Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure watch battery fault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭choicer

KoolKid wrote: »
    A little bit expensive. Shop around and get someone out to look at what's needed and then give you a total price.
    I don't agree with time based calls priced like that. It's only encouraging the engineer to take his time etc.

Fairly limited here in Tipp with regards to companies like this. I called them about the error appearing & said it would be €109 (inc VAT) to come out and troubleshoot the issue and also service the system as it's been some time for that.

The battery is €20 on top of that. She said it would only go over the above price if the issue was bigger than expected or something else was wrong that required more parts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldn't allow anyone into my house for work on an open ended price like that.
    I would always agree to go out & price the job first & then let the customer decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Barney Magoo

Hi guys,
    Reviving this long running thread for a problem I have.

Got the Low Battery alert and replaced the battery with a new 12V 7AH, but still getting a fault alert from time to time (and early morning and all day GSM calls). Could the battery be a dud or is there something else I missed?
    The engineer manual would be useful to have if you could PM also.
    Many thanks

HKC SW-1070 Panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I will PM you the manual.
    Have you a meter to check the battery and battery leads.?
    Also are you sure it's not a wireless device battery.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I will PM you the manual.
    Have you a meter to check the battery and battery leads.?
    Also are you sure it's not a wireless device battery.

Thanks for the manual. I'll get the new panel battery checked tomorrow.

It could indeed be a wireless device battery. The alert message just mentions 'battery flt', not 'panel battery low', or 'panel battery flt'

Not sure how to check the wireless device batteries.

• Advertisement

Do you have engineer access.
    If so go through the log. Press zero on the battery fault event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for the manual. I'll get the new panel battery checked tomorrow.

It could indeed be a wireless device battery. The alert message just mentions 'battery flt', not 'panel battery low', or 'panel battery flt'

Not sure how to check the wireless device batteries.

You can also check the low battery in your user menu if set up.

Thanks again to the experts KoolKid and Altor.

I finally found my engineer access code and checked the log. All events (scrolled back more than 100) were 'battery fault' identified as Panel Battery, then the next event was 'battery OK' then ' battery fault' then ' battery OK' etc.
    This has continued intermittently for a week after fitting a new battery, along with the calls to my mobile sometimes through the night every couple of hours 'battery fault confirm by dialling zero'. If you don't confirm, it calls every 2 minutes.

No mention of RF battery events. I haven't yet tested the voltage on the new battery, but the service menu test appeared to show sufficient current.
    Any thoughts?

Have you a meter to check the battery leads and see what voltage is present.?

No meter with a voltage scale unfortunately, just a simple one showing active current (red light on or off), so I'll have to take it back to the supplier for a voltage check. The intermittent nature of the fault is a puzzle though.

• Advertisement

Just to close out this issue. I had some difficulty identifying the intermittent nature of the problem and it wasn't clear if the new battery was a dud or not so I called on altor to check it out. The new battery showed a full voltage, but it wasn't taking the charge all the time.

Turns out the new battery was suspect after all, a replacement installed by altor worked a dream. Returned the battery I bought to the supplier for a full refund so all happy.

Many thanks to Koolkid and to altor for great advice on here.

Just to close out this issue. I had some difficulty identifying the intermittent nature of the problem and it wasn't clear if the new battery was a dud or not so I called on altor to check it out. The new battery showed a full voltage, but it wasn't taking the charge all the time.

Turns out the new battery was suspect after all, a replacement installed by altor worked a dream. Returned the battery I bought to the supplier for a full refund so all happy.

Many thanks to Koolkid and to altor for great advice on here.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pnag

Can I get a copy of the manual?

Just had the battery fault light come on, so going to get a new one and follow the instructions here. Anywhere that's best to pick one up?

Thanks guys!

Any suppliers or electrical wholesalers would have these batteries.
    I'll PM you the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Millerz

Hi Koolkid or Altor
    You guys really know your stuff here.
    Could you please pm me the Engineers Manual for the secure wave system.
    My brother installed the SW1070 and the slimline SW- RKP keypad panel. Also he installed shock sensors on 6 windows at the back of the house.
    For a while the panel was saying low battery call engineer. He couldn't get out and we had a power cut lately. After that the panel now reads
    Comms Fault. Panel cannot SET. Contact engineer. RF low battery.RF Comms FLT and the date is wrong. Any help or advice much appreciated.

Hi
    I have PMed you than manual.
    I would replace any batteries that are showing low.After that if its still showing comms lost I would delete & re enroll the offending devices.

Thanks so much for your help. Will let you know how I get on. I only saw the c123a batteries in the info sheet so bought them and it was only here I read about the 7 amp 12 volt rechargeable battery so will check that out. Thanks again.

I see HKC have an App. It's 7.99 to buy in the App Store. Anyone know anything about it? How would alarm connect to it? Amateur here asking? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

The app only works with the HKC Quantum, 10/70 or 20/140. You need a recognised installer to commission it.

You also have to pay an annual subscription to use the app.

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,
    The large battery was testing perfect too. Thanks again.

Millerz wrote: »
    I see HKC have an App. It's 7.99 to buy in the App Store. Anyone know anything about it? How would alarm connect to it? Amateur here asking? Thanks

You need a GSM-SC, Wifi or Lan card installed to connect to securecomm to use the App.

Hi Koolkid or Altor
    You guys really know your stuff here.
    Could you please pm me the Engineers Manual for the secure wave system.
    My brother installed the SW1070 and the slimline SW- RKP keypad panel. Also he installed shock sensors on 6 windows at the back of the house.
    For a while the panel was saying low battery call engineer. He couldn't get out and we had a power cut lately. After that the panel now reads
    Comms Fault. Panel cannot SET. Contact engineer. RF low battery.RF Comms FLT and the date is wrong. Any help or advice much appreciated.

If you go into the service menu in engineer mode.
    Scroll to device status and go through them all to see what has the low battery.

Thanks Altor, will check this out.

Thanks Altor, will check this out.

No Problem, any other questions let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've to change the battery on mine too. Its a secure watch, not sure which model but seems to be fully wired.

If I change the battery will I need to go into engineer mode to set it up again?

Thanks

No you should be able to just open the panel and replace the battery like for like.
    The alarm may sound when you open the main panel. This can be silenced with the user code.
    If you are anyway unsure working around the mains power turn off the power at the trip switch or at the fused spur at the panel.

Changed battery there but code seems to be reset to 1111. Does this need to be reprogrammed now?

Keith186 wrote: »
    Changed battery there but code seems to be reset to 1111. Does this need to be reprogrammed now?

The system has defaulted back to factory setting if 1111 if the system does not except your original user code.
    You will need to set up the zones names, types e.g. panic, plus options if you have PIRs installed. User codes, times to set up the time and date.

I have P.M.ed you the manual off the system but if you have any questions please let us know.

• Advertisement

Cheers altor, will have a read of manual later and give it a shot tomorrow hopefully if I get some time. Installer wrote the zones on the back of the panel so will try set up same ones that were there.

How long would it roughly take for a novice?

Advertisement