Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭

554b8a4d89081.jpg

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo.

Here's the official synopsis of the film: "'Captain America: Civil War' picks up where 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, Captain America: Civil War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely

The film returns Chris Evans as the iconic Super Hero Captain America along with Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Falcon, The Vision, Hawkeye, War Machine and Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s Ant-Man, Paul Rudd will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

The film also includes an outstanding additional cast, including T’Challa/Black Panther, Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl(?) , Crossbones, General Thaddeus Thunderbolt Ross and Martin Freeman(?)

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well that was horrible. Heres a readable version of that text...

Sorry about that huge block of unreadable text. Removed the lot of it and just kept synopsis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Personally, a main character has to die, or there has to be some form of tangible, actual consequence to events; it's not enough now to forgive the films with the argument of 'ah sure they're just whizz-bang blockblusters', and Civil War seems like the best point to do it given the nature of its story. The MCU needs a narrative / creative shot in the arm imo.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Personally, a main character has to die, or there has to be some form of tangible, actual consequence to events; it's not enough now to forgive the films with the argument of 'ah sure they're just whizz-bang blockblusters', and Civil War seems like the best point to do it given the nature of its story. The MCU needs a narrative / creative shot in the arm imo.

Im pretty sure thats gonna happen with Civil War...... preeeety sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The cast for Civil War so far

10382642_1122361437780427_7642583721277062673_n.jpg?oh=aea1462d7a668c2672ef1411a777fb4e&oe=55CCCD9F&__gda__=1440119968_fa2a54f627c10d13f3231e4f536422a5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i hope not as TBH it sound cheap.

i'd much prefer a captain america on the run as an outlaw by the end of it. it'd be far more interesting to see the powers that be run a campaign againts him than just have him offed. side we all know he has to end up in infinity war with a broken shield courtessy of thanos.

still its nice to see cap 3 be effectively avengers 2.5 and im glad ant mans getting on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »

10382642_1122361437780427_7642583721277062673_n.jpg?oh=aea1462d7a668c2672ef1411a777fb4e&oe=55CCCD9F&__gda__=1440119968_fa2a54f627c10d13f3231e4f536422a5

Should be called Avengers 3 War

Sebastian Stan is back too as Bucky

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

too... much... cast...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

too... much... cast...

It's a war...between superheroes...it's going to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The script for Civil War has been leaked (allegedly). However, as previous leaks on 4Chan have proved to be true, this could be another one.

Obvious spoilers when clicking the link:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BritsKingdom/news/?a=120220

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Zhane wrote: »
    It's a war...between superheroes...it's going to be epic.

I wonder if any cities will be levelled during the fights? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

pixelburp wrote: »
    I wonder if any cities will be levelled during the fights? ;)

if they follow the comic book - A BIG FECKING YES to that. its fairly integral to the plot at various points, and that is just within the 7 Civil War comics, never mind the 90+ comics that feed in to that arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Theres no way I can see of condensing that whole story into a 2.5 hour movie and have it pay off in a satisfactory way IMO. The cast numbers alone mean that half of them aren't going to get their Due.

Theres no way I can see of condensing that whole story into a 2.5 hour movie and have it pay off in a satisfactory way IMO. The cast numbers alone mean that half of them aren't going to get their Due.

I know, a season of ten or so episodes on Netflix would be more appropriate. With the big $$$ budget of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I know, a season of ten or so episodes on Netflix would be more appropriate. With the big $$$ budget of course :)

Its been a while since I read Civil War, but if memory serves me correctly, there aren't that many huge set piece battles a la the end of the movies. Its a much more intimate affair looking at how different characters are adversely affected by both sides of the registration act. Condensing that down to big battles just isn't going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Perhaps AoS will provide a lot of build up to this?

agreed - but I don't think they will follow the story exactly, just use the same basic story of the registration act and the fight for/against it.

We won't have Nitro and his involvement, but we have the battle of new york, the devestation of london in Thor 2, Hulk and Iron Man destroying some of South Africa - we already have reasons for a Registration Act to be put in place.

We already have people who will pick sides - Iron Man, Black Widow and WarMachine pro-registration. Cap and Falcon anti-registration. I reckon Hawkeye could be the fulcrum of the fight. His army background leaning him towards pro - his desire to keep his family safe/secret his reasons for anti-registration.

No clue how they will tie Ant Man in to it. Is Paul Rudds character a sufficient genius to work with Iron Man in the way he (and Reed Richards) do in the comics? Also have to assume a different relationship between Iron Man and Spider Man - and a guess they simply can't unmask publicly, not before he has even had his own movie (in this characters iteration).

There have to be massive changes to the story, but if they are to tie it up similar to how the comic ends - there has to be a big, city damaging fight. Obviously they don't have to end the movie the same way, but regardless of how they get to the end it would make sense with regards to the continuing the Avengers story arc into Infinity War, and would make sense with how Marvel have ended every other movie.

Im pretty sure thats gonna happen with Civil War...... preeeety sure.

My guess is a non-major charactor, or no one will die in Civil War, but that Captain America will die at the end of Infinity Wars part 1.

Bacchus wrote: »

it feels like it has started this with the (Shield vs Shield) vs Hydra story at the moment. Coulson with the anti-registration, other shield with pro-registration.

Though I feel that story arc may round itself off long before Civil War hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder if Martin Freeman could be playing
    Norman Obsborne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Norman Obsborne

I heard one theory of him being either Henry Gyrich (Government Liaison to the Avengers), or Everett Ross (a Government agent assigned to Wakanda)

I heard one theory of him being either
    Henry Gyrich (Government Liaison to the Avengers), or Everett Ross (a Government agent assigned to Wakanda)

Or how about Pip the troll? Dudes got the experiance :)

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/RayDyas/2006-12-07_131053_Pip_3.jpg

(I don't think its necessary to spoiler tag a theory)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bacchus wrote:

I think they already are with the Index of powered beings and Inhumans

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Norman Obsborne

When Marvel did the deal for the shared rights to Spider-Man, my one wish, is for Mel Gibson to play Norman Osborne and lead into a Dark Avengers storyline after Infinity War.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I think it would be interesting if Spiders unmasking was his first appearance into the MCU.

They can make brief mention of his past or have him as a name drop in AoS, leave the movie for now and have it at a later date, after civil war.

It's not as if he is not big enough to drop in with no explanation.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I think it would be interesting if Spiders unmasking was his first appearance into the MCU.

They can make brief mention of his past or have him as a name drop in AoS, leave the movie for now and have it at a later date, after civil war.

It's not as if he is not big enough to drop in with no explanation.

I just can't see how an unmasking makes sense.

He is gonna be just a kid, only really starting out. To have him publicly unmask at the very start of his movie story just doesn't make sense to me. There would be a potential impact for the audience, but not for the people within the movie as he isn't a big name superhero who has been the subject of public scrutiny for years and has hidden his identity for years.

If the idea is to have him in school for the first of his own movies, unmasking him would be a very odd thing to do.

I reckon it is Hawkeye, with his family, that will take up Spidermans role in the CW arc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The only hero that's been established so far that has a proper secret identity is Daredevil I think? Spoilering because lots of people reading this might not read the comics:
    Spider-man's unmasking was such a big deal because he was always so paranoid about his adversaries finding out who he was, a big unmasking scene with any of the heroes established in the marvel films so far won't have much of an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lithium93_ wrote: »

My reaction to this was very much:

Yay the usual gang :)
    Paul Rudd JOB! :D
    More of Vision, class :)
    That gimp looking fella looks class :eek:
    Unreal the guy from Inglorious Basterds :cool:
    MARTIN FREEMAN YUSS! :D
    Ah fúck off it's that dope from Revenge :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I just can't see how an unmasking makes sense.

He is gonna be just a kid, only really starting out. To have him publicly unmask at the very start of his movie story just doesn't make sense to me. There would be a potential impact for the audience, but not for the people within the movie as he isn't a big name superhero who has been the subject of public scrutiny for years and has hidden his identity for years.

If the idea is to have him in school for the first of his own movies, unmasking him would be a very odd thing to do.

I reckon it is Hawkeye, with his family, that will take up Spidermans role in the CW arc.

I'm hoping they stick with what was probably the initial intention and have Black Panther unmask. They could play it like BP is a local Wakandan superhero but by revealing his real identity means revealing he's actually the King of Wakanda. It'd be enough to make his unmasking mean something, while not unmasking Spider-Man as that would really screw up his solo films before they even begun.

Advertisement