Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

JESUS WEPT!!!

The thread title doesn't say spoilers, so like an idiot I started at the end, and see THAT!!

I'm only a few episodes into Season 1, so thanks a frickin bunch!

I suppose that's what I get though :D

Sh1t sorry about that...how do I put spoiler tags on again? I know its too late for you but for other people. Ah feck it I'll just delete it sorry again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i suppose thomas shelby was wishing he was shot.....considering all the women problems he has coming his way poor bastard

good episode

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Really strong finale for a great season, cant wait for the next now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

What an episode from a brilliant series. The production values, acting, direction script and music have set a very very high standard for future television drama.
    The scenes between
    Murphy (plus his grenade) and Hardy was just pure and utter drama of the highest quality. The Cinematic framing of the shot when Murphy and Neill were in the bar after the race had started. Wonderful and atmospheric.

I remember a very different type of series, from the early 1980's called 'The Boys from the Black Stuff' changing the landscape of British TV.
    I do believe/hope we will see 'Peaky Blinders' do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pretty sure that episode was sponsored by the Artic Monkeys :)

Excellent stuff all round, massive step up on series 1!

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »

Excellent stuff all round, massive step up on series 1!

never thought id say it but murphy came off so cool against hardy in that showdown scene ha ha ha. that season was a huge step up on the first eh..
    Grace getting knocked up was sticking out like a ...... well it was obvious!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

up to last night was so so about series 2.............but i have to say last night was superb in particular cillian murphy, roll on season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think Murphy makes it, I find his character intriguing, some much depth to it.

I think Polly's son is going to be good going forward, you can see Tommy knows he's an asset, he has the intelligence drive and ambition needed to rise high in the organisation. I can see him becoming Tommy's righthand man in time. Especially considering Arthur and the rest of the muscle aren't particularly suited to leadership. :P

I think Polly's son is going to be good going forward, you can see Tommy knows he's an asset, he has the intelligence drive and ambition needed to rise high in the organisation. I can see him becoming Tommy's righthand man in time. Especially considering Arthur and the rest of the muscle aren't particularly suited to leadership. :P

Well to be honest I don't trust him. Something not quite right.

Methinks....................... we could have a traitor in the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Great episode to cap off a great season!

But did it reveal if the horse won?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

OldRio wrote: »

He's only 18

He's only 18

Not sure what your point is? Care to expand.

Not sure what your point is? Care to expand.

My point is Tommy found him when he was only 17,he was 18 by series end. I severely doubt the kid will betray his mother and new found family at such a young age.Even at that i doubt Sam Neil character corrupted him before Tommy ever found him.

If anything for the next season i can see Michael becoming Tommys second in command as John will eventually leave as its being hinted twice in the current series that he isn't as cut out for the business as Tommy would be.The same could be said for Arthur but his mental state is very questionable after this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

fantastic ending to a excellent series. Murphy is sensational in this and i hope he gets his rewards for his brilliant portrayal of Tommy Shelby. Also
    Sad to see Sam Neil leave the show even though he was playing deplorable character. i found his character to be a fascinating bastard and he was fantastic in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think he's very much following the Michael Corleone path: the man who wants to make the family "legit" but who will slowly realise that the nature of their rise makes such a move impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Is this any good? Need something new to watch

Is this any good? Need something new to watch

Very good and only 6 episodes per season.

My point is Tommy found him when he was only 17,he was 18 by series end. I severely doubt the kid will betray his mother and new found family at such a young age.Even at that i doubt Sam Neil character corrupted him before Tommy ever found him.

Firstly sorry for the late reply.

You could be right, but remember the writers have 17 years of the unknown to work with.
    One or two things don't add up. He can certainly look after himself, for such a young lad, as seen at that brawl in the bar.
    Also when he was in prison. Was he beat up? Nothing shown by the director.

Well,we will see. Bloody great TV anyway.

i wonder is inspector Campbell dead?

he seemed to be shot in the stomach, he could recover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

just finished this last night, what a great show! hate getting up to date on shows i love, off to find something else to keep me going.
    we were just saying last night how tommy is like walter white in the way that the fecker is a genius. also, i wonder which moth hes in love with? cannot stand grace and her miserable sour head! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

i said the same thing, dunno what it is but i do not trust him. he has slipped into this world very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

fryup wrote: »
    i wonder is inspector Campbell dead?

he seemed to be shot in the stomach, he could recover

If they have him shot at the end of every season and recovering then it'll be a bit much.

He's dead this time. Polly made sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BBC Two has ordered a third series of the Steven Knight-created crime saga Peaky Blinders, and as with Seasons 1 and 2, Netflix now is confirmed to be on board again. The streaming service will air Season 3 in the U.S. after BBC Two transmits

http://deadline.com/2014/11/peaky-blinders-netflix-season-3-bbc-two-1201283608/

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If they have him shot at the end of every season and recovering then it'll be a bit much.

He's dead this time. Polly made sure of it.

are you certain??

i've got a feeling he'll reappear ...maybe in the very final episode and get his revenge on the Shelby's once and for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

fryup wrote: »
    are you certain??

i've got a feeling he'll reappear ...maybe in the very final episode and get his revenge on the Shelby's once and for all

I'm not certain but I hope not.

I think he's brown bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

naughtb4 wrote: »

I'm a few weeks behind but it has fantastic soundtrack, PJ Harvey had an input too along with the ever present Nick Cave.

The scene with Sam Neils character meeting the UVF ending with the verse to The Red Right Hand was one of the best in terms of apt lyrics .

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Got Seasons 1&2 as a gift, cant wait to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The scene with Sam Neils character meeting the UVF ending with the verse to The Red Right Hand was one of the best in terms of apt lyrics .

Found it a bit on the nose myself - maybe would have been fine if a once-off, but not when it's been the main theme every episode too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well it is the main theme song to the series overall. But the particular lyric that was sung at that point was placed perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Late comer to the thread as I only finished series 2 last night, but am still buzzing after it!

I loved the setup of so many shots:
    the symmetry of Shelby and Campbell as they were left standing at opposite ends of the empty bar. The strange beauty of Polly as she left with the red blood stain against her white dress. Thomas staring up into the sky as he prepared to meet his maker. All fantastic moments.

The drama was intense, and everything is set up for a fantastic third series. Surely Michael is going to become a serious contender for right-hand man, but unlike others here, I think John will put up a serious fight. He has waited patiently till now, but he won't see a younger family member overtake him.

I am really disappointed that Grace is back. She is the weakest actor in it, and while the intensity of their attraction carried her through in season one, I really feel her few scenes in the last episode were extremely weak. In short, I am rooting for the other woman!!

Lastly, I love Cillian Murphy. He is an exceptionally good actor and I cannot wait for season three.

Advertisement