Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

83 for a nett 70 in Fota this morning, first time playing it, fantastic track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

34 points around Limerick GC this morning off new 18 handicap. Played ok a bit sloppy on the greens. First-time playing it left a good impression, in top Nick tricky greens though. Couple of pars, no scratches was the best thing I took from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

36 points yesterday off the new 16 handicap with two scratches over which I won't beat myself up too badly. The first one was on the 1st where I tried to get over that tree after a pulled drive and the bloody ball actually stayed up in the tree. The second scratch I caught too much of the ball in the bunker and failed to get up and down after and I haven't a shot on that hole anymore. Which then made me chase for a birdie on the last three holes of which I normally would have parred two but now bogeyed all three, cos I forced it too much. All good, I can actually go a few shots lower than 16 I think.

34 points around Limerick GC this morning off new 18 handicap. Played ok a bit sloppy on the greens. First-time playing it left a good impression, in top Nick tricky greens though. Couple of pars, no scratches was the best thing I took from it.

New handicap, unknown golf course and no scratches with 34 is pretty cool off 18. Especially with that username ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

:)
    Boskowski wrote: »
    New handicap, unknown golf course and no scratches with 34 is pretty cool off 18. Especially with that username ;)

Ha you ain't seen me play! Changed driver about a month ago, R9 set up with max draw, 76% fairways my last 3 competitions. Averaging 220 which isn't any way spectacular but what a joy to have a shot to the green, or better still, a ball :-)

• Advertisement

:)

Ha you ain't seen me play! Changed driver about a month ago, R9 set up with max draw, 76% fairways my last 3 competitions. Averaging 220 which isn't any way spectacular but what a joy to have a shot to the green, or better still, a ball :-)

I could have had your username for years. It can be gotten rid of I swear. I thought I was beyond curable and close to packing it in altogether. I'm now playing a driver thats set up for a touch of fade and my shot is straight or slight bit of draw. Only took me the best part of two years. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

32 Points off 21HC in the Black Bush Open today off the Blue Tees

19 on the front 9 and 13 on the back

I had 30 points by the 15th and doubled the last 2 and scratched the 18th. Its was just purely tiredness and it got me in trouble off the tee.

Driving was great all day and hadn't found trouble until then.

Next time ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

43 off 18 in Dundalk Golf Club today

2 Birdies
    8 Pars
    5 Bogeys
    1 Double Bogey
    2 Scratches

Best round of my life and will be cut to below 18 (Society Hcap btw) for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Tralee in amam 34 myself. 2 scratches but boy the quickest greens i ever saw.

Tralee in amam 34 myself. 2 scratches but boy the quickest greens i ever saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Made it to the county finals of the Irish open match play.
    We ve gone over 40 holes now and not lost a hole
    6 and 4 win today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

37pts at home off 13. Drove well. Irons not good. Two scratches. Very happy overall.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/221-24428854-24429087

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played prov towns first leg of final at home and won on 12 played well

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Ciaranra wrote: »

Wow, great golf, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

41 pts off 5 in Blackbush yesterday. Outside the prizes...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Ciaranra wrote: »

Well done ! Had to go to 13th played solid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

35 points off 15 in Grange Castle yesterday, gutted with that as another cut was there for the taking.

Had 27 points (5 over) after 11 holes but then I got tired :) very tired ;)

Talked myself out of going for the Par 5 12th in two and hit a horrible lay up instead.
    Wheels came off after that when they shouldn't have.
    I had ambitions of breaking 80 (before & during the round) and I let that get to me... when really I should have just been aiming and happy with another cut.

Played like an idiot for 12,13,14.

Tiredness disappeared on 15 when I had a birdie putt, but a 3 putt meant that I was half asleep walking off the green.

(;) just joking re the fatigue thread)

Made a balls of it out there, too ambitious with my target, lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Tough round playing casual in Luttrelstown earlier. 29 points off 9.

18 out and was playing solid. Putting and short deserted me completely and had 6 three putts for a total of 40 putts.

I love playing there though and it's in superb nick.

Gonna get out for 9 across the road from work tomorrow in Grange Castle to get this unclean off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

32 points in Killeen. Turned with 19. Really nailed the driver on the back 9. 2 points for my last 3 holes. Played my second shot "safe" on 18 and put it into the hazard and finished with a scratch. Kinda sums up my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

36 points off 7
    2 x 3 putts from 20ft
    missed lots of 5 to 10 footers.
    Hit driver very well but got lucky with some of my miss hit irons.
    Chipping and pitching is improving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Strokeplay today- not a bad day at the office- 83 strokes off 12 for 71 nett.

1 birdie
    8 pars
    6 bogies
    3 doubles

Frustrating in that CSS was 71 as well, so just missed another cut.

Left quite a few behind me today, should have been much better. On the par 5 7th hole, I three putted from about 6 feet after a great approach gave what looked like a makable birdie chance and walked off with a bogey. Then on the 13th hit a long uphill birdie putt way too hard and the return putt was poor and again walked off with bogey. Then there were the three doubles, all cringeworthy in their own ways. Enough said.

On the good side, most of my iron play, chipping and putting are coming together nicely. Just a bit dodgy off the tee, something I'm going to work on with my pro this week. Also getting birdies on a regular basis now, the last 5 or 6 rounds have had at least 1. Really important to counteract the odd bad hole! Although it was strokes today, it would have been the first time in ages that I had no scratches. All in all happy in that I know I can go much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

30 points off 11 today.the rustiness was very evident, especially with the touch around the greens. Just dodged the heavy downpours

Putting was reasonably solid, lagged very well but not many putts dropped.

One birdie means I'll get a share of the 2s pot being the only real highlight.

Given my standard of play it was an ok score. Need to get some more time in on my game to get in tune for the trip to roscrea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

34 points off 13,
    Just can't get my rounds going, but blanked the first after a having a horrible lie and trying to be a hero, so kind of glad I'm not getting one back.

Open comp in Sandy Hills Rossapenna tomorrow, so onwards and upwards!! I hope

Day 2 of amam between tralee and ballybunion. In ballybunion today and only 25 points. 16 out and 9 back in what was the wildest wind i have ever played in. Hit driver to 2 par 3's. Couldn't stay focused or balanced in gusts. Prefer tralee to ballybunion tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

41 pts off 5 in Blackbush yesterday. Outside the prizes...

Great shooting, goes to show the importance of a gross prize to reward the good golf.

Was in Limerick for the weekend so played Adare Manor for the first time yesterday in showery and blustery conditions. Open singles shooting 37 pts of 7 just beating CSS of 36 for a small cut to keep me at 7 as another 0.1 would have seen me back up at 8. Could have been very good as pushed a ball OB on the 2nd, shanked an iron resulting in a double bogey 0 pointer in the middle and missed two small 3 foot putts one of which was a 3 putt on the last. No idea of winning scores as don't see a results section on their website but 41pts was possible and could have been in with a shout.

Lovely course and the setting is idyllic and seriously impressive with the old abbey and graveyard. Fairways were a bit patchy but greens were good if a tad slow after all the rain but what a lovely mix of short and longish holes with some tough par 3s. Will definitely return and need to try get out on the big Adare course sometime soon also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Day 2 of amam between tralee and ballybunion. In ballybunion today and only 25 points. 16 out and 9 back in what was the wildest wind i have ever played in. Hit driver to 2 par 3's. Couldn't stay focused or balanced in gusts. Prefer tralee to ballybunion tbh.

Played it the other way round and Tralee wasnt any better wind wise, at least the rain kept off. Went from drive and 50yd pitch on 4th to a drive, rescue and pitch on 5th, 2 holes similar length in opposite directions!

Like you prefer Tralee, those last 9holes must be my favourite 9 hole stretch in golf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Shot 38 points off 9, cut .4 so back to 8.2...That will ensure I will at least double the number of rounds I have ever played off 8!

12 Pars
    5 Bogeys
    1 Double

Very happy, sank putts to keep momentum going, missed some good chances for birdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Shot 3 over (75) there in Mount Juliet this morning off whites. Hit the ball so good, had a few bogeys on the easiest holes which was annoying but typical me ha. Irons were on point.
    Nearly slam dunked my approach on 1, clattered the flag and went on 10ft (missed the putt of course ha)
    Made a few nice birdies and played the par 5s in -2 under. Course in great nick. Greens as good as ive seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

78, 75 & 78 in the Grange over the weekend. Not great to be honest with some very sub standard putting and a total of six over on the 10th Hole over the three rounds. Have to say that I love playing the Grange even though it doesn't suit my game. Being a left hander who hits a draw, there are a number of holes that require a fade which I am struggling to hit at the moment.

Putting a real issue now at this stage and has been for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

scrubber72 wrote: »

We got tralee on day 2 as well, great course but wind was very severe. Found that many of the greens were quite exposed and the ball was oscillating on them as a result. My ball actually moved 2 ft on the index 1 12th, so conditions borderline unplayable tbh. A shame because ballybunion on saturday was just idyllic! Great event whatever the weather, hope to be back many times in the future.

Advertisement