Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Karsini wrote: »
    Never seen AS myself, so I can't confirm or deny your statement. :o

Nor have I, and nor can I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Karsini wrote: »
    Never seen AS myself, so I can't confirm or deny your statement. :o
    Trebor176 wrote: »
    Nor have I, and nor can I!

Me three, i call for pics!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Here's me in all my glory :)

Autosport wrote: »

Well hello :P

Autosport wrote: »

Tease! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

hows everyone? I didnt get trinity but was offered an assistant psychology post with the hse 4 days a week starting mid June, its voluntary but it's a great opportunity so that means goodbye fulltime paid job and goodbye summer holiday :( On the plus side I've lost over a stone, 11lbs more to go :) So if anyone wants to whisk me away on a holiday i wouldn't want to deny that person's wish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

and where would u wanna go one way?

chrysagon wrote: »
    and where would u wanna go one way?

sun holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

a day without sun is like......................night

a proper drinking beach hot sun holiday, spain essentially

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

hows everyone? I didnt get trinity but was offered an assistant psychology post with the hse 4 days a week starting mid June, its voluntary but it's a great opportunity so that means goodbye fulltime paid job and goodbye summer holiday :( On the plus side I've lost over a stone, 11lbs more to go :) So if anyone wants to whisk me away on a holiday i wouldn't want to deny that person's wish :P

Congrats on the weight loss PM! :)

Would this HSE post help further you along in your present career or would it be a total fresh start in your dream one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

a proper drinking beach hot sun holiday, spain essentially

How does costa del bog sound PM. Have a few floors of turf need saving. Cant guarantee the sunshine but there will be lots of water, and you might even get a farmers tan. :D

Woahhhh dude check this guy

That's a shame you didn't get into Trinity. But sure, you can always apply again, can't you? At least with the role you've been offered, it will provide you with great experience, which will no doubt prove beneficial for your future career.

I would love to whisk you away, but it's unlikely that there would be white sandy beaches and clear blue water.

Lads, this week has been unreal, got my big blue car back, got a hayyype of back tax, the weather is nice, things are generally good in camp pickles and little ol me has a date on saturday :D:D:D

Lads, this week has been unreal, got my big blue car back, got a hayyype of back tax, the weather is nice, things are generally good in camp pickles and little ol me has a date on saturday :D:D:D

Good to hear TP. Send some of that good fortune my way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I got a conditional offer for an MA in Trinity today. I'm really happy. If I don't get the other scholarship, I'm going to take it. Sorry PM you didn't get yours but it's a lot easier to get an MA place I'd say. I need my second reference now and to upload all my years of results. Looks like all the hard work paid off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eternal wrote: »
    I got a conditional offer for an MA in Trinity today. I'm really happy. If I don't get the other scholarship, I'm going to take it. Sorry PM you didn't get yours but it's a lot easier to get an MA place I'd say. I need my second reference now and to upload all my years of results. Looks like all the hard work paid off :)

Fair fcuks to ya....brainy feckers around here!!!

Do people still pick people on there level of education/job??
    I know two wans who wouldn't go out with someone who didn't have a degree :confused:....like what difference deos it make???

So long as someone has a willingness to do something/anything and not expect the other person to be there personal atm....what's the issue??

^^paying for everything gets old very quickly IMO.....(im not as tight as that sounds :O)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Fair fcuks to ya....brainy feckers around here!!!

Do people still pick people on there level of education/job??
    I know two wans who wouldn't go out with someone who didn't have a degree :confused:....like what difference deos it make???

So long as someone has a willingness to do something/anything and not expect the other person to be there personal atm....what's the issue??

^^paying for everything gets old very quickly IMO.....(im not as tight as that sounds :O)

some relationships are about image. so a man picks a woman who makes him look good through her being attractive and a woman picks a man who makes her look good through being successful etc.

some people want to impress the herd (family and friends) so much that they only pick partners who meet certain criteria because they know their family and friends will be impressed.

the acid test of any relationship, is if you removed all the money and looks and acclaim from others and just took the two people in the relationship, would it survive?

All I need now is for Barcelona to win the Cope del Rey and the Champions League and I will officially need a liver transplant :)

• Advertisement

Roquentin wrote: »
    some relationships are about image. so a man picks a woman who makes him look good through her being attractive and a woman picks a man who makes her look good through being successful etc.

some people want to impress the herd (family and friends) so much that they only pick partners who meet certain criteria because they know their family and friends will be impressed.

the acid test of any relationship, is if you removed all the money and looks and acclaim from others and just took the two people in the relationship, would it survive?

I often wondered this....why people bother....was in visiting a friend who actually dislikes his fiancée and more than one who would tell you that there unhappy....seems to me there wasting their lives???

And they do be mocking me for being eternally single (in the will die alone category now)....obv I don't tell them of dates etc I do be on....because at least it's anonymous here :)

But I will in my fcuk be stuck in a unhappy relationship after this long being single....

I only know of about three relationships which would survive the acid test you put down....

I often wondered this....why people bother....was in visiting a friend who actually dislikes his fiancée and more than one who would tell you that there unhappy....seems to me there wasting their lives???

And they do be mocking me for being eternally single (in the will die alone category now)....obv I don't tell them of dates etc I do be on....because at least it's anonymous here :)

But I will in my fcuk be stuck in a unhappy relationship after this long being single....

I only know of about three relationships which would survive the acid test you put down....

As the saying goes, better to be in no relationship than to be in a bad one.

I look at some of my siblings who are married for years and have kids and none of them are happy apart from my brother who seems to be content enough. But i wouldnt swap places with any of them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Ah lucky you :) pass some of that luck down this way will ya :)

And congrats eternal. :)

mg1982 wrote: »

I look at some of my siblings who are married for years and have kids and none of them are happy apart from my brother who seems to be content enough. But i wouldnt swap places with any of them tbh.

I've been in An awful relationship for years. Hence I'm not in a rush to commit again. If I do start dating soon, it'll be for fun n company first for a long long time.

Though why are they wasting their lives being unhappy..,,you only get one shot at it (only last year or two I've taken this outlook in everything!!)....

Though why are they wasting their lives being unhappy..,,you only get one shot at it (only last year or two I've taken this outlook in everything!!)....

I suppose the fact they have kids, it all kinda revolves around them.

But i know your right. YOLO.

Mg did you just use YOLO.... Haha well I never :)

I guess....but would you not end up resenting the children for spending years being miserable etc for them/would they pick up on it??

I only wonder as I got a msg inviting me to an engagement party of someone who told me in private there not unhappy and want out....but have a child and are applying for a mortgage!!!

I told them not to....but you cannot lead people's lives for them

I guess....but would you not end up resenting the children for spending years being miserable etc for them/would they pick up on it??

I only wonder as I got a msg inviting me to an engagement party of someone who told me in private there not unhappy and want out....but have a child and are applying for a mortgage!!!

I told them not to....but you cannot lead people's lives for them

That's insane.

• Advertisement

It's a joke. I know people who hate being married and go out every weekend looking for men on the side. Another friend hates her husband yet just had another kid with him. Why bother like. I hate cheating though, especially people engaged or married having sex with people with no regard for their partner. It makes me physically sick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement