Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Championship 2014 ** Read The Charter Before Posting **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

When I was watching Ernie and his putting woes on the first, I was shocked that a man of his experience would make such a mistake and look so out of it on the first hole of a major. Turns out the guy he hit on the first was injured badly and his jaw was shattered. Fairly understandable now in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

And they stop the live coverage once the British players of note are finished. It's not like Westwood has a chance of winning. Typical BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    When I was watching Ernie and his putting woes on the first, I was shocked that a man of his experience would make such a mistake and look so out of it on the first hole of a major. Turns out the guy he hit on the first was injured badly and his jaw was shattered. Fairly understandable now in hindsight.
    I read that alright. Awful for Els and obviously the spectator. He said that he probably brought his partners down with him, which may be true. Phil and Blubba had bad rounds as well.

Just a par for Shane on 16. Hopefully he can finish birdie birdie. Very annoying that the coverage has cut off for his finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just a par for Shane on 16. Hopefully he can finish birdie birdie. Very annoying that the coverage has cut off for his finish.

we'll have him all day tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Rikand wrote: »
    we'll have him all day tomorrow :D

Hope so - I only saw him once today!

Parred the 17th. Just the 18th to go which hopefully he can birdie.

rrpc wrote: »

Good lad - C'MON SHANE!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good outing by McIlroy again, he seems to be doing well in last few weeks.

Lowry had said before hand he was loving the course and really comfortable here, its showing..would love to see if he can try to stay within top 25 going in to the weekend.

The romantic in me wants to see Garcia win though! That man can't retire without one!

And a birdie on the last for Shane!! With the weather looking bad for tomorrow- this really could play nicely into his hands as we know he is unfazed by poor playing conditions.

• Advertisement

Lowry finishes on -4. Great! Yes, we'll see him tomorrow on TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Lowry finishes -4 :)

Great performance by Lowry! He's having a great year hopefully it continues!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Great performance by Lowry! He's having a great year hopefully it continues!

Tee time tomorrow is 10.20. Early, but not too early! We should see a good bit of him on TV.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Tee time tomorrow is 10.20. Early, but not too early! We should see a good bit of him on TV.

Yup can't wait for it now, should be a lot of coverage on him now that he's well in contention.

rrpc wrote: »
    Nice that one of my predictions worked out at last ;)

Well done Shane, nice and steady now.

Unfortunately Paul Dunne bogeyed the last for a round of 75. Still a lot better than some of the pros out there and he has something to work on to get into the weekend. He'd probably need a round of three or four under to make it though. All we can do is wish him luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

What time did Els tee off? 700 minutes of golf to get through. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Around 2pm AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Benny Cake wrote: »
    You have NO idea how much trouble you're in........

report and then ignore please.
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Cheers guys!

Had a look at this thread last night for useful info on who to back & went with McIlroy, Fowler, Speith & Broberg.

Considering McIlroy's blow outs on Friday I opted for him to lead 1st Round too.

Sorry if after-timing but I based on your opinions
    banned for one week.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

This permanent helicopter noise is absolutely wrecking my bulb. I actually complained with the BB just now. When you watch this for hours its terrible, almost like those friggin vuvuzelas. I can't believe the players are putting up with it.

Am I the only one who feels like that?

Not until you mention it ☺but yeah its very grating now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What time did coverage end?
    Arrived home all set and nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not until you mention it ☺but yeah its very grating now!!!

Well sometimes its in the background but most of the time it is very much present. Maybe I'm just a little tired but I find it really irritating.

GreeBo wrote: »
    What time did coverage end?
    Arrived home all set and nothing :(

Think BBC was on from 9am to 8pm today, the last half an hour was just really talking though, not much live coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Leaderboard looks tasty - McIlroy, Lowry and Woods in the top 10.

Should be a great weekend ahead!!

The infrastructure around the place is astounding. Any amount of guest seating arenas , TV towers, big screens. Outside of the condition of the course, the greens are unbelievable. Must run into 7 if not 8 figures to host a major. RCD must be in discussions with some bank manager at this early stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Think BBC was on from 9am to 8pm today, the last half an hour was just really talking though, not much live coverage.

Setanta had golf til 8. Got to see Lowry putt the 17th. Left a long one from the back of the green stone dead.

Looked very comfortable. Nice start time tomorrow too. So here's hoping he can stay in touch.

• Advertisement

delaad wrote: »
    Setanta had golf til 8. Got to see Lowry putt the 17th. Left a long one from the back of the green stone dead.

Looked very comfortable. Nice start time tomorrow too. So here's hoping he can stay in touch.

Would be brilliant to see him do well, his confidence seems to be very high after some good results.

I think Lee Westwood put it right a few tournaments ago when he was saying all the lads there have similar ability it's just the person who is mentally the best will win.

Advertisement