Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Someone on that facebook page a few posts back said that if your countires site has "coming soon", itll be arriving today, hopefully hes right

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

Anyone know if it will be available on iphone 4? (not the 4S)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Simply Red wrote: »
    Someone on that facebook page a few posts back said that if your countires site has "coming soon", itll be arriving today, hopefully hes right

pity whoever designed this map didn't update it since june 10th , i presume itunes page means the apple.ie page?

Apple-Music-map-640x318.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

corm500 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it will be available on iphone 4? (not the 4S)

No, it requires iOS 8.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

No, it requires iOS 8.4.

I id hear that the 8.4 update was going to be available for older hardware. Presumably so the Apple Music will be available as widly as possible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

corm500 wrote: »
    I id hear that the 8.4 update was going to be available for older hardware. Presumably so the Apple Music will be available as widly as possible

It won't be. They could release an update for iOS 7, but that's unlikely.

peteeeed wrote: »
    pity whoever designed this map didn't update it since june 10th , i presume itunes page means the apple.ie page?

Apple-Music-map-640x318.jpg

Cult of Mac did that map based on the regional Apple sites that had a Music tab on the front page, which the Irish site didn't at the time. It's all just a wild guess on their part. Even UK users are starting to doubt if they are getting it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

They're keeping it very hushed up. Normally you'd have some idea of what rights had been negotiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Good news hopefully. Now to persuade my skinflint philistine brothers & sisters to sign up for the family plan...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They think we’ll get the iOS 8.4 update and they are right. Nothing about Apple Music being available in Ireland. That’s just a PA article, except for the first line which they got from a quick google. Trust me, they don’t know anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

How long before the first 'Apple Music is a giant failure' news articles?

It'll be down to rights agreements and Ireland's music industry bodies are usually slow to embrace these platforms then wonder why piracy is high...

Zcott wrote: »
    How long before the first 'Apple Music is a giant failure' news articles?

2 hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Interesting people not liking Spotify. I've never had any complaints. It works like a charm with my Sonos and Sonos playlists do things that Spotify can't such as cross platform (including personal music) playlists.

I more so use my iPod on the go than Spotify to save my phone battery. And because I'm old!

The more I think of it there isn't much reason to switch to Apple even when they roll out sonos integration.

The family plan is great but I don't need it.
    The 3 month free trial is enticing and I guess the idea is to get people to switch and then not bother switching back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I've been averse to Spotify for a while, and I think its mainly due to the interface.

Tried to like Rdio (their radio section was amazing) but it was buggy.

Tried Tidal but it was too expensive and they ended ripping off the design of Spotify (of all companies).

And I have lots of Apple devices it just makes sense to use something thats built in to the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Might be a stupid question but what's the liklihood of being able to stream apple music through Cromecast? It's the one feature I really do like for my Google Play...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Not long now =D

Perhaps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Would be delighted if this had a PS app like spotify does. Not a fan of spotify at all but the playstation app was great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

8.4 is out and currently installing...

Looking good...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Downloading it now, doesn't appear to be big.

222mb on 6 plus. Almost installed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Installing on my iPhone and iPad. Small enough update around the 200MB mark.

BOOM

Installed. Signed up for the €9.99 plan which starts after the three months. 100% in available in Ireland from today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

No love for ios9 users it seems :(

Advertisement