Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 20 - Pettis, Melendez, Aisling Daly **SPOILERS** **See Mod Note OP**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just a heads-up for anyone who has set their DVR to record this tonight, it's on BT sports 2 not 1 so you'll have to setup your UPC box to record it again. Not sure about Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Ais fights next week folks!!
    Fight announcement and shows her coming through the doors to the fight so all the previus concerns about showing Ais looking like shes collapsed do not stop the fight :D

As on this weeks episode...WOOOHOOOO 1 of them is out of the competition!

Don't think its very fair the other girl coming back in team Pettis, surely that means they now have a full team plus 1 injured girl for the fighters to train/spar with whereas team Melendez are short 1 member now....but they cant really complain much having lost every fight so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The ref was way too eager to stand them up in that fight. He wasn't letting them advance positions at all, just kept shouting work even when they were throwing punches. Not that the outcome would be any different mind you, Felice dominated the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

general rule is spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

general rule is spoilers

Read the first post on page 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

general rule is spoilers

4:30am when the thing has just been on, whinging about spoiliers. Learn to internet please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

4:30am when the thing has just been on, whinging about spoiliers. Learn to internet please.

where did I whinge or complain?? I was actually thinking of other users I had no problem with it or I would of complained

where did I whinge or complain?? I was actually thinking of other users I had no problem with it or I would of complained

Nobody has any right to complain about spoilers :rolleyes: see the very first sentence in the thread!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

And the thread title...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yeah I've complained about spoilers before when it involves cross-thread posting. But I came in here knowing posters would be talking about the latest episode. My choice and I was given fair warning.

• Advertisement

I wonder can/should we read anything into fighters positioning in the picture in comparison to how the UFC want to market the finale

B0pZmrNIQAA7bOZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is magana the one always being bitchy to heather? If so, hope Ais smashes her even more. I wonder if her 'special guest' turns up next week. Can't wait for next weeks episode!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is magana the one always being bitchy to heather?

Yep! She gets on like she's in an American high school movie.....not that I watch movies like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The ref was way too eager to stand them up in that fight. He wasn't letting them advance positions at all, just kept shouting work even when they were throwing punches. Not that the outcome would be any different mind you, Felice dominated the fight.
    A lot of the time they weren't trying to advance. Some of it was really just holding the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The more the show goes on, the more I feel sorry for Heather. Fine, it looked like she was being a bit mother-y and a bit of a drip in the first couple of weeks but does that mean she should be treated the way she has been? Absolutely not. Yer wan Magana seems like a bit of a bully and I hope Ais puts her in her place.

However, I honestly don't think that will happen. I have a feeling Ais won't go very far in the comp and my reasoning is that she has been on screen for about a total of 37 seconds throughout the entire run. If you weren't looking out for her, you'd never know she was even on the show. I have a feeling that she'll lose this fight and then be completely forgotten about for the rest of the run while they focus on the drama in the house and whoever the eventual finalists are.

Surely if Ais was a finalist, they'd have given her some exposure by now. I remember Forrest flying under the radar in season 1 but not anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The more the show goes on, the more I feel sorry for Heather. Fine, it looked like she was being a bit mother-y and a bit of a drip in the first couple of weeks but does that mean she should be treated the way she has been? Absolutely not. Yer wan Magana seems like a bit of a bully and I hope Ais puts her in her place.

However, I honestly don't think that will happen. I have a feeling Ais won't go very far in the comp and my reasoning is that she has been on screen for about a total of 37 seconds throughout the entire run. If you weren't looking out for her, you'd never know she was even on the show. I have a feeling that she'll lose this fight and then be completely forgotten about for the rest of the run while they focus on the drama in the house and whoever the eventual finalists are.

Surely if Ais was a finalist, they'd have given her some exposure by now. I remember Forrest flying under the radar in season 1 but not anything like this.

It looks that way alright. The only thing that would lead me to believe differently though is some of the comments she made on a recent interview with Ariel Helwani. She said something along the lines that the coaches and other fighters were surprised at what she could do when her time to fight came around and that everyone more or less took note of her ability then. Also, she did say that she would be fighting in December at the finale of the series which would suggest that she at least wins her first fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Stuffins, by your logic Joanne Calderwood should've lost her first fight because she's as anonymous as Ais is in every episode.

Both ladies are absent because they couldn't give two ****s about the house drama, I think. Felice, Heather and Magana are American TV gold with their carry-on. Why would you film anything else with that Jersey Shore-esque ****e unfolding in-front of ya?

Also re: December fighting, I think every fighter on the series bar the one who blew her ACL have a fight on the card, regardless of who wins the season etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Stuffins, by your logic Joanne Calderwood should've lost her first fight because she's as anonymous as Ais is in every episode.

Both ladies are absent because they couldn't give two ****s about the house drama, I think. Felice, Heather and Magana are American TV gold with their carry-on. Why would you film anything else with that Jersey Shore-esque ****e unfolding in-front of ya?

Also re: December fighting, I think every fighter on the series bar the one who blew her ACL have a fight on the card, regardless of who wins the season etc.

It's not about losing your first fight really. It's about doing well in the how. There's nothing to say that Joanne will get through her next fight or make it to the finale.

It's reality TV and they focus on all of the trash true, but they also need to build up the eventual winner.

I hope you're right and she does well, but it makes sense to me that if she did infact get to the final they'd actually show her on screen now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

she did say that she would be fighting in December at the finale of the series which would suggest that she at least wins her first fight.

I think one of the girls announced that they are all fighting on that card

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

They'll all be on the finale apart from one recovering from knee surgery.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/tuf-20-finale-to-feature-all-cast-members-except-justine-kish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

darced wrote: »

She is on card on December said it on MMA hour a few weeks ago. Doubt it'll be for title but hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sure its 115kg, they're all pretty big :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

I like the ranking system as well, good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Why would she be expected to be on or even near weight ten weeks in advance of a fight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If the MLB World Series runs late tonight TUF will be scrapped for it's 3am showing. It'll be 100% broadcast @ 10pm Thursday on BT Sports 2, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Nice for Ais to get some airtime for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

I was a little worried after the first round but she really came back strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

hell of a performance from Ais. Her submission defence in the first was top notch, and for someone who was struggling with the vegas heat she was well able to bring it for three rounds. Was on the edge of my seat throughout. Great fight.

Advertisement