Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Yes I think you are right. And obviously everyone wants 'good' seats so unsure what i'm hoping for really! Suppose I should be just glad I'm going at all! (remember last year I would have taken anything for the all Ireland!!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

Where's the best place to get tickets where I can select the seats? Have checked ticketmaster and tickets.ie but they're not great seats. I'm looking for 2 tickets for either Hogan or Cusack. Thanks.
    I got 2 for Uppr Hogan Row A near the middle today on ticket.ie- I think thats a great spot myself.

W ticket.ie you can keep tryin til you get seats you like if you cant make it to ticket office-can you select seats in Centra/supervalu?

No you can't select tickets in SuperValu. Had checked tickets.ie lots earlier and upper wasn't open so will have a look now :-) Thank you

Upper still not option for me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

No you can't select tickets in SuperValu. Had checked tickets.ie lots earlier and upper wasn't open so will have a look now :-) Thank you

Upper still not option for me :-(

Hope you get sorted. There were lwr hogan earlier but they were right down at davin corner. At least they werent too far forward. Yeah some people dont like upr deck but i q like it, particularly when near fromt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I think Limerick is a good choice of venue for the Mayo v Kerry replay.

Often we hear about games only being played in a half empty CP.

Limerick is handy for both sets of fans and will be more or less full which will give a great atmosphere.
    Remember replay crowds are always less than the first game

Mayo have an objection in on the venue by the way, wanting it a week later in CP, but I think it will be thrown out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I think Limerick is a good choice of venue for the Mayo v Kerry replay.

Often we hear about games only being played in a half empty CP.

Limerick is handy for both sets of fans and will be more or less full which will give a great atmosphere.
    Remember replay crowds are always less than the first game

Mayo have an objection in on the venue by the way, wanting it a week later in CP, but I think it will be thrown out.

Have to admit its a venue I don't know very well - what's the capacity?
    How far is for Mayo fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Have to admit its a venue I don't know very well - what's the capacity?
    How far is for Mayo fans?
    According to Wikipedia 49k+, which sounds about right

It has covered stand one side, uncovered seats the other and two good terraces.
    Got a makeover on the early 2000s.
    The uncovered seats were done then as were the terraces I believe

Its about two hours from Castlebar. Last stretch is motorway.

Its a great venue for a game that would bring the type of crowds that would be going to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Think Gaelic Grounds holds 49k? Unless its capacity was reduced recently???

Is Limerick really a fair choice considering Mayo have hardly played in it?

Edited to add, no Hawkeye in Limerick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outside of Croke Pk, is there another venue that would suit though? I dont think so.

I think the GAA have given valid reasons for why it cannot be in Croke Park.

If that American football match was in the Aviva next week, then you would undoubtedly have people asking the GAA couldnt get it in Croke Park!

• Advertisement

Outside of Croke Pk, is there another venue that would suit though? I dont think so.

I think the GAA have given valid reasons for why it cannot be in Croke Park.

If that American football match was in the Aviva next week, then you would undoubtedly have people asking the GAA couldnt get it in Croke Park!

Probably no other suitable venue, no. But at this stage of the championship, I think it's unfair to Mayo.

As stated on the Sunday Game, the American football thing shouldn't have been scheduled in the midst of the busiest time in the Football and Hurling championships, in case of replays, which feature yearly.

Probably no other suitable venue, no. But at this stage of the championship, I think it's unfair to Mayo.

As stated on the Sunday Game, the American football thing shouldn't have been scheduled in the midst of the busiest time in the Football and Hurling championships, in case of replays, which feature yearly.

No, it shouldnt....but we are in this situation now and it cannot change so I see little point in complaining about it.

No, it shouldnt....but we are in this situation now and it cannot change so I see little point in complaining about it.

Right! End of discussion so! :rolleyes:

Right! End of discussion so! :rolleyes:

Well I was alluding to Mayo's statement that they are disappointed that the GAA did not fix it for a "more neutral venue". That suggests the GAA are out to get them. But I do not see that. Croke Park is not available. It should be available but its not. I could understand a statement like that if there was another alternative venue outthere but there isnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 red_eskimo

wrote:

This is the only time of year the College game can be played. What the GAA should have done is at the beginning of the year when they were planning out the fixtures given themselves a spare week in case something like this happened. Worst case scenario, the finalists have an extra week to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

red_eskimo wrote: »
    This is the only time of year the College game can be played. What the GAA should have done is at the beginning of the year when they were planning out the fixtures given themselves a spare week in case something like this happened. Worst case scenario, the finalists have an extra week to prepare.

Agree that was the most logical thing to do. What difference does a week make between the normal 3rd and 4th Sunday of September. Pure shambles from the GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Hawkeye issue is a big one actually. For example, Andy moran's point today probably wouldn't have been given only for it.

Not saying it's only Mayo affected by having it in Limerick. If the 2 teams agreed, would they move it out to the 6th? Either team would only have 2 weeks to prepare for a final; I wonder would they be staunchly against that?

Also, how set in stone is the 21st for the final? Could it be pushed out a week? Given that none of the teams in it have been decided yet, fan disruption should be at a minimum? Any reason I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

It'll be great in limerick. Hopefully each county get their respective 'end' behind each goal to add to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Will it be shown on TV. Presume it will. Can't make to Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

All the Mayo fans living in Dublin are kicking up a storm about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Really enjoyed yesterdays match. Renewed my faith in football cause lets face it, its been a poor championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Al Monds

Here is a selection of attendances at Munster Senior Hurling championship matches.
    I reckon last year's match (42730) was close to capacity

29/07/1951 Tipperary 2 11 Cork 2 09 42337
    13/07/1952 Tipperary 2 06 Cork 1 11 43236
    26/07/1953 Cork 3 10 Tipperary 1 11 46265
    18/07/1954 Cork 2 08 Tipperary 1 08 50071
    30/06/1957 Cork 5 02 Tipperary 1 11 40847
    22/06/1958 Tipperary 2 06 Cork 2 04 45064
    30/07/1961 Tipperary 3 06 Cork 07 60177
    26/07/1964 Tipperary 3 13 Cork 1 05 44245
    27/07/1969 Tipperary 09 Cork 4 06 43509
    17/07/1988 Cork 1 13 Tipperary 1 19 50000
    04/07/1993 Clare 2 12 Tipperary 3 27 41557
    16/06/1996 Limerick 1 13 Clare 15 43534
    07/07/1996 Limerick 19 Tipperary 1 16 43525
    14/07/2013 Limerick 24 Cork 15 42730

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

nice_guy80 wrote: »

I'm a Mayo fan living in Dublin and while I'd prefer it to be in Croke park (mainly for the bigger pitch that would suit our style) I'm happy enough with a trip down to Limerick. Sure aren't we used to travelling west to see them play anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

red_eskimo wrote: »
    This is the only time of year the College game can be played.

Tough Sh*t then, don't arrange any American football game at all!

Are all the tickets for the stands gone?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

all gone on tickets.ie anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

nice_guy80 wrote: »

You're incorrect on that,many fans resident in Mayo are unhappy re the venue but at this stage accepting of the fact that it's set in stone and an unneccesary distraction from the task at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Are the Sunday Game live games still shown on the RTE player?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

ask John Prenty where they went.
    they were reserved for the Mayo supporters association.

Advertisement