Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, the game bugged me too but I stuck it out. I don't think I've ever felt less "rewarded" from playing a game.

I cant get past the trial where you have to take no damage, im using ace and im certain im not getting hit but i can finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like a localisation of Star Ocean 5 will be announced at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Sword Art Online is being ported to PS4, its sequel is being released on PS4 & vita and both have been announced for the west

and apparantly will have a better english translation this time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Sword Art Online is being ported to PS4, its sequel is being released on PS4 & vita and both have been announced for the west

and apparantly will have a better english translation this time

Is lost song a direct sequel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is lost song a direct sequel ?

Yes. It contines on into an alternate version of ALFheim Online. Re:Hollow Fragment is also being released here on the ps4, unknown if Bamco will bother to translate it properly or just stick the Asian "English" subs on it again.

• Advertisement

Bravely Second has been trademarked in the EU, hoping for a December release again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The popularity of sword art online continues to baffle me.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The popularity of sword art online continues to baffle me.

Indeed, the story isn't great and for supposed being in a mmo has very few mmo mechanics in the anime/light novels. It does have good action sequences though.

Much prefer Log Horizon, characters get fleshed out better and isn't just a bunch of girls becoming the mc's harem. The way they treat world building is night and day. In SAO a raid was 6 man team all doing dps, whereas in Log Horizon a raid is a group of 24 split into 4 groups with distinct roles.

Basically Log Horizon does the whole trapped in an mmo schtick a lot better than Sword Art Online. Not sure if there are any Log Horizon games available though. The anime is available for streaming on Crunchyroll.

speaking of trapped-in-an-mmo games, cyberconnect 2 has been talking about how they want to do hd rereleases of the ps2 games & a new game

they havent actually said they're doing it, just that they want to, but still, fingers crossed for that

Tokyo abyss is out next week for vita

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I spotted this "brand new factory sealed" copy of Final Fantasy VII on ebay.

His price tag is brilliant :D
    FF_VII.png

If only I'd that type of cash to throw around...

Tokyo abyss is out next week for vita

Steins;Gate is out as well on the same day, have both pre ordered, but will have to finish The Witcher first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Don wrote: »
    I spotted this "brand new factory sealed" copy of Final Fantasy VII on ebay.

His price tag is brilliant :D
    FF_VII.png

If only I'd that type of cash to throw around...

It isn't even worth half that. That VGA thing is a big scam and even though it should go for a few hundred FFVII is not rare, it's the second biggest selling PS1 game of all time.

Xenji wrote: »
    Steins;Gate is out as well on the same day, have both pre ordered, but will have to finish The Witcher first.

Can't wait for Stein's Gate, heard it's amazing. The guy that wrote it is doing a fair bit of freelance work which is good to see, he did the story for Bravely Default.

Xenji wrote: »

Both of them are out the same day..........feck

Good article about the FF7 retranslation project:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-29-why-would-someone-spend-five-years-retranslating-all-of-final-fantasy-7

Some of those changes do seem a bit much, stuff like Moogle changed to Moguri, Zack to Zax and phoenix down to phoenix tail. Although more literal there's an element of localisation missing there, it's not like those terms really matter to the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdwVdr5JM8E

First trailer for Yoru no nai Kuni, a PS3/4/vita action RPG from Gust

Yay, my copy of Steins Gate shipped today. Good price too, cost me £25 on Game with the preorder art book. Anyone getting the £50 deluxe version with the pin badges off rice digital?

Yay, my copy of Steins Gate shipped today. Good price too, cost me £25 on Game with the preorder art book. Anyone getting the £50 deluxe version with the pin badges off rice digital?

How long will it take to arrive in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Good article about the FF7 retranslation project:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-29-why-would-someone-spend-five-years-retranslating-all-of-final-fantasy-7

Some of those changes do seem a bit much, stuff like Moogle changed to Moguri, Zack to Zax and phoenix down to phoenix tail. Although more literal there's an element of localisation missing there, it's not like those terms really matter to the story.

Really enjoyed that.

One thing that always bugged me was when I was abput 16 I did the Fort Condor Missions in a run.

To avoid the whole "you have missed X number of battles since you were here last" - I kept going back after every possible game event (even after arriving at a town).

There was one where you could take the buggy back on the boat and when you win the battle you are rewarded with 3 "tinticures" - I had absolutely no idea what they were and they didn't even show up in my inventory. I later found out they were an older name for ethers though.

(There were two or three battles that were impossible to get back for though - always wondered what would happen if you Action Replayed it to find out).

• Advertisement

Interesting, I never really bothered to check if they were in my inventory, items weren't all that useful since the battle system was so basic but they were called 'tinc' or tinciture in FF6.

How long will it take to arrive in ireland?

Could have it tomorrow night as I got it sent to parcel motel as €4 is cheaper than £3 for shipping at the moment. Either that or its being held by Royal Mail for delivery on Friday. It's a little bit cheaper on Amazon at £21.85, but you won't get the art book.

Getting the deluxe edition from Amazon.de.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was going to order the special edition at one point, considering it's guaranteed to be an instant rarity.

Then I realised that I'd be paying an extra 30 euro for a whole bunch of absolutely worthless crap, chastised myself for being silly, and said I'd order the standard edition when it's released. Which I just did.

I have a bit of an addiction when it comes to special editions of japanese games, figurines seem to be my main weakness!

Dragon Quest Heroes is coming out in the US on the 13th of October, they still claim it is not a musou game.

Tried a bit of that FFVII translation patch. Only installed stuff to keep it as close to the original as possible. The exception is the 60 FPS battles, my god does it make such a difference to playability, deifinitely the best thing about it.

The English is definitely improved and flows a hell of a lot better than the original. However I heard anyone expecting a new take on the story will be disappointed, seems all the information in the original story was already there and the story is still the mess it's always been. Now I can't really confirm that but there's definitely no new groundbreaking info in the opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Xenji wrote:
    Dragon Quest Heroes is coming out in the US on the 13th of October, they still claim it is not a musou game.

I don't own a PS4 but I'll be buying it to show my love for the Dragon Quest series.

It looks like Daisuke Watanabe is doing a rewrite on FF XV, Stella is now gone and is being replaced by a new heroine Luna with a different backstory, also the new updated demo should be out in the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Isn't it out in a few months? Leaving it a bit late for a re-write aren't they?

Advertisement