Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadchurch ITV/TV3 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yup, Filmon is great for watching it early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

just thankful it's over. didn't even care about the reveal of how the girls died. just hope that that's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭donalh087

What an utterly implausible show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Anyone watching on utv?? Well then.....

Got to watch half on stv, until someone called to the house (not a broadchurch fan) :mad: watching it now again on tv3, was expecting that bombshell from the jury, maybe another one will come along in the shape of a plane crashing down on the village, heard there's a few russian one's hanging around :p

Hope there's something at the end of this to justify this shocking season 2:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jeez, I'm fairly used to unrealistic police/courtroom/crime dramas, but this one really takes the biscuit.

I'm slightly dreading how it finally winds up, it can't possibly get any worse, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

How did Ellie and Beth get out of cabin so quickly? Did Joe not leave them behind him when he walked out?

How did Ellie and Beth get out of cabin so quickly? Did Joe not leave them behind him when he walked out?
    I suspended all disbelief about three episodes ago.

This was very lame indeed. Most disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I suspended all disbelief about three episodes ago.

This was very lame indeed. Most disappointing.

As a standalone series it was fairly ok, but as the follow up to Broadchurch Series 1 it was fairly brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Watch out for season 3 where they may solve the murder in season1...or they may not

glasso wrote: »
    yeah she used to be hotter but now has a poundage problem. when yer man (Lee) had her up against the wall in the last episode holding her neck there was a serious double-chin flab issue.

Yeah, i didn't recognise her at first until I read an interview in the paper on the bedroom scenes, as she just had a baby & was worried at being naked in bed!
    Oh right, sorry, I thought that was an email. Didn't he destroy a laptop at some stage too? It's been so long I can't remember... Anyway.

I hope they stick with the ending from Season 1, but also, we need a few twists in next week's episode to make the last 7 weeks worth it!

Tom was seen smashing the laptop off a wall by the local vicar & confronted him on that, but Tom said if he says anything on him, he'll report him by being 'close to them' on the football pitch, but instead the vicar reported him first!

After that woeful season, at least the US had the sense in cancelling Gracepoint!
    But i wouldn't put it past them, maybe they'll be looking to see where Ricky Gillespie's wife went missing, probably away on the tear!

What did people think of Gracepoint compared to S01 let alone S02 of this, as i came late to Broadchurch & saw Gracepoint first as was wanting to see what Double emmy winning Anna Gunn would do on this version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So Lee, Clare, and Ricky were all undone …

by the floorboards :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

Possibly definitely the worst ending to a series ever ever ever ever ever

it did look like he was tightening up his tie to get into his car and drive into a new town and start a brand new detective drama - didnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was incredibly disappointing, and I'll probably still find myself tuning into Season 3 out of curiousity to see where it goes from here, but the whole second season was just really really bad compared to an outstanding first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Just watched it now (it only goes on the STV player after it's aired in Ireland) - totally underwhelming.

What was the point of the second season?! No big twists or revelations - we're just back where we were at the end of season 1 with a few pointless subplots resolved. Kinda annoyed I invested 8 hours in that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

That was woeful. Nothing in the 2nd series stood up to scrutiny or even felt real. Ellie best mates with the family who lost their son at the hands of her husband - who would do that outside the world of prime-time TV drama? The legend of a QC going to work for the former pupil she can't stand? The scumbag child killer heading straight for the village where everybody hates him? I won't even go into the Pippa & Lisa murders. All thoroughly unpleasant people. Apart from the guy who couldn't keep his shirt on, I couldn't give a toss about any of them.

That was incredibly disappointing, and I'll probably still find myself tuning into Season 3 out of curiousity to see where it goes from here, but the whole second season was just really really bad compared to an outstanding first season.

I thought someone was kidding, is there really a 3rd season :eek: more nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After reading comments here, I'm sorta glad I tuned out not long into the 2nd episode this season..

.. it just felt utterly directionless!

I thought someone was kidding, is there really a 3rd season :eek: more nonsense.

Yeah, it was announced by ITV tonight. Tennant and Colman are confirmed to be on board.

I read somewhere that Chris Chibnall always planned for a trilogy, so we can only hope all this nonsense is building up to something major. I doubt it though...

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was announced by ITV tonight. Tennant and Colman are confirmed to be on board.

I read somewhere that Chris Chibnall always planned for a trilogy, so we can only hope all this nonsense is building up to something major. I doubt it though...

I was watching it on tv3, but what a shocker for everyone hoping that was the last of it

I was watching it on tv3, but what a shocker for everyone hoping that was the last of it

I'm just glad it wasn't a cliff-hanger ending, making us wait years for a resolution!

I'm just glad it wasn't a cliff-hanger ending, making us wait years for a resolution!

Well at least that's one saving grace about it, it'll be easily forgettable,but disappointing as watched both Gracepoint&S01 in a short space of time & then this.

Some shows deserve only one season eg Harpers Island, Flashforward etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

What a joke. I find it very difficult to believe he set out to write a trilogy. I think he scored a major hit with the first series, ITV said, Have you got anything up your sleeve and, lo, a trilogy came to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Satisfying ending, Claire is utterly evil. Sandbrook put to bed finally. Where now for DC Hardie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

groovie wrote: »
    Satisfying ending, Claire is utterly evil. Sandbrook put to bed finally. Where now for DC Hardie?

Broadchurch it would seem. I kind of got that impression at the end anyway when the cab driver asked where to and Tennant didn't reply but looked around while straightening his eye as though he still had work to do.

I was actually a bit disappointed in Tennant, felt he really hammed it up during the interview scenes.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Broadchurch it would seem. I kind of got that impression at the end anyway when the cab driver asked where to and Tennant didn't reply but looked around while straightening his eye as though he still had work to do.

I was actually a bit disappointed in Tennant, felt he really hammed it up during the interview scenes.

Tennant/Hardy falling over the investigation file in heaving sobbing tears at the end was the final straw for me.

Very much doubt I'll be tuning in if there is a next one.

Although.... Olivia Coleman......

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

What was the point of the second season?! No big twists or revelations - we're just back where we were at the end of season 1 with a few pointless subplots resolved. Kinda annoyed I invested 8 hours in that...

Yeah when Joe pleaded "not guilty" at the start of the series and wouldn't take the stand I expected some sort of revelation about why he did that. It seemed to hint that he was maybe protecting someone or that there was a larger conspiracy around Danny's killing. But that all came to nothing. It was just so the writer Chibnall could stretch the story out for another series.

I have to admit that I did find the scene with Beth, Ellie & Joe in the seaside cabin very well acted. But to follow that up with the scene of Beth & Ellie having a picnic on the beach stretched credibility for me. I could see the two characters coming to terms with each other but becoming best mates? really?

I don't think I'll be back for series 3.

I can't believe that they have the audacity to believe that people would tune in a for a third series after releasing that bag of shyte that was series 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Well if Season Three is the trial of Lee, Claire, and Rickie, I for one will not be watching. Or will I?
    (cue suspenseful music)
    (fade to black)

Advertisement