Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014 **use spoiler tags til midnight**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Lumen wrote: »
    Because I find explicit and overwrought manifestations of British national pride embarrassing. .

So you'd presumably find such manifestations do not equate to good commentary. I'd agree with you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

2i2lbc.jpg

PS not sure if spoilers are needed for this or not

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

pelevin wrote: »
    So you'd presumably find such manifestations do not equate to good commentary. I'd agree with you.
    If I was watching Italian commentary I'd have no problem with it. It's only the British aspect which is irritating.

Lumen wrote: »
    I was watching Italian commentary I'd have no problem with it. It's only the British aspect which is irritating.

For me it's the crap aspect of it which is irritating.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

godtabh wrote: »
    Sky Train

Lolberto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Apparently it's on twitter that during an interview after the stage today froome said he still has a kilo to lose before the tour. That can't be good for you and how in the name of God can he possibly lose more weight without losing power.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Apparently it's on twitter that during an interview after the stage today froome said he still has a kilo to lose before the tour. That can't be good for you and how in the name of God can he possibly lose more weight without losing power.

was it tyler hamilton said in his book he didnt feel he was the right weight to cycle until he could feel the bones in his arse. if that was a girl shed be sent of to see a doctor about annorexia

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

how in the name of God can he possibly lose more weight without losing power.

As long as you lose fat and not muscle, then your power output shouldn't be affected.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dont they all go around pinching each others arese before the tour to see if they have any extra weight on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

As long as you lose fat and not muscle, then your power output shouldn't be affected.

He's not carrying any fat from what I can see

• Advertisement

5kg+ maybe. But I wouldn't be able to tell by eyeballing someone is carrying only a kilo more. Even with people much shorter than Froome.

He's not carrying any fat from what I can see

Wiggins said before that preparing for the 2012 destroyed his power output. He was used to being heavier for the track and having more power. That power wasnt there when he was at race weight for the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Wiggins said before that preparing for the 2012 destroyed his power output. He was used to being heavier for the track and having more power. That power wasnt there when he was at race weight for the tour.

but he had plenty of power in 2012..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Another nothing day today, breakaway probably gets it.

So is there a race on today?

So is there a race on today?

What sport are we talking about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The asthma discussion is moved here :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

:eek:
    Contador's attacked and made a big gap to Froome, currently over a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

:eek:
    Contador's attacked and made a big gap to Froome, currently over a minute!

Ha, Bertie burns Froomey. Reprise of Fuente De in Vuelta '12. Go Contador

They've caught him, balls

• Advertisement

Its not a boring stage

Think the graphic was wrong, doubt the gap ever went over a minute. 30 seconds roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

that's why I love contador...always able to pull something out of left field

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Brought back easy enough in the end, and the TV coverage had the time gaps wrong, Contador never got very far up the road, alot of huff and puff but little chance of success from the Spanaird

Did anybody see that junction just there? Where on earth were the riders supposed to go?

Also, where was Nibbles when Contador attacked? Surely he should have went with him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

a lot more interesting than I thought it would be...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Inquitus wrote: »
    Brought back easy enough in the end, and the TV coverage had the time gaps wrong, Contador never got very far up the road, alot of huff and puff but little chance of success from the Spanaird
    At least Contador had the balls to go for it today, fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why is it called a Criterium?

Google tells me a Criterium is a is a bike race held on a short course (usually less than 1 mile), often run on closed-off city centre streets.

• Advertisement

In French, "criterium" just means "competition".

Advertisement