Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

If Gemma survives at the end of the show, I'll actually throw some bitch fit, it'll ruin the whole thing for me

No way that can happen?? I'm full sure/hopeful she is next!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

R1_Pete wrote: »
    No way that can happen?? I'm full sure/hopeful she is next!

Speaking of who could be next, theres a 3 minute clip on reddit/youtube of the next episode containing **** loads of spoilers, don't do it people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

stopped watching this as it was just unending misery and jax no longer making smart choices, mostly his moms fault, then watch ep 4 :/ an endless tragic waste of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

None of them will survive......hopefully. Maybe Tig and Chibs/Wendy/Unser.... other then that I hope they all die roaring at this point. Maybe spare Nero, good character.

This season will go down as the worst since the "Irish" season, rivaling it in fact. The show is going out with a whimper, if it wasn't the last season there is no way in hell i would be watching, even the scene with Abel was so telegraphed you knew he was gonna let slip that Gemma killed Tara, but of course they cover it by having him lie about her hurting him before so he won't be believed.

Next episode is probably going to be a whole lot of Gemma too :(

Edit: The story about the Chinese lad killing Tara is blown now and coupled with Abel saying she killed Tara it means we will be seeing and hearing a lot about her sadly. Hopefully she dies actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

kryogen wrote: »
    None of them will survive......hopefully. Maybe Tig and Chibs/Wendy/Unser.... other then that I hope they all die roaring at this point. Maybe spare Nero, good character.

This season will go down as the worst since the "Irish" season, rivaling it in fact. The show is going out with a whimper, if it wasn't the last season there is no way in hell i would be watching, even the scene with Abel was so telegraphed you knew he was gonna let slip that Gemma killed Tara, but of course they cover it by having him lie about her hurting him before so he won't be believed.

Next episode is probably going to be a whole lot of Gemma too :(

Edit: The story about the Chinese lad killing Tara is blown now and coupled with Abel saying she killed Tara it means we will be seeing and hearing a lot about her sadly. Hopefully she dies actually.

That season had probably my favourite season finale and one of my favourite episodes of TV ever though. I do think the finale of this season will be very good in contrast to the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That season had probably my favourite season finale and one of my favourite episodes of TV ever though. I do think the finale of this season will be very good in contrast to the rest.

Yep, the finale was excellent, but it doesn't make the season any less awful :)

I quit the show for a couple of years after that, only came back to it recently enough and caught up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

would really love if Abel took the situation into his own hands and shot Gemma with the gun from he grabs from her handbag while she's on the bog... vincent vega style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A really well paced episode and the best one of the season for me.

If the last two are like this they may just save this season some what.

And the truth shall set you free.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlie Hunnam deserves an Emmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I quite enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The show has been all over the place lately but this episode was very good. Hopefully it keeps it up to finish well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Great episode. Charlie Hunnam reminding us that he actually can act.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great episode at last, it's making up for the few episodes of filler. Jax and Juice's scene was brilliant. 2 more episodes to go, I guess it's going to be Jax avoiding the police (bringing Chibs and the sheriff into play) while looking for his mother and also with a Mayhem vote hanging over his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Another brilliant episode.
    Its just horrible now having to wait a week for the next installment,
    but yet I'm thinking of giving the next episode a miss and watch a double to finish off a great show.

Hopefully it doesn't let down and still manages to throw in a little twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Charlie19 wrote: »
    but yet I'm thinking of giving the next episode a miss and watch a double to finish off a great show.

I think I will do the same with the double episode. I started watching Season 1 three weeks ago and couldn't wait to watch the next episodes. Yes there have been some pointless episodes but also some fantastic ones. Looking forward to the finale now :)

lertsnim wrote: »
    Great episode. Charlie Hunnam reminding us that he actually can act.

Couldn't agree more. His acting in this episode was top drawer.

Its gonna be set up for a interesting finale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

Finally they've gotten back to the quality and standard that had us all watching this show from day 1. Best episode of season 3 so far. In the words of Ron Burgandy "Well that escalated quickly". Once a few cracks started to appear, Gemma's facade of lies crumbled! It's the first time I've seen Charlie do some real acting in quite a while. It just emphasises how much they were going through the motions so far.

What's with the ever expanding runtimes though? One of the earlier episodes I looked at was 59 minutes, then last week was 1h09 and this week was 1h12. At this rate the finale will weigh in at 1h20. I'll probably save next week's episode too and double up for the finalé.

It's a pity they didn't up the gravity a bit earlier though. Bobby's death deserved to be handeled way better. It was also nice to see some of the club worrying now about the Mayhem vote. It struck me as strange that that hadn't been happening all along. Much as I liked the episode, I'd be seriously starting to think about switching charters actually. The teller influence is pretty toxic for the club at this point. Given what's happened this season with Gemma's influence, I wouldn't discount more trouble brewing in a few years once Abel is patched in and is backed by Jax having done something stupid. At this point I think the best ending is to have Jax not meet Mr. Mayhem but be expelled from the club. I think having Chibbs take over as president would be a good move.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^ I dont think there is an episode next week, Thanksgiving is interupting the schedule.

Excellent episode this week, some powerful acting from alot of the cast. Juice gets alot of credit for his recent performances.

When watching back over this season, I think the episodes that people see as laboured will make more sense in that they are setting up a whopper finale and closing all loops and tying up all the storylines and threads.

The main critique of other final seasons is that there are too many unanswered questions and a disappointing end. Sutter has recognised this and is not letting it happen here, similarly it didn't happen on The Shield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

squonk wrote: »
    What's with the ever expanding runtimes though? One of the earlier episodes I looked at was 59 minutes, then last week was 1h09 and this week was 1h12. At this rate the finale will weigh in at 1h20.

They can't go to a 2 hour run time as this would change it into a TV movie and would mean changes to Union rules or something, was the reason the finale a couple of years ago was split in 2 and seemed a bit dragged out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Charlie19 wrote: »

Well if you go back to Season 1 then maybe. Everything in between has be regressively terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Maybe i am wrong but surely Jax should have resigned as president anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Maybe i am wrong but surely Jax should have resigned as president anyway.

i think he's hinted at it a couple of times at church, but he's been batted down and told the club is behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

Clareman wrote: »
    They can't go to a 2 hour run time as this would change it into a TV movie and would mean changes to Union rules or something, was the reason the finale a couple of years ago was split in 2 and seemed a bit dragged out.

1h20 is only 80 minutes runtime though. 2 hours is 120 minutes. Admittedly pushing the 80 minute mark is probably on the verge of movie teritory but I'd say it's feasable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Will they not just have a double episode due to thanksgiving being next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

1h20 is only 80 minutes runtime though. 2 hours is 120 minutes. Admittedly pushing the 80 minute mark is probably on the verge of movie teritory but I'd say it's feasable.

Given that this is on FX and not HBO/Showtime (or cut downloads), you have to remember that over here in the States the last few week's run time has been 90 minutes with ads. Pushing it any further is a stretch for keeping people engaged and not making it a marathon.

Add in ads, considering a recording from my cousin is usually ~43 minutes for 60 minutes TV time, 129 minutes recording could be 3 hours of TV time. I'd imagine 80 minutes is probably getting a bit close to the 2 hour threshold and FX wouldn't be happy to cut ad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^ I dont think there is an episode next week, Thanksgiving is interupting the schedule.

Excellent episode this week, some powerful acting from alot of the cast. Juice gets alot of credit for his recent performances.

When watching back over this season, I think the episodes that people see as laboured will make more sense in that they are setting up a whopper finale and closing all loops and tying up all the storylines and threads.

The main critique of other final seasons is that there are too many unanswered questions and a disappointing end. Sutter has recognised this and is not letting it happen here, similarly it didn't happen on The Shield.

I accept that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I dont think there's hasn't been much mention about Jax trying to patch over the Grimm Bastards. Wouldn't be surprised if this comes out to the other charters when they're discussing the murder and it be pointed as something else where he's gone rogue as president (I'm sure some of the other charters are a lot more rigid on the old 'no black' rules).

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I dont think there's hasn't been much mention about Jax trying to patch over the Grimm Bastards. Wouldn't be surprised if this comes out to the other charters when they're discussing the murder and it be pointed as something else where he's gone rogue as president (I'm sure some of the other charters are a lot more rigid on the old 'no black' rules).

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well, wasn't Juice going to top himself cause he found out his father was black? Other stuff that might come out to affect them is Chibs knocking off a cop and Tig being with a guy, Jax did ask "is this something I should be worried about?" in an earlier episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Ends with Jax lamping his Da's bike into a wall, was it intentional? Who knows? My guess anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Well if you go back to Season 1 then maybe. Everything in between has be regressively terrible.

I know if I felt that way about a tv programme, I would've gave up on it by now. 70 or so episodes on.

Advertisement