Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is Dzeko gametime a concern to you? The better Jovetic plays in pre season the more concerned I am, had him in originally but starting to doubt him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FHFC wrote: »
    For value the Sunderland Newcastle combo above is hard to beat. I'd probably go with Van Aarnholt (sp?) from Sunderland. Also keep and eye on Dummet(4m) at Newcastle as he could yet start at FB and if so may have some FKs.

Stoke/Swansea is great for fixtures, but at 10m a bit pricey for defence scroogea like myself. A yellow pack option could also be Chester (Hull) and Barnsley (several options at 4.5 and possibly Duff at 4.0).

It may work out to have Hull, Barnsley, Newcastle and Sunderland starters for 17m....but I'm a hopeless optimist! :)

Barnsley?

Also, love the term yellow pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

8-10 wrote: »
    Barnsley?

Also, love the term yellow pack!

Would have in a home rotation with a solid team at home like Hull for sure. Especially if there was a 4m starter.

Showing my age with the yellow pack thing. Lot of posters probably not gonna have a clue there. :)

Edit
    Oh crap. Just seeing my typo now. Oops. Ninja edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dahat wrote: »
    Is Dzeko gametime a concern to you? The better Jovetic plays in pre season the more concerned I am, had him in originally but starting to doubt him now.

I think he's nailed on tbh. Had him at the start of last season too and that worked out alright, got a few goals and assists in his opening games. He finished last season strongly remember, with 5 goals in City's last 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    I think he's nailed on tbh. Had him at the start of last season too and that worked out alright, got a few goals and assists in his opening games. He finished last season strongly remember, with 5 goals in City's last 4 games.

He did indeed,I was in the Dzeko camp early last season also but it wasn't as rosy as I expected from what I can remember.
    Alot will depend on Aguero as I think Jovetic will play Aguero type role rather than the No. 9 position.
    If Aguero is fit early I can see problems for Dzeko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Agree he'll almost certainly start GW1. Would you not think though that Jovetic is now also going to get game time, therefore its 3 into 2 and Aguero is the big dog (unless he gets injured again). I'd be concerned Dzeko's liable to be subbed on 59mins the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    He did indeed,I was in the Dzeko camp early last season also but it wasn't as rosy as I expected from what I can remember.
    Alot will depend on Aguero as I think Jovetic will play Aguero type role rather than the No. 9 position.
    If Aguero is fit early I can see problems for Dzeko.

Dzeko got an assist in the first game (not great considering City won 4-0), then a goal in the second. In the third he was hauled off at half time with one point and he didn't feature in either the fourth or fifth games. Pellegrini left him on the bench. Not sure when he got back into the team.

I had him, RVP and Soldado and dumped him after that third game.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Dzeko got an assist in the first game (not great considering City won 4-0), then a goal in the second. In the third he was hauled off at half time with one point and he didn't feature in either the fourth or fifth games. Pellegrini left him on the bench. Not sure when he got back into the team.

It wasn't a fantastic start but he was scoring either side in International and cup/CL games. Probably why he was rested in GW4.

GW1: Assist
    GW2: Goal
    GW3: subbed off at half-time
    GW4: Unused sub
    Champions League: Goal
    GW5: Played 74mins
    Carling Cup: Goal
    GW6: Goal

4 goals and 1 assist in 6.5 games isn't a bad return. I can't remember how long I had him though, possibly dumped in Wildcard after GW2. I think he's worth the risk at that price. His returns over the last few seasons are ridiculous despite never playing 2,000 minutes in a season.

It wasn't a fantastic start but he was scoring either side in International and cup/CL games. Probably why he was rested in GW4.

GW1: Assist
    GW2: Goal
    GW3: subbed off at half-time
    GW4: Unused sub
    Champions League: Goal
    GW5: Played 74mins
    Carling Cup: Goal
    GW6: Goal

4 goals and 1 assist in 6.5 games isn't a bad return. I can't remember how long I had him though, possibly dumped in Wildcard after GW2. I think he's worth the risk at that price. His returns over the last few seasons are ridiculous despite never playing 2,000 minutes in a season.

I couldn't care if he broke the goals scored record in a single match in a CL or international game tbh. Those stats are not relevant to this game. That's clutching at straws of the highest order on your part.

He got a goal and assist in GW1 and 2, subbed off with one point in GW3, didn't feature in GW4 and then came on after 75 minutes in GW5. He didn't play 75 minutes. GW6 he scored alright but who would have kept him until then?

GW7, GW8 and GW9 he was back on the bench and didn't even get a minute. He was dropped in GW4 IMO, not "rested". If City were resting him, he would have started GW5 which he didn't.

I don't care to go any further because I think I've illustrated my point.

Two goals and an assist in nine GWs is about as poor a start as you can expect from a striker at a top four club. He certainly didn't get "a few goals and assists in his opening games".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Opinions please

DeGea (Myhill)

Debuchy Luis Wisdom (Targett, Dummett)

Silva Sanchez Hazard Mata (Albrighton)

RVP Jelavic Bojan

DeGea: open fixtures speak for themselves

Wanted arsenal and Chelsea cover in defence, Luis is new but should play after been very consistent for AM last season. Not sure of my 4m defenders and taking a punt in wisdom.

Midfield is strong IMO. Albrighton as back or can play instead of bojan if he doesn't start straight away.

Jelavic is in due to hulls run of fixtures in there opening games.

RVP is RVP should be capt and hopefully will be on the pens and share the free kicks with mata and possiably Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I couldn't care if he broke the goals scored record in a single match in a CL or international game tbh. Those stats are not relevant to this game. That's clutching at straws of the highest order on your part.

I think if Dzeko or anyone else for that matter broke the goals scored record in a single match in the Champions League or Internationals it might be kind of relevant. The record is 5 in the Champions league so 6+ more goals would pique interest for me anyway and indicate decent form :pac:

I think if Dzeko or anyone else for that matter broke the goals scored record in a single match in the Champions League or Internationals it might be kind of relevant. The record is 5 in the Champions league so 6+ more goals would pique interest for me anyway and indicate decent form :pac:

If it was against Real Madrid perhaps. If its against a Legia Warsaw or a Brondby on the other hand.....

Opinions please

DeGea (Myhill)

Debuchy Luis Wisdom (Targett, Dummett)

Silva Sanchez Hazard Mata (Albrighton)

RVP Jelavic Bojan

DeGea: open fixtures speak for themselves

Wanted arsenal and Chelsea cover in defence, Luis is new but should play after been very consistent for AM last season. Not sure of my 4m defenders and taking a punt in wisdom.

Midfield is strong IMO. Albrighton as back or can play instead of bojan if he doesn't start straight away.

Jelavic is in due to hulls run of fixtures in there opening games.

RVP is RVP should be capt and hopefully will be on the pens and share the free kicks with mata and possiably Rooney.

Three 4 mil defenders is too many. You need to guarantee 3 playing defenders every week and you can't.

I'd suggest Debuchy to Taylor and then Targget/Dummett to two 4.5 defenders like O'Shea/Coloccini/Simpson/Chester.

Not arsed getting into a debate on Dzeko this early in the game. I was referring to his non-PL goals to show he was on form. Anyway, think I only had him the first 2 or 3 games but remember him getting a few points for me, even if it was just 6 and 5 in the first two. Just realised Giroud is the same price, might have a punt on him? Still two weeks to go but the framework of my team is getting there. Defence is the main area to worry about, think I'm set on the rest. If Siggy doesn't nail down a spot it throws a spanner in the works...

Agreed! Dzeko's record is phenomenal, if only he nailed down a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Ok draft no 23

Mannone/kurl

Debuchy/oshea/luis(taggart/Moore)

Fabregas/de Jong/eriksen/mata (albrighton)

Rooney/costa/dzeko

What ye think??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ok draft no 23

Mannone/kurl

Debuchy/oshea/luis(taggart/Moore)

Fabregas/de Jong/eriksen/mata (albrighton)

Rooney/costa/dzeko

What ye think??

Massive overkill with two Sunderland defensive options. They're not a side that keep a huge amount of clean sheets in any case. If you're going to rotate between Krul and Mannone I think you should find a representative from another team instead of O'Shea. At £4.5m you could get someone like Mariappa or Taylor. Targett won't play either with Bertrand there.

Midfield looks good.

I'm a big fan of Rooney and Dzeko to start the season, but I would be unsure on Costa. Chelsea don't score a whole lot of goals (71 last year, compared to over 100 for Liverpool and Manchester City) and given Mourinho's style, I don't think that will change a whole lot despite their additions. Add to that he's a newcomer to the league and it might take him a while to settle in. Just my opinion though I may be completely wrong.

If you're intent on fielding a big strikeforce I think you might be better off trying to find the extra £1m from somewhere and going with Sturridge. Maybe downgrade Debuchy to a £4.5m and find defensive rotations alongside Luis to do so?

Not arsed getting into a debate on Dzeko this early in the game. I was referring to his non-PL goals to show he was on form. Anyway, think I only had him the first 2 or 3 games but remember him getting a few points for me, even if it was just 6 and 5 in the first two. Just realised Giroud is the same price, might have a punt on him? Still two weeks to go but the framework of my team is getting there. Defence is the main area to worry about, think I'm set on the rest. If Siggy doesn't nail down a spot it throws a spanner in the works...

Agreed! Dzeko's record is phenomenal, if only he nailed down a spot.

It's no good a player being on form in matches that aren't relevant to the game. Yes, it can be a decent indicator of how they may perform in the PL but they need to be playing in the PL and Dzeko wasn't doing that last season with 1 start between GW3 and GW10.

By the way, Mr P's point had nothing to do with Dzeko. I think its clear to see he was trying to diffuse the situation with humour in his usual Koffi Anan style.

Excellent post Pauly. It's why I'm not putting a huge amount of work into my initial draft.

Like last year, I may well have used my wildcard by seven on the evening of the first day.

Cheers man.

I was interested to look at 2012-2013 also, but I can't find nor accurately recall who the footballers that topped the league in points scoring that year were. I'm going to presume it was the likes of Van Persie, Rooney, Dempsey, Aguero, Ba, Adebayor, Aguero, Holt, Cisse, Balotelli, Dzeko, Silva, Valencia, Mata, Bale, Nani, Walcott, Sessegnon who all topped goal and/or assist charts and goalkeepers/defenders from teams such as City, Newcastle, Swansea, Tottenham, United, Arsenal, Sunderland and Everton that topped clean sheet tables that season.

I don't think we had a Rate My Team thread back then so as I said it is hard to be too accurate. However, from a quick scan of the forum at that time, players being discussed in initial drafts were the likes of Darren Bent, Sigurdsson, Graham, Kagawa, Pogrbrenyak, Hoilett, Walters and Pienaar were among those a lot started off with, none of whom did much. In fairness, players such as Michu and Hazard were being championed also, but the success rate seems to be quite similar to last year in that maybe 4 or 5 players that lots have in their teams at the beginning of the season proved to be top point scorers at the end.

This year will probably be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Hazard & Silva or Mata & Fabregas ?
    which combination will you choose to start the league .

Hazard and Mata...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

ePA0PGN.jpg?1?6791

Thoughts on my team?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

NN215 wrote: »

Mata & Fabregas (and the 1m to upgrade elsewhere), I'm more worried about Fab hitting the ground running than Hazard. Mata has better fixtures than Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

NN215 wrote: »

Anyone else read that in movie preview guys voice?
    http://youtu.be/Qvv8SMTyAgk

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Hazard and Mata...

Thanks for the feedback boss !
    8-10 wrote: »
    Mata & Fabregas (and the 1m to upgrade elsewhere), I'm more worried about Fab hitting the ground running than Hazard. Mata has better fixtures than Silva.

Yeah, was thinking about using that extra 1M to upgrade Krul to De Gea .
    Thanks for your feedback .
    PARlance wrote: »
    Anyone else read that in movie preview guys voice?
    http://youtu.be/Qvv8SMTyAgk

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Doris300 wrote: »
    ePA0PGN.jpg?1?6791

Thoughts on my team?

I'd have to question the inclusion of Odemwingie, would you consider Sigurdsson (SWA) who's 0.5 cheaper.

Not sure either about Cameron as a certain starter but open to correction there.

Also I think some Newcastle defenders represent better value than Ferdinand.

Doris300 wrote: »
    ePA0PGN.jpg?1?6791

Thoughts on my team?

I'd get Sigurdsson in for Odemwingie, who he will easily outscore IMO, and use the extra £0.5m to upgrade Cameron who likely won't start ahead of Bardsley. If you're set on a Stoke defender, Pieters or Huth are the £5m options.

It's a nice side otherwise for me, questions over Bruce as a starter aside. I'm sceptical of Costa due to Chelsea/Mourinho's lack of goals, but that's just my own personal opinion. If you could somehow squeeze Sturridge in there for him without doing too much damage to the overall balance it would be fantastic, but you can't have them all I guess! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My team below. Spending a whole 10m on Hazard is worrying me atm.
    Extremely cheap defence with one goalkeeper only. Heavy in the midfield, and conservative in the front.

Crouch is to be replaced by any 6m forward - "by who" is the question.

1m left in the bank which is my priority to bring the likes of RVP / Rooney / Costa / Sturridge / Yaya:D at some point.

Can't see Gerrard in any of the teams - is he too old now?

Sterling in for Hazard looks promising - always liked him and he has a lot of potential, few nice dribbles and runs last night against City.
    Is he guaranteed to start? Should be I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    My team below. Spending a whole 10m on Hazard is worrying me atm.
    Extremely cheap defence with one goalkeeper only. Heavy in the midfield, and conservative in the front.

Crouch is to be replaced by any 6m forward - "by who" is the question.

1m left in the bank which is my priority to bring the likes of RVP / Rooney / Costa / Sturridge / Yaya:D at some point.

Can't see Gerrard in any of the teams - is he too old now?

Sterling in for Hazard looks promising - always liked him and he has a lot of potential, few nice dribbles and runs last night against City.
    Is he guaranteed to start? Should be I guess...

Forgot to link the picture:o

316706.jpg

Lads, rate these two teams for me please. Which one would you prefer and why? I'm doing a bit of an experiment so I will reveal what, but I just don't want that to cloud perception at the minute. Both come in at exactly £100m and there's no trick or anything like that.

Team A:

Rotation between Mannone and Krul. Terry and Shaw partnered by whoever is at home from Huth or Taylor who rotate perfectly. Midfield four are as is every week and the third striker alongside Dzeko will be Wickham or similar.

fbf3dd664eeb25f34a3c990c7e46d4c2.png

Team B:

De Gea starts in goal every week. Terry partners two home defenders from the remaining four which guarantees me at least two at home for 34 weeks of the season. Mariappa/Simpson could become a Sunderland/Newcastle combination either. It's a 3-5-2 so the midfield five are as is every week, with Rooney partnering Dzeko. The £5m bench striker is one that has a sniff on playing, it could be Darren Bent or similar either.

bc03c3b609ba6c3c0d1c0f5d19403ec1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

wonski wrote: »
    Forgot to link the picture:o

316706.jpg

Needs less Stoke IMO. ;) Cameron not a certain starter but your substitute defenders will probably start. Actually you've one of the rare teams that I've spotted where substitute defenders are actually likely to get regular game time.

Crouch to one of the other 6.0 forwards (Ings, Austin etc.) who look most likely to start nearer to deadline day as many of us will be doing.

Advertisement