Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

whoop ! pity the fedex tournaments are not in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

any boards league this year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Just picked my players there now although it will prob change 100 times between now and masters. Really wanted to pick rory but couldnt justify the price and lack of strong players i'd have to pick to fill gaps. is ther a boards league this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

Hi guys,

New league and password pin this year is 2955

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

Sorry league name is Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Not great value in the 1 - 1.8m range IMO bar one or two (Moore, oosthuizen). Think I'll go with 3 bigger hitters for the masters. Looking at:
    McIlroy
    Spieth
    Walker
    D.Hoffman
    Langer
    Immelman

Obviously 3 very weak players in there. Might ultimately downgrade Rory and upgrade immelman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

First time to do this league - hope you don't mind if I join the Boards league?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swanswan

Wotz da Password???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

swanswan wrote: »
    Wotz da Password???

Just joined there and pending. Cheers rudboy

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bermo63

the lawman wrote: »

Just joined there and pending. Cheers rudboy
    gonna give this a try again for the crack gl everyone.cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just joined up there, bound to jinx at least 5 of my 6 players this weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭bobster453

Frr Irish Times in all golf clubs this week promoting the Fantasy Golf

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mon Rory...

Joined league, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Anyone brave or foolish enough to select Tiger??

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Just joined there too, took out spieth and replaced with walker

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Just joined and pending

Went with Spieth, Walker, Mickelson, Casey, Langer and Snedeker in the end. Really wanted Spieth and Walker in my team and felt having mcilroy there too just left my other 3 picks too weak. Who'd ye plump for?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I've requested to join. Adam Scott, Brandt Snedeker, Shane Lowry, Brooks Koepka, Angel Cabrera and Russell Henley is my final line up after much deliberation.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hard to pick who you want at the expense of others, I gave up McIlroy, Bubba and Scott and went with Spieth, Walker,Westwood, Furyk, Clarke and Webster in the hope of spreading the points around, either that or McIlroy and a host of outsiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

My final picks are: Jb Holmes, Jimmy Walker, Jordan Speith, Brooks Koepka, Russell Hanley and Charley Hoffman.

By picking Rory the rest of the team was too weak and i'm not entirely convinced he will win either. Had Shane in there all week too but think my heart was ruling my head with that decision so took him out again (Hope i regret this move).

Like a child on christmas morning now waiting for the coverage to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Picked mine earlier this morn.
    Went for Scott & Speith as my big hitters.
    Casey, Haas, Cabrera & Villegas as my cheapies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 genghis26

From the Popular Picks:
    J Spieth 48.49%
    R McIlroy 31.17%
    P Casey 28.25%
    J Walker 26.18%
    P Harrington21.88%
    R Fowler 20.73%
    S Lowry 20.47%

Bubba 19th most popular pick at 9.71%

PARlance wrote: »
    Picked mine earlier this morn.
    Went for Scott & Speith as my big hitters.
    Casey, Haas, Cabrera & Villegas as my cheapies.

My cheapies doing well until Villegas went from -3 on 17th tee to E in clubhouse.

How'd ye fare in the end? Finished a small bit outside the top 100 - spieth, casey and mickelson my only real scorers. Frustrating that Langer and Snedeker both missed the cut by a shot. Nice to get off to a relatively quick start as I was playing catch up a bit last year after a slow start.

220 points for me. Spieth, Casey & Haas doing well for me. Carbrera made the cut, Villegas didn't.

Scott my major disappointment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Just joined there too, took out spieth and replaced with walker

Well that was a bad decision by me!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Managed 167 points - Spieth and Haas my only contributors with Day and Walker letting me down. Lot of ground to make up already. I see Spieth is scheduled to play this week in the RBC Heritage.

The weightings are pretty bad, treble points for majors makes the regular events seem inconsequential and with so few top level players playing some of them week, teams are similar and very little ground is made or lost. It used to be just double points for majors which was far better.

I also don't see why they can't have the pga and european tour events in the same week in the schedule like they used to, would lead to more variety and more potential to score points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Am I too late to join the league now? I made my team in time for the Masters but didn't join the boards league in time.

Also what's the code for making transfers today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

225 points here for me, all 6 players made the cut!! Downhill from here on!!

Advertisement