Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Ok I live under a rock. I know. Ive only just read this morning about Maíria Cahill and how she was raped. And for anyone else living under that rock, basically Mairia says there was an IRA investigation into the rape during which Adams told her that abusers can be so manipulative that sometimes the victims enjoy it. Of course, Adams denies this whole thing happened.

Im not rubbishing her particular case or any other particular allegations from other people. But I sometimes wonder, Gerry Adams seems to be plagued by so much crap (even his own brother was accused of rape :rolleyes: )........ was he really that bad?

Mod:

Thread moved from After Hours.

Everybody else, think before you post. Make sure it's on topic and adds something to the thread, off topicry, whataboutery (there's been enough of it) and back seat moderation will result in bans from now on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Great set of gnashers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Great set of gnashers though.

There shergars...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Do you trust Mr Adams?
    He is the only person on the planet who thinks he was not in the IRA.
    The man is a lier pure and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

I actually would strongly consider voting SF #1 in 2016 for the first time ever. I would be very curious whether how they would handle power. However I will not vote for SF while Adams is leader. I like Mary Lou and Doherty but Adams is completely and utterly trustworthy. Most men with beards are the same! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I actually would strongly consider voting SF #1 in 2016 for the first time ever. I would be very curious whether how they would handle power. However I will not vote for SF while Adams is leader. I like Mary Lou and Doherty but Adams is completely and utterly trustworthy. Most men with beards are the same! ;)

Voting them in out due to pure curiosity is a ridiculous attitude to take with your vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

gunny558 wrote: »
    But I sometimes wonder, Gerry Adams seems to be plagued by so much crap (even his own brother was accused of rape :rolleyes: )........ was he really that bad?

His Brother was convicted of Rape. Of his own Daughter.

Are you insinuating that the conviction was part of a conspiracy to blacken the flawless reputation of Saint Gerry :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

Winty wrote: »
    Do you trust Mr Adams?

Well he cant hardly admit to that now can he. He could end up losing his position to be replaced by someone else. How many people in SF would have the experience that he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

they were psychopathic murderers why are people surprised that they were raping kids as well?

Skid X wrote: »
    His Brother was convicted of Rape. Of his own Daughter.

Are you insinuating that the conviction was part of a conspiracy to blacken the flawless reputation of Saint Gerry :rolleyes:

No that rape was fair enough... But I remember back in the early 90's there was rumours going around about a second rape..... but I never saw anyone come forward with proof thats what I was getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

VinLieger wrote: »
    Voting them in out due to pure curiosity is a ridiculous attitude to take with your vote

I never said that was my only reason but I will not vote for FG/Lab/FF for several other reasons. The question is would SF put their money where their mouth is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Well he cant hardly admit to that now can he. He could end up losing his position to be replaced by someone else. How many people in SF would have the experience that he does.

Indeed, given his 'experience' and our penchant for combining Justice and Defence - he could serve as a minister who covers both portfolios.

It seems he has experience with administering courts ;)

......and Óglaigh na hÉireann :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Adams has been a liability for SF for the past while. He has no credibility

Moved from AH. Please read the Politics forum charter before posting.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056544373

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

No that rape was fair enough...

WTF!?

Martin McGuinness has told the world the truth and he has the top job in N. Ireland so why can Mr Adams the man who put the nail in Jean's coffin

WTF!?

Dont start. Ya know what I meant.

Martin McGuinness has told the world the truth and he has the top job in N. Ireland so why can Mr Adams the man who put the nail in Jean's coffin

And do you honestly think if Adams came out tonight on televsision and admitted he was in the IRA/army councel that he'd be the next Taoiseach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Ok I live under a rock. I know. Ive only just read this morning about Maíria Cahill and how she was raped by her grandfather who was a top IRA man.
    Her grand-uncle, Provisional IRA founder Joe Cahill, was not the man who allegedly raped her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Didn't I read somewhere that he was arrested, questioned, and released without charge on that very issue.

It was round abut the time that the local elections were upon us too.

Didn't I read somewhere that he was arrested, questioned, and released without charge on that very issue.

Correct, its hard for the PSNI to make a case 30 years old without the help of members of the public who have not forgot what Adams can do if you cross him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And do you honestly think if Adams came out tonight on televsision and admitted he was in the IRA/army councel that he'd be the next Taoiseach?

Do you actually think he will be the next Taoiseach?

Worked for Martin why not Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

You're joking here right? Can never tell with you.

Sinn Fein are Sinn Fein. Many of them have murky pasts one way or another...while the newer generation still support Adams to the hilt. He aint going anywhere soon. They see politics as the continuation of a struggle by other means. Their populism might fool some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Correct, its hard for the PSNI to make a case 30 years old without the help of members of the public who have not forgot what Adams can do if you cross him.

So it was a complete waste of time even arresting him?

(in the mouth of local elections)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

diomed wrote: »
    Her grand-uncle, Provisional IRA founder Joe Cahill, was not the man who allegedly raped her.

I was thinking this. That initial post needs to be edited or removed pronto!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

VinLieger wrote: »

It's no more ridiculous than many of the reasons given by people who vote in Irish elections i.e. 'I'm voting Fine Gael because my family always voted for them'.

To be honest about it Adams has told so many lies over the past few years I'm waiting for the moment when he categorically denies even being Gerry Adams. Luckily for him, all scandal dissipates eventually. The stuff about his niece was actually cringe-worthy such was the implausibility of his statements; like denying he knew that his paedophile brother was in Sinn Féin despite the fact he was running for the party officer board in Louth, one of the most important constituencies for SF and the place he is now TD for. Similarly he also denied that he knew Liam Adams was working in a youth centre in Beechmount in West Belfast; as if Gerry Adams' brother would go unnoticed ten minutes from SF's head office in an area where the Provos know everybody and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FTA69 wrote: »
    It's no more ridiculous than many of the reasons given by people who vote in Irish elections i.e. 'I'm voting Fine Gael because my family always voted for them'.

To be honest about it Adams has told so many lies over the past few years I'm waiting for the moment when he categorically denies even being Gerry Adams. Luckily for him, all scandal dissipates eventually. The stuff about his niece was actually cringe-worthy such was the implausibility of his statements; like denying he knew that his paedophile brother was in Sinn Féin despite the fact he was running for the party officer board in Louth, one of the most important constituencies for SF and the place he is now TD for. Similarly he also denied that he knew Liam Adams was working in a youth centre in Beechmount in West Belfast; as if Gerry Adams' brother would go unnoticed ten minutes from SF's head office in an area where the Provos know everybody and everything.

This is why I would believe this lady in this particular instance. I see no reason for her to target him with a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Do you trust Mr Adams?

The Gardaí, RUC, British Army MI5 etc were all trying like crazy to prove he was a member of the IRA, and not one could produce any evidence which would stand up in court.

Everyone on the planet thinking he was in the IRA doesn't prove him a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Henlars67 wrote: »
    The Gardaí, RUC, British Army MI5 etc were all trying like crazy to prove he was a member of the IRA, and not one could produce any evidence which would stand up in court.

Everyone on the planet thinking he was in the IRA doesn't prove him a liar.

Spot on. It was never publically proven he was in the IRA, but you'd be a fool to believe that he wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

FTA69 wrote: »
    Spot on. It was never publically proven he was in the IRA, but you'd be a fool to believe that he wasn't.

I really couldn't care less whether he was or wasn't, and consider it to be irrelevant.

However, a lot of people seem to think that all republicans of a certain age were all members of the IRA, however several stayed entirely on the political side of the struggle; Current TD's O' Caoláin and Colreavy being examples.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement