Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Their defence is only shaky cause it's new though, like tonight you had Evans playing - I can't remember the last time I saw him playing a competitive game. Keane is only a young lad and I never heard of Vermijl before, throwing them together and into a system they probably don't know is never going to end well.

In front of them you had Anderson - he probably won't see much action this season, and may have been given a game in hope someone will come in to buy him.

Van Gaal should have played the same back 3/4 tonight as he plans to on Saturday along with DDG to gain stability. I'm not overly confident of having Jones in my team, but I think it's only a matter of games before they come good, 2 promoted teams might be what they need to get some confidence.

I fully realise that it was a mainly second string 11, but I just think getting a beaten 4-0 by a league one team has to be really bad for general morale around the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I fully realise that it was a mainly second string 11, but I just think getting a beaten 4-0 by a league one team has to be really bad for general morale around the club.

Edin Dzeko had a good laugh about it on Twitter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Ox, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis
    #Arsenal subs: Martinez, Chambers, Coquelin, Rosicky, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo #AFCvBES

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Ox, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis
    #Arsenal subs: Martinez, Chambers, Coquelin, Rosicky, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo #AFCvBES

Nice rest for Callum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#scfc Starting XI vs Portsmouth: Butland; Wilkinson, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Cameron, Adam; Odemwingie, Walters, Moses; Crouch

Cameron in midfield?

#AVFC (v @LeytonOrientFC): Given, Baker, Bacuna, Cole, Senderos, Westwood, Richardson, Bent, Hutton, Sanchez, Grealish.

SAFC: Pantilimon, Jones, Brown, O’Shea (c), Vergini, Johnson, Larsson, Bridcutt, Gomez, Wickham, Altidore.

TEAM NEWS: #QPR XI; Murphy, Simpson, Hill, Phillips, SWP, Onuoha, Faurlin, Henry, Dunne, Hoilett, Taarabt #BURvQPR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Prays Alexis does nothing and Kos picks up an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looks like Chambers' run of starts is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »

Excellent, another bandwagon derailed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I predict Sanchez to be the match winner tonight and a bandwagon to begin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lemlin wrote: »

He got one more than I thought he would get in fairness. It was the ultimate short term band wagon.

• Advertisement

But being on the bench would surely make him likely to play at the weekend in the EPL no?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

8-10 wrote: »
    But being on the bench would surely make him likely to play at the weekend in the EPL no?

Not with that line up IMO. It's pretty much the strongest possible team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Don't know why everyone is saying Chambers was a band wagon. He's a 4.5m defender in a top 4 side who had 16 or so clean sheets last year and was guaranteed a minimum of 1 start at home to a bad team with no manager. If Kosc/Mert pick up an injury then even better for those that have him. A short-term option for sure but not a bandwagon, I don't think anyone expected him to keep his place in the team.

We'll see. I expect him to play RB this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

We'll see. I expect him to play RB this weekend.

Unless Debuchy is injured, there is little chance of that happening. Winger isn't resting Debuchy before an international break.

Arsenal are playing champions league tonight! This match is absolutely massive for them.

Arsenal are playing champions league tonight! This match is absolutely massive for them.

Fair enough. I cling to hope

Sanchez opens his account. Wilshire assist

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sanchez goal, Wilshere assist.

jebforever wrote: »
    Sanchez goal, Wilshere assist.

2quick4u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Having just sold him I'm glad to see the inevitable goal has come in Europe.

In fairness he's been pretty pants as a lone striker again tonight otherwise.

Sanchez opens his Arsenal account, right place at the right time, he hasn't been terribly impressive up front either tonight and the finish was quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Fair enough. I cling to hope

I've a bag of straws I could sell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Wilshire gets an assist from what looked like a complete fumble and a poor enough finish from sanchez to boot.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I've a bag of straws I could sell you?

Chambers not starting will be the last one

jive wrote: »
    2quick4u

Have you met finnharpsboy?? He'd have had it up before the ball reached the net:pac:

Sanchez isn't selfish enough for our benefit.
    And Ozil is beginning to look like a very ordinary player these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Debuchy sent off, Arsenal up against it now.

Wenger is going to be very cross with Debuchy, 8-10 could be right about the RB this weekend:o

• Advertisement

Wenger is going to be very cross with Debuchy, 8-10 could be right about the RB this weekend:o

Chambers booked already!

Advertisement