Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

fryup wrote: »
    but i still find his dialogue hard to understand?

what this thing about the "bakers" is it just a cover for smuggling??

MY wife said the same about hardy's dialogue. after she wiped up the drool!! whore!

does anyone find the accent on same neil terrible. I know it may be some dialect I'm not familiar with in the north but it sounds shocking bad anyway.
    He's good in it but the accent needs real work. thought he may have refined it since season one, the way vaughen lawlor did for nidge, from love hate season 1 int two and three.

that prison throat cutting was brutal too, strong oul stuff. realy going the boardwalk empire route in such cases. I think season 2 is already better than season 1 complete! Just my opinion, other will disagree, maybe it's just the whiskey talking!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

rusty cole wrote: »
    does anyone find the accent on same neil terrible. I know it may be some dialect I'm not familiar with in the north but it sounds shocking bad anyway.
    He's good in it but the accent needs real work. thought he may have refined it since season one, the way vaughen lawlor did for nidge, from love hate season 1 int two and three.

that prison throat cutting was brutal too, strong oul stuff. realy going the boardwalk empire route in such cases. I think season 2 is already better than season 1 complete! Just my opinion, other will disagree, maybe it's just the whiskey talking!

Agree with season 2 being better, might be knowing the characters more that you dont need to do the lead in etc.

Also there has been no tiresome romantic sub plots, though one seems to be coming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That scene with the "bakers", Hardy and Murphy was brilliant, the throat slitting was brutal but the young lad was brilliantly portrayed. A nod to Arthur, excellent acting in this episode.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    That scene with the "bakers", Hardy and Murphy was brilliant, the throat slitting was brutal but the young lad was brilliantly portrayed. A nod to Arthur, excellent acting in this episode.

I agree. I also thought the scene with murphy trying to get Michael to leave til he turns 18 was really natural. Cillian murphy is so overlooked sometimes, he's eons ahead of the likes of colin Farrell. In fact he would have been good in the new true detective. he has that kind of methodical demeanour I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

rusty cole wrote: »
    Cillian murphy is so overlooked sometimes, he's eons ahead of the likes of colin Farrell.

he's a good actor...but...just a tad baby faced to be taken seriously as inner city hard man

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I can see Polly's son getting killed, there will probably be another attempt on Tommy's life and he'll get caught in the crossfire. She'll go into a deep depression and blame the blinders for getting him involved in their world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can anyone tell me what happened after that man picked up the phone at the end who was it ? My recording cut off with a minute to go saw missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

ricero wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what happened after that man picked up the phone at the end who was it ? My recording cut off with a minute to go saw missed it.

The man was in the hotel with Grace....Thomas just hung up when he heard his voice. Great episode tonight:)

can't say i'm enjoying the second series.....

its too bleak too violent for my liking

that face slashing scene in last night's episode was a bit extreme, don't you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

that face slashing scene in last night's episode was a bit extreme, don't you think?

I didn't think so. It surely wasn't for the squemish but Arthur's been hitting the coke and while it's given him his 'confidence' back, the scene really shows how the drugs are making him erratic in different ways as he goes all a bit Tony Montoya.

Really ? Im finding the 2nd series to be amazing and already feel its easily surpassed series 1. A strong ending to the series and it could be one of the greatest British TV series in a very long time. The casting and performances have been wonderful.

Really ? Im finding the 2nd series to be amazing and already feel its easily surpassed series 1. A strong ending to the series and it could be one of the greatest British TV series in a very long time. The casting and performances have been wonderful.

Yes it has been great so far, something happening in every episode.

Bit disappointed to see Grace back though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

Would agree wholeheartedly with this. I think it is the best drama on TV at the moment. The violence is the juxtaposition between the "old" world and the "new" legitimate business man world. Unsure as to what Grace is back for. The story so far has been great and cannot see what she will add to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

So you also missed one of the key points of last nights show then.
    Try and get it on the iPlayer.

Similar to the Godfather in the way that Tommy like Michael Corleone has a plan to eventually legitimise his criminal empire, rarely a smooth transition though. :p

I've been enjoying it so far, It's set up nicely going into the last couple of episodes, loads of questions to be answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

boccy23 wrote: »
    Would agree wholeheartedly with this. I think it is the best drama on TV at the moment. The violence is the juxtaposition between the "old" world and the "new" legitimate business man world. Unsure as to what Grace is back for. The story so far has been great and cannot see what she will add to it.

has she got thomas's child ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The scene between Sabini and Alfie was just brilliant.Great casting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The scene between Sabini and Alfie was just brilliant.Great casting

Yeah some great dialogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kigawa0508

Does anyone know where I can watch episode 4, it didn't record on my sky box and it doesn't seem to be repeated also I can't access BBC iPlayer in kildare

• Advertisement

Well that was some start!!

Fantastic episode again tonight. Sam Neill is a creepy bastard in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Best episode of the season there for me! Sam Neill is so good!

Is next week the season finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Haven't seen last nights episode yet but loving this season. Amazed by the cast in it: Murphy does plenty of Hollywood work, Hardy is a genuine A lister and Neil can't have been out of work much since Jurassic Park... It really is a stunning cast for a small British drama!

Charlie Chaplin in da house !

Sleepy wrote: »
    It really is a stunning cast for a small British drama!

ah come now, i wouldn't class it as that

This is a major production by the bbc...with a huge budget, hence all the A-list actors in it.

Well that was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Its a shame that sam neill got clipped, but that was quite an ending, murphy really captured the essence of tommy shelby in that scene.

I have high hopes for the next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Its a shame that sam neill got clipped, but that was quite an ending, murphy really captured the essence of tommy shelby in that scene.

I have high hopes for the next season

JESUS WEPT!!!

The thread title doesn't say spoilers, so like an idiot I started at the end, and see THAT!!

I'm only a few episodes into Season 1, so thanks a frickin bunch!

I suppose that's what I get though :D

Advertisement