Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

davyjose wrote: »
    No, but maybe the knee injury that clearly slowed him down last season. If you're telling me RG3 was 100% going into last season, I have to disagree.

What has that got to do with RGIII going forward? He wasnt injured last year and lasted the entire year before being benched by the head coach. He will clearly be 100% coming into this year having had a longer rest period. RGIII will be leading the Redskins for a long time to come and he'll have Jackson there to put up monstrous numbers next season.

All in all very happy with the addition of Jackson, Philly's loss is our gain in the talent department. A tandem of Garcon and Jackson is probably the best duo in the league and having Morris in the backfield .. yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Week 1: vs. New England (TBA)
    Mon 18 Aug: vs. Cleveland (8pm)
    Week 3: @ Baltimore (TBA)
    Thu 28 Aug: @ Tampa Bay (TNA)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

NFL Experts talk NFC East

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340515/article/roster-reset-nfc-east

Wouldn't be that high on the Giants at all personally. I think we've good reason to be excited a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Morrison J wrote: »
    NFL Experts talk NFC East

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340515/article/roster-reset-nfc-east

Wouldn't be that high on the Giants at all personally. I think we've good reason to be excited a bit again.

Alot of fluff articles being pumped out right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Only just come to terms with the fact Jackson has gone to another NFC east team congrats to ye he's going to do wonders for yere run game

• Advertisement

Bit of a sickener having no 1st round pick.

One of my ideal situations with a bit of luck is:

2nd round: Morgan Moses OT
    3rd round: Chris Borland ILB
    4th Round: Ed Reynolds FS

Absolutely essential we improve the offensive line so if Moses was to fall to us at 34 I'd be all over it personally. Really like Chris Borland as a Fletcher replacement also.

I'm all for trading Cousins if it comes to it also. So much depth in this draft class.

To be honest, because of them not having a first round pick, I haven't been following the draft build up this year (not that I'd be an in depth follower anyway) so I haven't got a clue about who they should be going after. i know the positional needs but I wouldn't know where to start with who they should draft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Racist pats fans?

An episode of A Football Life on NFL Network this season is to be about Sean Taylor. Apparently due to broadcast on 26 September. Looking forward to seeing that.

• Advertisement

An episode of A Football Life on NFL Network this season is to be about Sean Taylor. Apparently due to broadcast on 26 September. Looking forward to seeing that.

Really looking forward to that. Could prove a tough watch at times I think.

Having watched RGIII last night, I think the 'how long before he gets killed' question is probably valid again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How did that game go, i didnt see it, any stand out performances?

Nothing really to get excited about. Very sloppy game, even when the first teams were in. Too many penalties, 4 turnovers etc. Griffin still looking like he has a long way to go before becoming the QB we want him to be and I have my doubts as to whether he ever will.

Nothing really to get excited about. Very sloppy game, even when the first teams were in. Too many penalties, 4 turnovers etc. Griffin still looking like he has a long way to go before becoming the QB we want him to be and I have my doubts as to whether he ever will.

Last nights's game didn't fill me with too much confidence for Houston. Griffin was awful. It's kind of a lose-lose situation. He isn't good enough to be a pocket passer and he'll be killed if he starts running.

Joe Theisman said last night that Cousins has outplayed him and is the better option but that's never gonna happen and Cousins is usually in against scrubs so it's not comparing like with like.

Griffin is obviously still suffering with his knee then, because i thought running with ball in hand is his main strength, i agree with the pocket passing, its like he doesnt have speed of thought to be able for that

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Griffin is obviously still suffering with his knee then, because i thought running with ball in hand is his main strength, i agree with the pocket passing, its like he doesnt have speed of thought to be able for that

I think physically he's fine but it's that they don't want him to run or aren't letting him run. He just looks lost in the pocket. 2 weeks left. I can't see him being fixed before then.

Don't think I've been this excited for our opening game in a long time.

Absolutely crucial RG3 gets into a rhythm early on. Give him some simple screen passes, short slants etc and hope his confidence builds.

Right now I have no idea how our season will pan out but reckon by the end of the 1st quarter I'll have a good idea. So many question marks that need answering.

Can't wait.

Excited but also very apprehensive about the start of the season.

Surely RGIII can't be as bad as he was in pre-season? God help us if he is. 3-13 here we come again!

Baccari Rambo at safety also scares me although recent reports have said he's been improving.

We really do live and die by RG3 though. I've just got a feeling we'll see a different RG3 tomorrow night. One that'll make plays. He just has to trust his receivers more and let that ball go.

Will be interesting to see how much time Hatcher gets on the field and if Ryan Grant has beaten Santana Moss out to the #4 WR position.

Its going to be one of those low scoring close games I think. Hopefully we come out the right side of it.

• Advertisement

And we're off:D
    edit: extra point is blocked

And that right there is why I said Bacarri Rambo scares me. Angles all off.

Fcuking suicidal stuff going on here:mad:

So same story with special teams then

Apart from the 2 red zone fumbles, the blocked punt and blocked extra point, it hasn't been too bad.

I joke of course, it's going to be a long season.

The one positive is that we won't have to see JJ Watt again. Man, that guy is unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That was better than last year, right? I mean, it wasn't good or anything... but at least parts of the offence actually looked like they were playing football at times.

;_;

Raphael wrote: »
    That was better than last year, right? I mean, it wasn't good or anything... but at least parts of the offence actually looked like they were playing football at times.

;_;

It was slightly better than the pre season anyway. Griffin wasn't good but he wasn't awful either. Defence was alright.

I'm still not optimistic about the rest of the season but I might step back from the ledge for a bit, at least until after the Jaguars game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Can't expect much when your running for you life...

That O-Line is rubbish bar Williams.

• Advertisement

I thought Kory Lich had a good game..

A must win game in week 2. Not ideal but thats the reality of the situation.

We have to run the ball 20 times minumim imo.

Advertisement