Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Anybody got any views on NYC polish?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Anybody got any views on NYC polish?

I find that they chip after 2-3 days on my nails (most polishes ok for 4-5 days on me, with a tiny bit of normal tip wear). I also find them a bit dull, but fine with a top coat. OK for the price.

Here's what i wore today:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Any tips for using Ciate 'caviar'?
    I've never used it successfully. Usually ends with big blank patches on nails after a very short time :(
    Top coat seems to ruin the effect too, is it just the one I used or does top coat just not work with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Haven't been taking care of my nails at all recently and have gone off painting them for some reason but today passing the catrice stand I couldn't leave this behind! Emerald bay, I should really have given it 2 coats but not bad with just one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have booked in for Gelish polish next week before my hols, I've had Shellac before but never Gelish. Does anyone know if it is hard wearing.... It's just that I was over with my parents yesterday and, knowing I'm off work next week, asked if I would help out on the bog (I need to if I want to get the turf off them to heat my own house this winter!) :(. But will my Gelish survive a day at the bog?? They are looking for help for the Tues, I have nail appointment on the Tues morn and flying out Weds morn!

Sorry Dad, I can't go to the bog, I'm getting my nails done! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I have booked in for Gelish polish next week before my hols, I've had Shellac before but never Gelish. Does anyone know if it is hard wearing.... It's just that I was over with my parents yesterday and, knowing I'm off work next week, asked if I would help out on the bog (I need to if I want to get the turf off them to heat my own house this winter!) :(. But will my Gelish survive a day at the bog?? They are looking for help for the Tues, I have nail appointment on the Tues morn and flying out Weds morn!

Sorry Dad, I can't go to the bog, I'm getting my nails done! :P

Wear gloves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I work in the sports industry so decided last week to hop on the world cup bandwagon...

317a2hw.jpg

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Wear gloves ?

Tthat will be enough will it? I usually wear my gardening gloves on the bog, if I get Gelish done that morning, would it be ok to go to the bog straight afterwards?

Satsuma - what is the name of the Essense pink polish?

• Advertisement

sunny dayz- the pink doesnt have a name....

They usually have it in small writing on the back. No bother, I'll be in Pennys in the morning with boards on my phone trying to match up the bottles to it!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

That pink Essence polish looks like "Free Hugs" I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I love this pink! It's called rusty pink I think by le femme

2wn43d1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Barry M gel shine in rose hip - showed up well against my farmer tan!

NYC water street blue and a nails inc glitter. Love this blue it's so vibrant! I got a hair stuck between coats on the glitter nail on the other hand, didn't realised and tried to pull it off and it ruined it! All lumpy now, nail rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

PennyWren wrote: »
    NYC water street blue and a nails inc glitter. Love this blue it's so vibrant! I got a hair stuck between coats on the glitter nail on the other hand, didn't realised and tried to pull it off and it ruined it! All lumpy now, nail rage!

Your application is beautiful!

Pythia wrote: »
    Your application is beautiful!

Thank you 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Have had no interest in painting my nails recently and nothing in my stash has grabbed my attention. This arrived today though and I had to put it on immediately! It's so glitzy and beautiful! It's Excalibur (new version) by A-England...Picture from The Polishaholic

A+England+Excalibur+1.JPG

So.much.glitter! I'm already dreading having to take this off and that's probably the reason I've had it for about a year and haven't used it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

So.much.glitter! I'm already dreading having to take this off and that's probably the reason I've had it for about a year and haven't used it!

I just bite off my glitter polishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

You could try the tinfoil method! You soak a few cotton balls in remover, then pop them on your nail with a bit of tinfoil over them. Leave them on for a few minutes and if you press down on the cotton ball as you're pulling them off the polish just kinda slides of with them. I use this all the time now for glitter because removal is such a nightmare otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

You could try the tinfoil method! You soak a few cotton balls in remover, then pop them on your nail with a bit of tinfoil over them. Leave them on for a few minutes and if you press down on the cotton ball as you're pulling them off the polish just kinda slides of with them. I use this all the time now for glitter because removal is such a nightmare otherwise!
    I do this too, its the easiest way I know to remove glitter polishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

That colour is exactly what I imagine The Little Mermaid's tail would be IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

105v5ux.jpg

21 day Gelish Polish for my Holidays!

Jwacqui wrote: »

21 day Gelish Polish for my Holidays!

I love it. Your nails are such a lovely shape. I got gelish for my holiday and not one chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I love it. Your nails are such a lovely shape. I got gelish for my holiday and not one chip.

Aww thanks. I get them done every 3- 3.5 weeks. They last all that time bar some regrowth. I get the girl to come to my house and it's €20! Suits me perfect!

Summery french manicure, tips are a bit wonky but overall I'm happy :)

Summery french manicure, tips are a bit wonky but overall I'm happy :)

Tips look perfect! Really beautiful.

• Advertisement

Tips look perfect! Really beautiful.

Thanks! You should see my other hand!

Advertisement