Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 15 laptop

Options
  • 28-10-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd?oc=cn53105&model_id=inspiron-15-3531-laptop

I think there was a thread on this a while ago, but this is a new price drop so I thought it was worth a new thread.

For a budget laptop in this range, you can't really do better than this. Similar laptops go for 300 euro in the B&M shops.

EDIT: Literally just got updated back to €229 as soon as I posted this. Sorry mods, delete please.

Then back to 182 and then back to 229 just as i refresh, weird!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd?oc=cn53105&model_id=inspiron-15-3531-laptop

I think there was a thread on this a while ago, but this is a new price drop so I thought it was worth a new thread.

For a budget laptop in this range, you can't really do better than this. Similar laptops go for 300 euro in the B&M shops.

EDIT: Literally just got updated as soon as I posted this. Sorry mods, delete please.

Showing at €229 for me, are you including a voucher in your price?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Its €229 when I view it?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Hence the edit, sorry about that, must have just been a glitch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

Still a bargain though!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Was showing up as €189 for me then when I went in again €229 .Might be worth going in and out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

WHERES THE BLEEDIN BARGAIN

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just added it to my basket for 182 incl VAT & shipping...

EDIT: Once you get to the checkout the price jumps back up....awwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just added it to my basket for 182 incl VAT & shipping...

Yep me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I even went on to chat with them, they're not budging on the "incorrect price"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ditto. I think the 182 price may be an ex VAT price......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ditto. I think the 182 price may be an ex VAT price......

It's just a glitch, I saw the 182, and it included VAT and shipping. Then when it showed my cart with the original 229 price, the ex.VAT price was different.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Amazing the way every review is a good one on the website! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Amazing the way every review is a good one on the website! :rolleyes:

In fairness, for the price it's a great laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

very tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

iPink wrote: »
    very tempted...

Does this laptop have a DVD drive

• Registered Users Posts: 39 badboybubby

Bought one of these a few weeks back for 229.Only using it for web browsing,youtube,netflix etc and it handles them fine.Battery life seems good too.No usb 3,dvd drive or ethernet port but cant complain at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,100 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's regularly for sale for €209 incl VAT and shipping, for anybody not in a hurry who wants to save some more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

unkel wrote:
    It's regularly for sale for €209 incl VAT and shipping, for anybody not in a hurry who wants to save some more 

on the Dell website?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,100 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yep. The price has been going up and down between €209 and €249 the last few weeks / months

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Managed to snap up 2 for 197 a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Lads the brother-in-law is looking to buy this for general surfing, facebook and youtube; what has been your experience with it? Cheers

jaqian wrote: »
    Lads the brother-in-law is looking to buy this for general surfing, facebook and youtube; what has been your experience with it? Cheers

Grand laptop, perfectly fine for that usage. It wont have the longest battery life, but should be serviceable. So long as they're not expecting a Macbook Pro for 200 quid, they should be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Currently €206.11 with a 10% VIP voucher code available at www.publicsector.groupscheme.com in the compuer & Electronics section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

evostik wrote: »
    Currently €206.11 with a 10% VIP voucher code available at www.publicsector.groupscheme.com in the compuer & Electronics section

Your link is showing a 404 error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Invincible wrote: »
    Your link is showing a 404 error.

Worked for me, Cheers evostik!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

I was skeptical because of Celeron but I still took chance & bought this one
    This is a brilliant laptop, battery life approx 6hours, not at all slow, 18 seconds start up & 4 seconds shut down with normal 5400rpm HDD it came with, before receiving the laptop i also ordered SSD from Amazon as one of the reviews on Amazon suggested to replace HDD with SSD to make it speedy, Don't know if i need that one
    No fan or heat up issue, very quite & light
    Installed classic shell which get rid of metro interface
    Got rid of trial McAfee & installed AVG (one of the BA threads for 4 year free AVG IS, works fine)
    I am very delighted with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Thanks lads, I've ordered that; really interesting to see the evolution of the laptop with no more ethernet or dvd drive, reminds me of some early Macs that got rid of the floppy drive etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ALS

price gone up to 249 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

ALS wrote: »
    price gone up to 249 :(

Go to http://www.publicsector.groupscheme.com/
    Click on south of Ireland on map then click on Computers & Electronics
    Click on Dell then click "get this discount"

Enter your email, they will send you 10% discount code by email

That will reduce it to €225, Still worth it!

Advertisement