Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also, I've created a specific Thread in the Clan for anyone Playing on PS4 to organise co-op:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Post/118535/69117172

If anyone is on PS4 tonight (7pm - 11pm) and around Level 14+, let me know, I'll be doing the Moon Strike, All the Venus Missions (with Golden Chests) and the Moon Strike. all on HARD (so hence level 14+ so we'll be overleveled, but Hard + Enemy Balancing makes it a more rewarding challenge).

GenericDreadHead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I just got my special for the hunter subclass 'bladedancer' and man is it awesome, turned into a ninja and flung myself around the room killing about 8-9 fallen in a process of about 5 seconds, also can take down yellow mobs so quick. I'm going to enjoy leveling this class!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Gandalph wrote: »
    I just got my special for the hunter subclass 'bladedancer' and man is it awesome, turned into a ninja and flung myself around the room killing about 8-9 fallen in a process of about 5 seconds, also can take down yellow mobs so quick. I'm going to enjoy leveling this class!

How did you unlock that class?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

How did you unlock that class?

Second sub class unlocks at level 15

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Second sub class unlocks at level 15

Sound, thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Anyone figured out what the hell the bottom right item slot is for (Bonds on Warlocks)? Is it just for show?
    http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Bond

Also is Upgrading your jumpship gonna do anything, or is it just for show/customisation?
    http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Jumpship

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone figured out what the hell the bottom right item slot is for (Bonds on Warlocks)? Is it just for show?
    http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Bond

Also is Upgrading your jumpship gonna do anything, or is it just for show/customisation?

1. It just for decoration. It changes your sash or cloak depending on your class.

2. Again this appears to just be for show. You get a free ship for
    beating the gatekeeper
    on Venus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just aesthetics

Finished the story missions there,
    o.k. story poorly told imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Just aesthetics

but it look so cool :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is Old Russia and the Moon the only areas in the game?

Just had a review pop up on my Google now homepage. To say it's very harsh would be an understatement. Now the source of the review wouldn't be well known over here but it's a hard hitting review all the same...
    See what you guys make of it.Stuff
    http://i.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/61178365/review-destiny-ps4

Benzino wrote: »
    Is Old Russia and the Moon the only areas in the game?

Nope, there's a 3rd Area ;)

Unrelate note but Does anyone have any idea how I would go about getting this? It says it won't ship to Ireland :(
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Limited-Edition-Wireless-Headset-4/dp/B00KVP3OY8/ref=pd_sim_vg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WKZQ99GFN0456K0BKPM
    Does anyone use Amazon.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Unrelate note but Does anyone have any idea how I would go about getting this? It says it won't ship to Ireland :(
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Limited-Edition-Wireless-Headset-4/dp/B00KVP3OY8/ref=pd_sim_vg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WKZQ99GFN0456K0BKPM
    Does anyone use Amazon.com?

wait so theres only three planets we can visit? i thought this was meant to be a massive universe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Still disappointing, they will get boring fast.

Thanks for keeping it spoiler free :D Though I've no idea what is going on anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

From what iv read a lot of people seem to be disappointed with destiny. Has reaching level 20 changed things at all, just curious after hearing the media hype about the game begins when you hit 20. Iv only got to play an hour or so as of yet so not in much position to base these things on. Also is it safe to say(in a simplified way) that this game is boring on your own and fun with friends?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think there was ever any suggestion of leaving the solar system. Judging by where some of the PvP maps are set we'll see other areas in the DLC.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think there was ever any suggestion of leaving the solar system. Judging by where some of the PvP maps are set we'll see other areas in the DLC.

no but i did thinkyou could visit more than 3 planets/moons in the whole damn thing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

no but i did thinkyou could visit more than 3 planets/moons in the whole damn thing

I'm most of the way through the story. So far there's three planets, plus the moon. So 4 areas total.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So yeah pre ordering the van guard edition on psn which cost me a hundred quid isn't looking like the smartest choice I've ever made. No bringing it back😭.

Now when's The Division out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bit disappointing in that regard alright

Bit disappointing in that regard alright

tbh this whole game has been disappointing to me, and i didnt even follow/get hyped until i saw the ps4 bundle 3 weeks ago, was expecting a lot more from bungie

wait so theres only three planets we can visit? i thought this was meant to be a massive universe :confused:

nah nah nah, there's another one called "The Reef" epic map imo

Well at least I'm having fun playing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Unusually quick judgements on a game where there is most things not even touched.

I'm talking about the strike missions and raiding along with PvP.

As a long time MMO player I'd always rate a game like this based on mzx level content . obviously levelling process is somewhat important but I think its worth setting expectations as to what you expected going into this.I don't think it was going to knock blocks off through the levelling process.

For me...end game content is where I'll be judging this.

TheDoc wrote: »
    For me...end game content is where I'll be judging this.

Mise fresin

the thing is its not an mmo, its more like borderlands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

the thing is its not an mmo, its more like borderlands

The Giantbomb guys equated it more to Diablo than Borderlands, and I'd agree with them (besides the FPS aspect obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've still got hopes for it, but the missions are dull and repetitive for most people. There's no changing what has already been.

• Advertisement

I've encountered hundreds of people while I'm exploring or doing missions, sometimes competing for kills, and not to mention interacting with the masses in the Tower and joining randoms in strikes to experience the full extent of the game. This ticks off most boxes on the mmo category for me but I suppose it depends on what your definition is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement