Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Championship 2014 ** Read The Charter Before Posting **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

benny79 wrote: »
    lowry and hoey for me both in form and learned there trade on links ;) although I think if Rory sorts his fridays out he will run away with it. but the others are better valve.

Anyone know how Garcia did in aberdeen?

Didn't play

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This should really suit Lowry, and I would LOVE to see him do well, but if Rory can avoid the Friday blow outs, I think he could be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Ricky Fowler will give this one a real rattle, he's a contender now in the majors and he's a proven competitor, this could be the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone know if the Coral offer "place a pre-tournament £10 Win Single bet" and get a matching in-game one applies to each-way bets?
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Weather forecast worsening for lightning over the weekend, as mentioned it will be hit and miss, but Id put a few quid on a Tuesday finish ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Weather forecast worsening for lightning over the weekend, as mentioned it will be hit and miss, but Id put a few quid on a Tuesday finish ;)

Really disappointed to hear this. It really makes a mess of tournament when there are weather delays, and can make it a real lottery, depending on tee times etc.. And messes up my viewing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Put a few quid on Broberg each way. Played very well in Scotland and seems suited to the links golf. 125/1 or something like that with Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

getting excited now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seanog_athlone

Anyone get Steve Palmers Racing Post tips for the Open today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

I'm sure Lowry is looking at the weather forecast and is fairy happy. Check out how different the course looks from that of 2006...

2006_zps842f0f4e.jpg~original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    I'm sure Lowry is looking at the weather forecast and is fairy happy. Check out how different the course looks from that of 2006...

2006_zps842f0f4e.jpg~original

that is some amount of fertiliser they been using!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

pastense wrote: »
    Ricky Fowler will give this one a real rattle, he's a contender now in the majors and he's a proven competitor, this could be the one.

I think Fowler will do well.

I think Lowry will do well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Please read the charter regarding Gambling/Betting talk on the Golf Forum.
    3 Red Cards already.

1 week bans next, dont miss the whole thing due to not reading the forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

GreeBo wrote: »
    Please read the charter regarding Gambling/Betting talk on the Golf Forum.
    3 Red Cards already.

1 week bans next, dont miss the whole thing due to not reading the forum rules.

Soon, its going to be hard to discuss anything on Boards.ie. Oh well. Really looking forward to this starting tomorrow. Wall to wall coverage on BBC website will be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

What are the essentials when going to these events??

The weather looks a bit dodgy.

I guess
    Umbrella
    Waterproofs
    Golf shoes??

Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

I'd bring a radio. BBC 5 live will have commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Soon, its going to be hard to discuss anything on Boards.ie.

Don't bet on it :P

I'd bring a radio. BBC 5 live will have commentary

Conor McNamara tweeted earlier to say there will be free wifi to link up to the dedicated BBC5 broadcast on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Banned for 1 week.

I guess
    Umbrella
    Waterproofs
    Golf shoes??

Anything else?

Hat, folding chair if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hat, folding chair if you can.

ta
    Sounds like I m going to need a suitcase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Conor McNamara tweeted earlier to say there will be free wifi to link up to the dedicated BBC5 broadcast on the course.

If listening on your phone, maybe bring a charging pack as the phone battery won't last too long. A little FM radio is maybe better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

the course is so green. it hardly looks linksy at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I guess
    Umbrella
    Waterproofs
    Golf shoes??

Anything else?

Sun cream - if you don't get sun burn, you'll probably get windburn.

I wouldn't bother with a chair. It will just be a hassle to carry it around. If you're tired, go to one of the grandstands halfway around the course and take a rest there. You'll see loads of players come through and you'll have a perfect view. I've done it many times.

Get a map of the course layout so you know where you're going.

Sunglasses and a light pair of trousers and a t-shirt if the weather decides to get nice for an hour or so.

Definitely avail of some form of radio. You'll be lost without it, especially, on Sunday when there could be moves by players elsewhere on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

FM radio is the single most important thing to bring, you'll be lost without it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Luke Donald, Rory or Adam Scott are my 3 picks for the open. Really looking forward to it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tigerwood1

Wrecked my head last year trying to listen to five live on long wave the weather was too good for decent reception:). have a uk sim on work phone but it eats the megabits it,s a pity a irish station does,nt part relay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

If listening on your phone, maybe bring a charging pack as the phone battery won't last too long. A little FM radio is maybe better.

I was there today, the Wifi was very erratic unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Wrecked my head last year trying to listen to five live on long wave the weather was too good for decent reception:). have a uk sim on work phone but it eats the megabits it,s a pity a irish station does,nt part relay it.

There is an called Tunein for iPhone and android. It literally has every radio station you could have heard of. Has BBC 5 live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Have a feeling Robert Karlsson could go well, seems to be coming back into form after a few years of struggling so would be nice to see him do well. I wonder if being first out will be a good thing or not.

Advertisement