Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Even if i had a gamecube and resi REmake(which i guess i kind of do through Dolphin), id still have bought this, and 3 times too, PS3/PS4/PC.

Well then.... enjoy your sub par controllers then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Beware you may get hit by customs charges, bastards caught me when I ordered off Pa During the summer :mad:

How much did you get stung by? What did you spend?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beware you may get hit by customs charges, bastards caught me when I ordered off Pa During the summer :mad:

I've been stung by them more times in the last 6 months than I've ever been. They must really be cracking down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How much did you get stung by? What did you spend?

Think the game was about 45 plus whatever I payed for fed ex to deliver it and then about 2 weeks after they delivered I received an invoice for 28 from fed ex :mad:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've been stung by them more times in the last 6 months than I've ever been. They must really be cracking down.

Did you use fed ex though or just the normal delivery method?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did you use fed ex though or just the normal delivery method?

Normal delivery.

If you go FedeX you will nearly 100% get stung for customs. They hand everything they receive over to customs and add on a handling fee as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Normal delivery.

If you go FedeX you will nearly 100% get stung for customs. They hand everything they receive over to customs and add on a handling fee as well.

You got stung by normal delievy through the post? feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Its on €30 on Play Asia, they'd hardly sting you for customs on a €30 parcel?

I used to import a lot about 10 years back and the rule of thumb then was if it was over €100 it was 50/50 if you got hit but under and no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

penev10 wrote: »
    Its on €30 on Play Asia, they'd hardly sting you for customs on a €30 parcel?

I used to import a lot about 10 years back and the rule of thumb then was if it was over €100 it was 50/50 if you got hit but under and no bother.

Depends on where its from. When a lot of people were buying from play.com ALL packages with their logo were automatically sent to customs and any that were over the exemption were charged for VAT plus handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

penev10 wrote: »

Over the past 6 years customs are stopping almost everything try to take in as much revenue as possible.

I have been fairly lucky myself but some of the small expensive things they stung me for.

In saying that I've gotten 100s of euros worth of stuff from VGP in Canada and none of that was ever checked.

Over the past 6 years customs are stopping almost everything try to take in as much revenue as possible.

I have been fairly lucky myself but some of the small expensive things they stung me for.

In saying that I've gotten 100s of euros worth of stuff from VGP in Canada and none of that was ever checked.

Same here never been stung by vgp and long may it last!

• Advertisement

Same here never been stung by vgp and long may it last!

Oh I have been. You're not immune. I think customs are cracking down on Hong Kong post at the moment which means more chance of getting caught but there was a while a few years ago when they were doing the same with Canadian post (and for some reason postage times from Canada went from 3-5 days to two weeks or more, very annoying when I ordered Resi 4 on Gamecube and had to wait until February!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I've found that anything from Asia sets alarm bells whereas stuff from America can sometimes get through the net.

Does this hold up today without the nostalgia? I never played any of the Resident Evil games really but it looks promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Probably my favourite game of the series. Can't wait to revisit it.

Does this hold up today without the nostalgia? I never played any of the Resident Evil games really but it looks promising

It will.

Tank controls will only take a few minutes to adjust to. Graphics won't be brilliant but they will be fine.

Personally I'll be delighted to have this in the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Probably my favourite game of the series. Can't wait to revisit it.

In 1996 I was 17 and growing out of gaming a bit, I was fed up with Sonic and Mario etc. Then I played Resi and for the first time it dawned on me that gaming will be my favorite pastime for life and not just for kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I cancelled that Play-asia order - shipping time slipped to January 19th! Might as well save money and get the download!

Elessar wrote: »
    I cancelled that Play-asia order - shipping time slipped to January 19th! Might as well save money and get the download!

When is the download available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When is the download available?

Jan 21st in Europe afaik, so next Wednesday,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Resident Evil was such a new kind of game, not the mechanics, they were laid out and implemented well in Alone in the Dark.
    But the presentation, the art style, the use of video and the implementation of cinematic horror in the medium, pretty much a pioneer.
    And as the series staled over the years and releases I think many wondered if Capcom would ever get their mojo back.
    Well, with Resi on the Gamecube six years after the original, that's exactly what they did.
    It was far far better than a reboot ever deserved to be and they were able to trade on that to reinvent, once again on the GC, with Resi 4.
    Oddly it was another seven years before they pulled their thumbs out with the superb Revelations title on the 3ds and later on other formats too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Link for this is now up on Euro PSN but there's no option to buy/preorder and the video doesn't work so might still be getting uploaded. Shows a release date of 20th Jan.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/resident-evil/cid=EP0102-CUSA01067_00-BHRHDPS400000001

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is this out in Japan for download today?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Link for this is now up on Euro PSN but there's no option to buy/preorder and the video doesn't work so might still be getting uploaded. Shows a release date of 20th Jan.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/resident-evil/cid=EP0102-CUSA01067_00-BHRHDPS400000001

Likewise, xbox market lists the game with trailer but no option to buy

PS blog updated with this weeks offerings. They said Resident Evil news next week......the day after it's spose to release?

I asked them about it and then Resi 1 was removed from the PS store. Euro boys completely in the dark again again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Likewise, xbox market lists the game with trailer but no option to buy

gives me the option to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Any idea on the size of the download on Psn?

neasyerac wrote: »
    Any idea on the size of the download on Psn?

I think its about 15gbs

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I think its about 15gbs

Ah not so bad so. My 4mb download could just about manage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I think its about 15gbs

That lower case b.

• Advertisement

:confused: as in is it Gigabit or Gigabyte? Does anyone even use Gigabit for file size? If so, apologies, sheer lazinees on my part for not using caps.

14.2 GB on PS4 and 14.68 GB on Xbox One

Advertisement