Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick v. Wexford, SHC QF, Semple Stadium @ 2pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Wexford should be proud they got this far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Downey has been shabby today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

This isn't Wexford's level. They are out on their feet. There are always bumps on the road, Limerick have suffered similar defeats before.

Fairplay to Limerick though, really up for it. Played some good hurling too, particular Dowling and Hannon up front, bossed midfield and a much improved halfbackline coupled with imperious Hickey and it's set the platform for a comfortable win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Hi can ye put up the score please, I'm abroad at the moment and can't connect to anything except boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

4 19 to 0 11 to limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

4-19 Lk 0-11 Wx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hi can ye put up the score please, I'm abroad at the moment and can't connect to anything except boards.

Limerick 4-19 Wexford 0-11

53 minutes played.

webels wrote: »
    4 19 to 0 11 to limerick

Sweet Jesus that is some hammering. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

Wexford had a great year up to now. Great win in u21 leinster final some great young players found. Future is bright just one bad day at the office today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

This isn't Wexford's level. They are out on their feet. There are always bumps on the road, Limerick have suffered similar defeats before.

They really aren't though.

Its just lazy to blame fatigue. Their performance has nothing to do with physical tiredness and everything to do with how they approached the game mentally. As soon as the going got tough they checked out.

You can try for 50 minutes, get tired and blame fatigue but giving up soon after throw in doesn't wash with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Limerick 4-25 Wexford 1-11 (66 minutes gone)

126920-Simpsons-stop-stop-hes-already-7Shi.jpeg

That was never a red like.

Full Time.

4-26 , 1-11

Matthew O'Hanlon sent off for Wexford in injury time.

Limerick were flattered in fairness.

As much as I'd love to see them beat Kilkenny in the semi, I can't see it happening.

Today's game was no preparation. Wexford bottled it from beginning to end.

Shame, because they're better than that.

corny wrote: »
    They really aren't though.

Its just lazy to blame fatigue. Their performance has nothing to do with physical tiredness and everything to do with how they approached the game mentally. As soon as the going got tough they checked out.

You can try for 50 minutes, get tired and blame fatigue but giving up soon after throw in doesn't wash with me.

Yeah your right they are flying fit. Being 5 yards off your man is a mental thing. What a loud of absolute cac.

Giving up as soon as the throw in, if Podge Doran had goaled on 20 mins they could have brought it to two.

They've been in extremely physical games the last 3 weeks in a row.

Clueless post and I can't believe there seem to be others thinking that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Yes it was, he pulled a dirty stroke on his right hand that was holding the hurl

Lapin wrote: »
    Full Time.

4-26 , 1-11

Matthew O'Hanlon sent off for Wexford in injury time.

Thanks a million!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Breathe TJ, breathe.

Get up the yard!

Filthy pull, deserved to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

Am I the only one who thinks TJ talks at a 100mph!!!

• Advertisement

TJ would make a great greyhound race commentator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bazza935

Wexford found out. Never as good as some people were rating them after a few good matches

TJ = Limerick Legend

#juknowwhatimsayin

Yeah your right they are flying fit. Being 5 yards off your man is a mental thing. What a loud of absolute cac.

Giving up as soon as the throw in, if Podge Doran had goaled on 20 mins they could have brought it to two.

I know thats supposed to be more of your nasty sarcasm but actually..... it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

sloppy passes when in posession, bad shooting, awful defending despite having a good few defenders which lead to goals...has nothing got to do with playing 4 weeks in a row

donnem33 wrote: »
    sloppy passes when in posession, bad shooting, awful defending despite having a good few defenders which lead to goals...has nothing got to do with playing 4 weeks in a row

What are the signs of a tired team then?

One sport where you are going to get exposed on the scoreline pretty quickly if you are suffering physically is hurling.

corny wrote: »
    I know thats supposed to be more of your nasty sarcasm but actually..... it is.

HOW?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

phkk wrote: »
    Yes it was, he pulled a dirty stroke on his right hand that was holding the hurl

Wexford defender in dirty stroke on Limerick star forward and free taker shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

What are the signs of a tired team then?

One sport where you are going to get exposed on the scoreline pretty quickly if you are suffering physically is hurling.

dublin last year played 5 wks in a row and didnt seem to do them any harm :rolleyes:

in all the matches wexford have had scored highly and had a lot of awful wides. today limerick had their homework done and got their match ups right and didnt give mcdonald or mcgovern a sniff of the ball.

playing 4 wks in a row should have had them sharp but their touch was awful. fading out in the last 10 mins and getting beaten in that time could lead to suspicions of tiredness..but limerick dominated from the throw in. this was a no contest

• Advertisement

HOW?

Its a symptom of the malaise that donnem33 explained (and you ignored) to you. The game, like most things in life, starts in the head. You don't get the attitude right everything goes wrong. Men don't attack the ball, they're slow to react, their lack of conviction shows in their passing/shooting etc. Can't believe this has to be explained to you.

They've had a weeks rest ffs. They weren't playing last night.

Advertisement