Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

I used to dream about my dad who had died and I used to wake up in tears all the time, one night I woke up same thing absolutely balling my eyes out trying to calm myself while trying not to wake my boyfriend who was beside me. I kept saying in my mind I wish you were here(my dad) and if your ok, few seconds later this white light just appeared right beside where my boyfriend was asleep and I felt this calm come over me and I felt happy again, I didn't find it unnerving or creepy but needless to say my boyfriend had a freak attack about the whole thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I thought you were going to say this white van appeared ha.

I understand what you mean.

I read something somewhere that they did these study on widows in eastern and western societies.

They were all had seen loved ones after they had died.

Now the eastern people thought is was perfectly normal to see there loved ones after they died.

Now on the other side of it the western side of the world as in europe they widows thought they themselves were completly cracked all together and thought that they would be locked up if people found out they were seeing things.

I do find this aspect very interesting.
    ENMcD wrote: »
    I used to dream about my dad who had died and I used to wake up in tears all the time, one night I woke up same thing absolutely balling my eyes out trying to calm myself while trying not to wake my boyfriend who was beside me. I kept saying in my mind I wish you were here(my dad) and if your ok, few seconds later this white light just appeared right beside where my boyfriend was asleep and I felt this calm come over me and I felt happy again, I didn't find it unnerving or creepy but needless to say my boyfriend had a freak attack about the whole thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    And you need to get over the fact that it's 12 years :rolleyes: What's it to you at the end of the day? :rolleyes: How's what affected a total random stranger from the internet going to affect your day? Or your life? Moder o gawd! Yes I know I need to get over it and I have tried but it's something that has deeply unnerved me. Get over it yourself. I came here to share an experience that freaked me out, not to be told "get over it" by someone off the internet. Hear enough of that off my OH without you having a go :rolleyes:

I can understand why something like that left a lasting impression on you.

Usually when people here post about their sleep paralysis experiences, they are that - plural. You seemed to intimate that it was a one off experience and not something that has happened before or since, therefore I'm not surprised you still have the willies 12 years later.

Much less has left a lasting mark on me and for many more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

I had sleep paralysis once (and I hope to God that I never experience it again). I can clearly remember every moment of it and the associated terror and I can assure anyone who has not experienced it that it is not something you just 'forget' about or EVER want to experience.

<shudders>

I had sleep paralysis since I was 3 years old, and got to say, the worst episode ever was after a huge feed of Chinese takeaway. One of the side effects of MSG? Sleep paralysis...

Anyway, not MSG induced but medication induced, I have very lucid dreams. Coincidence of course, but I had this freaky dream where I was gonna die in this accident in a lift; went over to my friend's gaff earlier, and the lift looked exactly the same. Instead of being scared, I went noooo way - later I remembered I've been in the same building before, about thirteen years ago, so my brain obviously remembered the lift.

Us cynics realists ruin your creeps eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

This is nowhere as bad as half of what I read here.
    But I know of someone who lived in the North during The Troubles, One night she could hear rustling in the bushes and opened her front to see what it was.
    It was an I.R.A gunman who set up position in the garden and signaled her to be quiet,There was a patrol nearby and the gunman waited.

About 5 mins passed without a bullet being fired and the gunman had disappeared!
    I would have a heart attack if I opened my door only to be greeted by a masked IRA gunman hidden in a bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

This is nowhere as bad as half of what I read here.
    But I know of someone who lived in the North during The Troubles, One night she could hear rustling in the bushes and opened her front to see what it was.
    It was an I.R.A gunman who set up position in the garden and signaled her to be quiet,There was a patrol nearby and the gunman waited.

About 5 mins passed without a bullet being fired and the gunman had disappeared!
    I would have a heart attack if I opened my door only to be greeted by a masked IRA gunman hidden in a bush.

Eeek! I'd say anyone living in the North at that time could double the size of this thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

8mv wrote: »
    Not unnerving but a little puzzling.
    Our dog can get out of our garden over the back ditch if he really wants to, so to avoid the possibility of angry sheep farmers at my door, I keep him tethered to a large rock during the night. He usually just lies in his kennel and sleeps.
    But a few weeks ago I went out first thing to let him off and found him looking forlorn outside the side gate, which was closed, still tethered to the rock which was the other side of the gate. I'm sure there's a rational explanation.

Or aliens.

This actually reminds me of one. Would often be home weekends on my own, pre drinking days and this was late on a Friday night/Saturday morning.
    Was about to hit the hay so I kicked the dog out the bag for his usual last chance emptying, though for him it's 15 mins of contemplating life while staring at the shed. Anyway I'd left him there for about 5 mins and went back to the sitting room to tidy up, I got this sense that I should go check on him. No idea why it popped into my head normally we'd leave him there until he barked to come back or at around 15 minutes.
    Anyways went to get him and noticed a massive bright light shining through the kitchen door, it was the headlights of a jeep with a guy standing in the gateway and my dog halfway up the garden looking at him. Soon as I opened the patio door the dog scooted for me and started growling at him.

The guy gave some excuse about looking for family X which lived behind 4 houses to the right but face the opposite direction, didn't tell him that, just told him to get the fock out my garden while shouting "who comes in the back gate to someone's house at half 12 at night".

The family he was looking for have dodgy sons - I'm still convinced they were after the dog, he's a pure bred Westie and were used a lot for hunting in that part of town. I prefer to think of that than the fact the might have baited him <shudder>

Was also the one time the mutt didnt go mad at someone at the gate...useless!

<TL/DR> I may have added to someones creepy stories by advancing towards him with a golf club for what I perceived to be dog-napping!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

For anyone that can lucid dream, tell a person its all just a dream watch as stuff gets creepy, they get angry veryyyyyy angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

For anyone that can lucid dream, tell a person its all just a dream watch as stuff gets creepy, they get angry veryyyyyy angry.

Are you talking about telling some in your lucid dream? If so, that's a product of your brain and probably won't work the same in other people's. In my dreams, the person I tell would probably say "Oh cool, that means I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I had a dream that our home was burgled the same night the OH did too.

Only different by minor details. we both woke up within minutes of each other and we were both freaked and thought it was a sign. So we put all of the lights on and sat peering out the window until it got bright.

Coulda been the cheese pizza we ate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

ivytwine wrote: »
    Eeek! I'd say anyone living in the North at that time could double the size of this thread :eek:

I know a fella from the North who has a nerve jangling tale. He was driving home a car that his dad had bought. He was young and there was some kind of issue with paperwork. I think he was lacking everything, tax, insurance, and license. As he is nearing home he spots a checkpoint a few hundred yards up the road. Wishing to avoid any awkward questions he pulls into the nearest laneway/driveway. He waits there for about 10 minutes, reverses back onto the road, and drives off in the opposite direction to the checkpoint.

He only gets a short way down the road when he feels small breeze whisper past his right ear and hears a snap as a hole appears in the front windscreen. As he is slowly beginning to realise he is being shot at, a second bullet crackles off a couple of fittings inside the cabin. He jams on the brakes, crouches down in the seat as much as he can, and opens his door. About 45 seconds later (probably seemed like longer!), a terrified looking soldier is peering in through the side window. He realises his error in judgement, jumps into the passenger seat, and starts smoking furiously with trembling hands while offering an apology. Apparently the soldier had been stationed in the hedge 200 yards up the road from the checkpoint and was on the lookout for any suspicious behaviour, which included cars turning around and avoiding the checkpoint. My friend at this point is trying to calm the soldier down, but he asks him was his car suspicious enough looking to warrant being shot up. The soldier says "Mate, I wasn't aiming at your car, I was aiming at your head."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

About 5 years ago I was still living at home and I had a car that was my pride and joy. My mam woke up just after midnight (about 12:10) and came in to my room to say she had just heard the sound of an engine and saw my lovely car speeding off down the road. Stolen, obviously.

The next day I was telling my girlfriend who lived a good few miles away, I hadn't yet told her what time it happened at, and she said she had woken up, just after midnight, thinking she heard a noise outside. She said she was looking out the window for a few minutes, couldn't see anything and went back to sleep. She thought this was odd because she never woke up in the middle of the night.

I've since been living with her for the last four years and I can confirm that she sleeps like the dead. Once in a blue moon she'll get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet or whatever, but apart from that once she's out, she's out.

Not particularly creepy or unnerving I suppose, but an odd little coincidence nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Are you talking about telling some in your lucid dream? If so, that's a product of your brain and probably won't work the same in other people's. In my dreams, the person I tell would probably say "Oh cool, that means I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

Yeh whenever I tell them they are a figment of my mind it freaks them out they argue and argue until I Jedi force push them :pac: Then they get angry, tis a lot of fun :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Read all of Ted the Cavers story...fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Georgie13

I'm not sure if this is creepy really but it freaked my dad out a lot!

When I was nine I woke up one morning totally dreading having to get the bus home that day, but having no idea why, I just had a really bad feeling about it. I was getting hysterical begging my dad to pick me and my sister up instead. I was crying and everything but because I couldn't explain what was wrong my dad just thought I was being silly and insisted we had to get the bus. So anyway, during the day I calmed down and had totally forgotten about my earlier feeling of panic by home time, got on the bus no problem. Then when we were nearly at my house the bus got in a head on collision with a jeep. Luckily, no one was severely injured, I just got a bump on my head and my knee, as did a few of the other kids, I think the young lad driving jeep might have broken his nose but overall he was fine.

My poor dad got the fright of his life-imagine your little daughter telling you she has a really bad feeling about getting the bus home, you ignoring her, then getting a phonecall later saying the bus has crashed with your daughters on it.... He was white as a sheet when he came down to get us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Your post reminded me of something there Georgie... When I was 8 (in second class) I had a dream that one of the girls in my class was in a bad accident. Can't remember the exact details of the dream, I know it was a very serious accident [in the dream]. I remember being scared that something bad was going to happen to this girl all day. Not eased by the fact that she didn't turn up to school that day.

Anyway, she came in the day after that, she had her hand in plaster. She'd fallen off her bike and sprained it. I was just glad that it wasn't as bad as I'd dreamt!

The odd thing was I wasn't all that close with her, we used to sit together but she wouldn't have been one of my closest friends in the class. Weird!

On a visit to a friend's house about 3 months ago, just before I left to go home he asked me if he could talk to me about something serious, but that there was a chance I'd split my sides laughing and tell him to fúck off when he told me. I told him to progress, not knowing what I was about to hear. I will say those words to you that he said to me, you can laugh but I think the forum charter forbids you from telling me to fúck off!

Yes this account is long, but here I offer you a start, middle and end. There are happenings, reactions, revelations and solutions and whether you believe it or not is not my intention here. But the whole thing left me and those of us who knew about it a little speechless. If I'm lying, I've been lied to. Anyway, here goes...

Occurrences

Let's call my friend James. That night he revealed to me that he and his then pregnant wife and toddler were experiencing paranormal activity in their home. Having just moved into the house 18 months before, its modern look doesn't immediately strike you as the location of a haunting, but I listened to what James told me and I definitely didn't laugh in his face by the end of it.

What led he and his wife to believe that their house was occupied by a presence(s)? For a start, things moving completely of their own accord frequently. The first occurrence was the keyring rack on the kitchen wall. One night going to bed, there were 3/4 bunches of keys hanging on the rack in their usual place, the following morning all bunches were placed neatly on the table in the conservatory. Both the keyring rack and table on which the keys ended upon were way out of reach for their toddler, who was also in his cot upstairs sleeping at the time the keys would have been moved.

Other times, the couple would be sitting in their living room and then a racket would go off in the kitchen all of a sudden. They would go out to sometimes find all the cutlery drawers pulled out and cutlery on the floor, with their child either sleeping upstairs or in the living room with them. Remote controls and coffee/tea jars knocked onto the kitchen floor from positions that only an earthquake would have knocked them from. There were times James was doing the dishes and he would see a chair from the kitchen table move 5 foot across the room in the corner of his eye.

To add to moving objects, there were also sensual irregularities in the home. Several times, James and his wife woke in the middle of the night upstairs in their room to get a strong smell of something baking in the kitchen. Of course upon inspection of the kitchen, there was nobody baking anything but still that strong smell was prominent.

Almost the most regular occurrence - Despite having the heating on in the house and it being a well-insulated structure, the kitchen's temperature would become abnormally cold at any given moment.

So yeah, I can see why James thought I might laugh at him and tell him to eff off upon telling me all of this. He said this had been going on about 10 days at this stage, and they were starting to feel quite uncomfortable in their own home. Thankfully we have a mutual friend who is a priest with previous spritual dealings and James had already talked to him about it. He was coming in to do a blessing/service. After telling me all of this I was a little shocked, because James is not a fabricator of stories, someone who needs attention or someone who has extra minutes in his day to fill up as it is. When I asked him was he freaked at this point, he said a little but he was only starting believe it himself and figuring out what to do. So I left his house that night a bit blown away and to be honest a little creeped as I drove the dark country road home.

The Priest

One week later I was talking to James. By now he was devoting a lot of time to trying to solve this escalating problem. He had been researching the history of the village in which they lived through several historians, as well as briefing himself in whatever he could find online in terms of similar cases to his own. The priest had come to the house and carried out his blessing, but the phenomena hadn't stopped. The one thing that was clear though was that this had to stop. James wife was about to give birth to their 2nd child and she was up the walls with what was going on in the house.

It did not help at all that the priest said this has to be sorted before the forthcoming new baby is brought into the house, or there is a chance that whatever presence is in the house would be visible to the baby. When James asked what would there be for the baby to see? The priest said not necessarily a human-like figure, it could be a collection of colours, a light dark or bright, but this would obviously not be good for the new child. When James told the priest that he's noticed his toddler looking up at parts of a wall for minutes on end and making gestures to things that don't appear to be there, the priest couldn't rule out that his 2 year was reacting to a presence in the house.

The priest did advise though to carry on with life as normal as possible in the meantime, and it was important to act unaffected by whatever presence was in their home and to talk of it and acknowledge it as little as they could.

The Historian

By now the strange phenomena was happening a month in James' house. He had spoken to 3-4 local and national historians about the town-land, but whatever information they could find on the area did not allude to anything sinister in the past. They did however admit that records, as always, are incomplete and sketchy.

The priest had pledged to return with several other experienced colleagues to conduct another service but he did not want to come back to do this until they knew more about what they were dealing with. James' wife was now approaching her due-date and strongly considering moving back to her parents house until things subsided. James didn't have that choice as his home was also his office and he needed to work.

James persevered with his quest for knowledge. His search for records on the village now had him making calls to historians in England, thinking that since the area was under English rule up until 100+ years ago maybe they would have something the Irish guys wouldn't. Well that's where the progress comes in James' story. I'll call the village where the house in question is built 'Paulstown'.

For the record, when James talked to historians, he obviously didn't say "Hey I think my house is haunted, what can you tell me about the area?", he kept his cards quite close to his chest. One day, he got hold of an English historian who expressed a bit of surprise when James said where he was calling from and that he was looking for information on Paulstown, Co. xxxx, Ireland. The historian told James he had never been to the area, but only recently uncovered some information about Paulstown from a period around the mid 1700s while he was browsing previously lost documents in his day job. The detail that stood out, was that for some undocumented reason there was a large number of deaths in a short time frame in the village around 1750. The historian could only say that all of the deaths were of women and children.

He then asked would there be a way of finding out where a mass grave was located. The historian said that short of digging up half the town-land, it couldn't be done. The historian did say though that if he was to take a guess where such a burial site might be located considering his experience and the time period involved, he would say look for the tallest, oldest structure in the village and possibly beneath that you will find at least some bodies buried, if not this possible mass burial site. In those days, it was common to use the biggest structure in an area as a burial site, the structure would serve as a marker for the location of a burial. Upon hearing this, some things clicked in James' head, I'll come back to why in a minute.

Before bidding farewell to the historian, James asked him when exactly did he stumble upon the information about the mass killing in Paulstown. The historian told him exactly when, and it was about 5 weeks prior to this conversation between them.

The Priest, the Historian and the Biggest Tree in The Village

I would frequent James' house as both a friend and part-time employee of James in his business. Times when I've been working there in the past I would go out to this back garden to indulge my weakness and smoke a cigarette. James' backyard is nicely laid out, but is dark and damp 365 days a year. I could be standing outside there on the warmest day of the year with not a cloud in the sky, but I would still be in the dark and freezing cold. Why? Because in James' small back garden sprouts one of the biggest trees I've seen in our small island that wasn't part of a forest. You can see this tree for a kilometre or two on the way into the village.

I'm no tree-expert, but it is well over 100 ft high and its branches span out over the backgarden and over the side of the house, without another tree around to be seen. James and his wife previously used to curse the tree because of the quagmire the backgarden would be in with the constant shade, plus the tree seemed to spawn an ungodly amount of large house spiders that would nest themselves into their house below. Well to add to that now, it seems this tree could be the headstone of a grave for a number of parted souls.

James brought the historian's findings to the priest and this now alighted a fire within our holy friend. Never mind the revelation of the tree possibly being a mass burial site, but the timing at which the historian uncovered this information seemed to satisfy the priest most. By the historian revealing what date he uncovered this information about Paulstown on, James was able to corroborate that with the date when his keys first took a jump from one room to another and the whole saga began. For the priest this clicked in his head, and he wanted to talk to the historian himself.

It was at this point the historian found out why all of this information was being sought in the first place, and it blew his mind. He wanted to come from England to the house in Paulstown as soon as possible, at his own expense too. Now that the priest knew what he was dealing with, he said there would be enough people present when trying to banish the phenomena and advised against the historian making the trip. The historian confirmed that with the documents he learned about Paulstown circa 1750 and the mass killing of women and children, that he would have been the first person to lay eyes on these uncovered records in at least 60 years, possibly many more.

Conclusion

The priest summoned several colleagues, previously unknown to James, to conduct a service in the house. The priest went in under the new context that there are troubled energies surrounding the tree, for some reason centering in the kitchen which is the room in the house closest to this tree. The plight of those energies attached to the tree has gone unknown and unacknowledged for generations, and the fact that the historian uncovered this information in one country and James' house took on an unwanted visitor at the same time says that these energies are looking for rest.

A service was conducted in which the English, Irish and Latin languages were all used in the best effort to communicate with these centuies' old spirits. It didn't go down like Hollywood according to James. The walls didn't bleed, the windows didn't blow out, they didn't see a cloud of smoke vanish out the window, his toddler didn't levitate or speak in ancient languages, but there was peace.

From then on, and up until now anyway, there hasn't been any more strange occurrences or signs of a haunting. James' wife gave birth to their 2nd baby 2 days after the apparent removal of unwanted energies from their home and now, 2 months later, this dark chapter seems to be closed and put to rest and everyone is getting a peaceful night sleep in the house beneath the tree.

The only thing I personally experienced in the brief time I was there during all of this was the severe difference in temperature between the kitchen and all the other surrounding rooms. On two occasions I was there, it was like walking into a meat freezer but there were no windows open and a double radiator switched on. I don't know how most of the things that happened to James and his family can be explained in scientific terms. Apart from he and his lovely wife suddenly becoming compulsive liars out of the blue for no apparent reason, some funky shít went down in a house in 'Paulstown'.

TL;DR Never take where you live for granted, your house could always be enveloped by a big tree from hell that disperses spiders and unrested spirits upon you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

"stankratz wrote: »
    mod: no need to quote it now is there?

I'm fukced if I'm goin reading all that

Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

D Trent wrote: »
    Ffs

And yet you quoted the whole thing. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

D Trent wrote: »

Ffs

Go on, it's a good story (scary though!!)

It would make the basis of a good screenplay -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ads20101 wrote: »
    Go on, it's a good story (scary though!!)

It would make the basis of a good screenplay -

Yeah, they can call it the never ending story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

stankratz wrote: »
    Yes this account is long, but here I offer you a start, middle and end. There are happenings, reactions, revelations and solutions and whether you believe it or not is not my intention here. But the whole thing left me and those of us who knew about it a little speechless. If I'm lying, I've been lied to. Anyway, here goes...

Thank you. I really enjoyed that story and I loved the old-fashioned, dear Reader, way of telling it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Long story

I used to stay in a house on an estate where I was frequently woken up by babies crying (none of our neighbours at the time had babies), items going missing only to turn up in the middle of a table or worktop, locked windows and doors opening by themselves, and the house and garden remained cold and uninviting no matter if there was a heatwave, all the central heating on and fires lit. Neighbours had similar experiences.

It transpires that site was reputed to be a mass grave site in famine times.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

Thank you stankratz - that's a proper story, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Thank you stankratz - that's a proper story, that is.

I agree but with no disprect to his friend James, if that were me, OK I don't mind having a plethora of priests speaking 20 languages in the house but while they were in there, I'd be outside taking my Stihl MS880 chainsaw to that tree. 150cm bar lenght, 125cc and 8.6bhp should banish the shít out of any wildlife, underlife, afterlife and streetlife within the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

Have a few stories but the one that creeped me out the most has to be this one:

Being the only member of my family who works nights, I come home after every shift to a dark house and the sound of 5 people sleeping.
    It's not unusual to see some of them awake but 9 times out of 10 it's just me and the sound of silence.
    It's happened on occasion that I'll be walking to my bedroom and my mam will walk out of the toilet behind me and give me a fright, but I could see the light was off in the bathroom and knew I wasn't in for any surpises... or was I?!
    I come out of the bathroom and am making my way to my room when I hear, from directly behind me, someone say my name: "John!"
    It was loud enough to make me jump. Straight away I figured my mam must have been using the other toilet and I hadn't heard her, but when I listened I could hear her snoring! I stood completely frozen for about 10 seconds before going into my room. Spent a long time staring at the ceiling in fear that night...

It was so real and loud. It was like someone sneaking up behind you and shouting, with the intent of frightening you.

Most likely it was an audio hallucination, but it still freaks me out. Never experienced anything like it before, or since thank ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Have a few stories but the one that creeped me out the most has to be this one:

Being the only member of my family who works nights, I come home after every shift to a dark house and the sound of 5 people sleeping.
    It's not unusual to see some of them awake but 9 times out of 10 it's just me and the sound of silence.
    It's happened on occasion that I'll be walking to my bedroom and my mam will walk out of the toilet behind me and give me a fright, but I could see the light was off in the bathroom and knew I wasn't in for any surpises... or was I?!
    I come out of the bathroom and am making my way to my room when I hear, from directly behind me, someone say my name: "John!"
    It was loud enough to make me jump. Straight away I figured my mam must have been using the other toilet and I hadn't heard her, but when I listened I could hear her snoring! I stood completely frozen for about 10 seconds before going into my room. Spent a long time staring at the ceiling in fear that night...

It was so real and loud. It was like someone sneaking up behind you and shouting, with the intent of frightening you.

Most likely it was an audio hallucination, but it still freaks me out. Never experienced anything like it before, or since thank ****!
    Maybe she said it in her sleep?
    Sometimes my two year is fast asleep in his cot, and he'll shout out something perfectly understandable, or have a wee laugh to himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

Maybe she said it in her sleep?
    Sometimes my two year is fast asleep in his cot, and he'll shout out something perfectly understandable, or have a wee laugh to himself!

Nah, the sound definitely came from straight behind me, close to my ear.
    Her bedroom is in the attic, which is just above mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

..............there were also sensual irregularities in the home.

That made me laugh. Bit too wordy but a decent oul tale nonetheless.

Advertisement