Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Red Raisins. (Level 1 Block B).

Showers in a few buildings- see this map http://www.ul.ie/ee/uploads/files/2-Cycle%20facilities.pdf

I never knew there was a shower in the library ha! Where abouts in the library would if be do ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone missing labs for their Chemistry module? I'm in CH4001 and I think there's other 3 CH modules as well we have together for a lecture

It might have changed since I did it, but if you are in Aeronautical Engineering I don't think you do labs for that module.
    All the Engineers bar Chemical do a report or something instead of lab work, but the final exam (multiple choice I think) is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I think the shower in the library is in the basement, though I'm not 100% sure. I was of the opinion that the shower there was more for the ITD staff. Probably wrong on that count though.

When I did General Chemistry two years ago none of the engineers had labs, it was just a report.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Ompala wrote: »
    It might have changed since I did it, but if you are in Aeronautical Engineering I don't think you do labs for that module.
    All the Engineers bar Chemical do a report or something instead of lab work, but the final exam (multiple choice I think) is the same.
    iLaura wrote: »
    I think the shower in the library is in the basement, though I'm not 100% sure. I was of the opinion that the shower there was more for the ITD staff. Probably wrong on that count though.

When I did General Chemistry two years ago none of the engineers had labs, it was just a report.

I thought everyone had labs for Chemistry and I'm pretty sure that my lecturer mentioned that we'd be doing labs in Week 3 and told us to get each of the following, lab manual, lab coat, safety glasses and wear suitable attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

I thought everyone had labs for Chemistry and I'm pretty sure that my lecturer mentioned that we'd be doing labs in Week 3 and told us to get each of the following, lab manual, lab coat, safety glasses and wear suitable attire.

Everyone is in the same lecture but theres a few different names/module codes for it, more people do labs than don't so they could have just been speaking in general. In fairness you will need most of the stuff you mentioned anyways for labs. Myself and iLaura did the module in the same year and thats how it was run then, send a quick email to the lecturer to be on the safe side :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

Is it just me or is anyone missing labs for their Chemistry module? I'm in CH4001 and I think there's other 3 CH modules as well we have together for a lecture

you don't have labs only CH4701, CH4721, CH4751 have labs CH4001 doesn't have any only tutorials its in the power point she gave us

Ompala wrote: »
    Everyone is in the same lecture but theres a few different names/module codes for it, more people do labs than don't so they could have just been speaking in general. In fairness you will need most of the stuff you mentioned anyways for labs. Myself and iLaura did the module in the same year and thats how it was run then, send a quick email to the lecturer to be on the safe side :)
    you don't have labs only CH4701, CH4721, CH4751 have labs CH4001 doesn't have any only tutorials its in the power point she gave us

Oh right, must've missed out the part where CH4001 don't do labs. That's alright then and I suppose that there wouldn't be much workload for chemistry then would there? It's one of the modules that I am genuinely worried about as I didn't do chemistry and I'm really shít at science based subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cian__

Did any of you join any clubs/soc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is there anywhere where you can eat on campus that's quite and has wifi? I've a really busy day Monday and wont get home to eat. And does anyone know where the public showers are on campus that you can use after cycling?

There are a number of changing rooms under the Sports Bar. You can also go to the PESS buildling. The showers be on the LHS of the cafe there. Actually there may be wifi at that cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Cian__ wrote: »
    Did any of you join any clubs/soc?

Tried. I'm going to the comedy EGM tomorrow to try to pay my fee. Computer soc hasn't been in contact since I asked, but I don't know if they're still going. (Their homepage went quiet in 2012.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I need confirmation from UL that I am attending there for the susi grant. Do I just go to the SAA with the letter, or is there any forms I need to bring?

Tried. I'm going to the comedy EGM tomorrow to try to pay my fee. Computer soc hasn't been in contact since I asked, but I don't know if they're still going. (Their homepage went quiet in 2012.)

Only joining them to play on their minecraft server. I did see them at their booth at the recruitment drive so they are definitely running this year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I need confirmation from UL that I am attending there for the susi grant. Do I just go to the SAA with the letter, or is there any forms I need to bring?

SAA can make a letter and send it out to you confirming your attendance. You can simply email them to request this. http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Student_Academic_Administration/Student%20Information/Requests%20-%20Letter,%20Transcripts,%20Recheck%20Forms,%20Change%20of%20Address

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niamhmoloney0

I got awarded my grant a while ago, and I went to view my bank details (sort code and IBAN) in my student portal but they're not there. Should I re-enter them, contact susi or go into the fees office and see if they can help??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Just go in and they'll give you one there and then.

Does anyone know where the climbing wall is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Does anyone know where the climbing wall is?

Walk towards East Gate, it's on the right in what looks like a yard, directly across from the make shift pedestrian crossing. I think there's a sign so if you stick to the right footpath, you should see it :)

Does anyone know who I go to if I'm having trouble pre registering my modules for next semester? It won't let me submit them on the si.ul website :confused:

Does anyone know who I go to if I'm having trouble pre registering my modules for next semester? It won't let me submit them on the si.ul website :confused:

For next semester? Just checked my account on si.ul.ie and there's nothing there about module registration. It's not done till week 1 in Semester. It'll be the same process that we had to do when we first started it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

For next semester? Just checked my account on si.ul.ie and there's nothing there about module registration. It's not done till week 1 in Semester. It'll be the same process that we had to do when we first started it.

People with electives have to pre-register for modules in the preceding semester I believe.

onethreefive: Pop into SAA and they should sort you out.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    People with electives have to pre-register for modules in the preceding semester I believe.

onethreefive: Pop into SAA and they should sort you out.

Thanks! Is that the place upstairs in the ski slopes that always has huge ques?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thanks! Is that the place upstairs in the ski slopes that always has huge ques?

Yup. If you go early in the morning there's usually no queue. I was able to walk straight in at 9:50am last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yup. If you go early in the morning there's usually no queue. I was able to walk straight in at 9:50am last week.

Are they open all day? I need to go in, but might not be able to until after 4PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Are they open all day? I need to go in, but might not be able to until after 4PM.

9.30 - 4.30 Mon - Thurs. Theres a two hour break too, think it's at 12.30 - 2.30, not 100% sure.
    Closes at 3.30 on Fridays.

I went in last Wednesday at about 3.30 and there was no queue.

Could someone tell me where F1018 is? I'm going to be putting an assignment in a box there soon enough so I went looking for it today but couldn't find it. There were loads of doors with Staff and post grads only written on them. Do I go through them doors?

Could someone tell me where F1018 is? I'm going to be putting an assignment in a box there soon enough so I went looking for it today but couldn't find it. There were loads of doors with Staff and post grads only written on them. Do I go through them doors?

Should be there as that's where you'd normally submit your assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

ORB

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Anyone else feel like they are absolutely screwed for these exams?! Like what the hell is even in them ! :P

Midkemia wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like they are absolutely screwed for these exams?! Like what the hell is even in them ! :P

Are you talking about mid-terms or end of semester exams?

Either way, I'm fúcked :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Are you talking about mid-terms or end of semester exams?

Either way, I'm fúcked :P

As far as I know I only have end of semester exams ? D: I just wish I knew what I'm supposed to know

Advertisement