashing I imagine.

Did anybody else order one? I said I would because it was free (Shipping is €7 but I don't mind). Probably a false economy but I'm curious as to what it will be like. Never tried a VR headset before (not that I consider this to he in the same vein as a proper VR headset).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

DA7800 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just managed to order a OnePlus Cardboard. The website took its sweet time processing everything, the website was very close to crashing I imagine.

Did anybody else order one? I said I would because it was free (Shipping is €7 but I don't mind). Probably a false economy but I'm curious as to what it will be like. Never tried a VR headset before (not that I consider this to he in the same vein as a proper VR headset).

Did you use the UK US or Ireland site? No matter what I choose it comes up with a error saying it can't deliver to my address

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Plan on getting a couple more years out of my OPO1 anyway before its time to move on, still as good as the day I got it, better even now that I have Exodus in battery saving mode, seriously give it a go, it doesn't affect performance at all and increases battery life to 3 days.

These plastic VR glasses are available on every gadget site and Ebay btw, work perfectly with the OPO, only downside is you need to supply your own magnet and washer to make the Cardboard switch on the side that a lot of apps look for, its just a strong magnet and a metal washer though, no drilling or gluing required, they hold each other in place:

161555d1422858417t-plastic-vr-glasses-headset-what-best-you-ritech.jpg

god's toy wrote: »
    Did you use the UK US or Ireland site? No matter what I choose it comes up with a error saying it can't deliver to my address

I used my Irish (Dublin) address but first time round I was on the US site and it wouldn't permit delivery. I suggest you turn off any VPN's you may have running and make sure the Irish flag is showing at the bottom of the screen before commencing the purchase process. When I did that I was able to complete the order albeit it was very slow as it is under serious pressure.

Delivery is supposed to be within 4 working days but I doubt that will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

oy wrote: »
    I stuck to the Irish site. I got that error a couple of times where it said I was in the wrong country for my address, just kept refreshing until it worked. Got there eventually.

Thargor wrote: »
    Plan on getting a couple more years out of my OPO1 anyway before its time to move on, still as good as the day I got it, better even now that I have Exodus in battery saving mode, seriously give it a go, it doesn't affect performance at all and increases battery life to 3 days.

These plastic VR glasses are available on every gadget site and Ebay btw, work perfectly with the OPO, only downside is you need to supply your own magnet and washer to make the Cardboard switch on the side that a lot of apps look for, its just a strong magnet and a metal washer though, no drilling or gluing required, they hold each other in place:

161555d1422858417t-plastic-vr-glasses-headset-what-best-you-ritech.jpg

I got a set just like those and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to select menu item's without the magnet switch (I'd previously tried the Google Cardboard headset) so I ended up deciding it was cheap Chinese crap and threw it out :o The headset was actually quite comfortable and the OPO fitted nicely into it (which isn't the case with Google Cardboard) and now I'm regretting my decision :mad: I had asked on a few forums here if anyone knew how to make the headset work and no one responded. Where were you Thargor when I needed you!!!!

I used my Irish (Dublin) address but first time round I was on the US site and it wouldn't permit delivery. I suggest you turn off any VPN's you may have running and make sure the Irish flag is showing at the bottom of the screen before commencing the purchase process. When I did that I was able to complete the order albeit it was very slow as it is under serious pressure.

Delivery is supposed to be within 4 working days but I doubt that will happen.

Got an out of stock warning after all the refreshing...

DA7800 wrote: »
    I stuck to the Irish site. I got that error a couple of times where it said I was in the wrong country for my address, just kept refreshing until it worked. Got there eventually.

Ha! Update!!

OK so I got a out of stock warning on the Irish oneplus account but the first one I used was a UK account and I gave up on that cos it was so slow... it now looks like one was held in the basket until I checked out ! So I 'think' it worked as no stock warning on the UK account. So far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Just got an email about the one plus 2 launch, I can place my order for the free Google Cardboard but they want €7 shipping. I already have a Google Cardboard with straps and magnets so this is of no use to me, but it cost me more than €7 with shipping on EBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

i'm having a lot of problems with my OPO losing network connectivity. it'll randomly lose connection & i wont notice until i try to call someone & end up with several missed calls. very frustrating. anyone else have similar issue.
    i thought it was a faulty sim but replaced that , still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

jfh wrote: »
    i'm having a lot of problems with my OPO losing network connectivity. it'll randomly lose connection & i wont notice until i try to call someone & end up with several missed calls. very frustrating. anyone else have similar issue.

What network, have you checked apn settings are right

I got a set just like those and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to select menu item's without the magnet switch (I'd previously tried the Google Cardboard headset) so I ended up deciding it was cheap Chinese crap and threw it out :o The headset was actually quite comfortable and the OPO fitted nicely into it (which isn't the case with Google Cardboard) and now I'm regretting my decision :mad: I had asked on a few forums here if anyone knew how to make the headset work and no one responded. Where were you Thargor when I needed you!!!!
    Why is there no voice control? Its the perfect solution! Im not a programmer or designer and thats the first thing I thought of the minute I put it on, Cardboard should be built around voice control...

Yeah thats why I recommend them for the OPO, I had Cardboard aswell and it was useless with the OPO but these are near prfect, good focus, good field of view and the little suckers seem to grip the phone in place very well, the first time I fired up the Palace of Versailles tour I wasnt expecting much but it was a bit of a wow moment.

jfh wrote: »
    The solution to any issues these days is to install the Exodus rom :D

• Advertisement

I spent all day trying to get my phone to send and receive MMS messages on vodafone. tried a few variations of the settings including leaving in the password (dublin) and removing it. Vodafone say the handset is not supported. So I need to get another phone for the rare occasions that someone sends me a picture message and I can swap out the sim for a couple of minutes.

Advertisement