Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Championship 2014 ** Read The Charter Before Posting **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Mushy wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this bar one snag....what is the tv covergae? Is it only on bbc? Have saorview, sky go....will bbc work through sky go yeah?

I am in the same boat, over in the US and don't fancy watching it with a break every 5 mins. With a bit of messing around with a new UK Apple account I downloaded the BBC iPlayer app. Using a UK VPN I will be able to watch the BBC coverage.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

The easiest way to get the bbc player in another country is as follows,

Download google chrome as your browsers,

Download an app from the google store called hola,

At the end of the address bar the hola icon appears (smiley face on fire) click on this and different flags appear, click on the country you want, uk for iplayer, us for us Netflix, irish to get rte player abroad etc.

Don't think it works on iPad yet unfortunately .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ronney wrote: »
    The easiest way to get the bbc player in another country is as follows,

Download google chrome as your browsers,

Download an app from the google store called hola,

At the end of the address bar the hola icon appears (smiley face on fire) click on this and different flags appear, click on the country you want, uk for iplayer, us for us Netflix, irish to get rte player abroad etc.

Don't thing it works on iPad yet unfortunately .

Just tried it there...works a charm. Cannot thank you enough, will make my weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Broberg, Hatton and Jamieson are going to take the 3 spots on offer in Scotland. Just one more spot available tonight through the John Deere.

Stricker and O'Meara aren't playing so Ishikawa and Fisher are in from the world rankings.

Current first reserve is David Hearn.

Last spot goes to Brian Harman for his win in The John Deere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Tee times for Thursday are up

http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Paul Dunne Specials now available on PP. Nice draw for him late on Thursday 3pm ish and 10am ish on the Friday with a good Spaniard, but no idea who the yank is!

stevieob wrote: »
    Paul Dunne Specials now available on PP. Nice draw for him late on Thursday 3pm ish and 10am ish on the Friday with a good Spaniard, but no idea who the yank is!

Mark Wiebe beat Langer in a play off to win last years senior Open.
    34 years between himself and Paul!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

David Duval will be up at stupid o'clock for his tee time! Like to see him go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

stevieob wrote: »

Playing with Adam Scott and Shane Lowry in the practice round today, then Graeme McDowell and Shane tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Playing with Adam Scott and Shane Lowry in the practice round today, then Graeme McDowell and Shane tomorrow.

Don't think he played with Scott, wasn't it Neil Bradley the British Am Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anyone see that story about John Singleton qualifying for the Open? Hes a forklift driver that entered Open qualifying, and got through. Great to see stories like that. Hes a local guy too so it'll mean the world to him, I'm sure!

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Don't think he played with Scott, wasn't it Neil Bradley the British Am Champion.

It was a 4 ball.

spotted that :)

BshoftzIYAA95M-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It was a 4 ball.

Oh I see now he did join them, he wasn't down to play with them when the times were released earlier. Must have been surreal for Dunne and Bradley.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Anyone see that story about John Singleton qualifying for the Open? Hes a forklift driver that entered Open qualifying, and got through. Great to see stories like that. Hes a local guy too so it'll mean the world to him, I'm sure!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/local-boy-john-singleton-lives-open-dream-up-the-road-9603798.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Anyone else using the App on Android? Plenty of up to date info on it.

Anyone else using the App on Android? Plenty of up to date info on it.

Yeah great shots of all the holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

A photo from Hoylake this morning.... could you imagine putting on greens as perfect as that every week. This is going to look like a different course to that played in 2006.

314599.jpg

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    A photo from Hoylake this morning.... could you imagine putting on greens as perfect as that every week. This is going to look like a different course to that played in 2006.

don't have to imagine, our greens are as good as any :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Going to go Friday.

Where are the tee times for Friday up? I ve seen Thursdays but can't see Fridays any where.
    Cheers

Going to go Friday.

Where are the tee times for Friday up? I ve seen Thursdays but can't see Fridays any where.
    Cheers

there is a drop down on top, pick your day

http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Tiger anyone?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm firmly in the Rose camp - got the winning feeling and has proven he has the bottle on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Wide open like every year,dont think tiger can possibly be sharp enough and dont see him making the cut. as for a winner i chanced 10 ew on kaymer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can't wait for this now, I've been very impressed with Fowler this year and especially in the majors, a decent Scottish Open only adding fuel to me thinking this one may be his.
    Followed closely by decent showings from Shane and Mikko for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Weather isn't promised great for Friday/Saturday. Thunderstorms and flooding but its still hit and miss if its gonna hit hoylake. Be prepared for delays and stoppages if your going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I fancy Adam Scott for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

I'm firmly in the Rose camp - got the winning feeling and has proven he has the bottle on the Sunday.

Poulter all the way for me. He even has the wrist injury which helped Harrington a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

lowry and hoey for me both in form and learned there trade on links ;) although I think if Rory sorts his fridays out he will run away with it. but the others are better valve.

Anyone know how Garcia did in aberdeen?

Advertisement