Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Saiyan Smough is pretty easy once you know you can roll towards him to avoid a lot of his attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

weiland79 wrote: »
    Flying through NG+ The two gargoyles, Capra Demon and. Gaping dragon all in one sitting last night.

I still find the Capra Demon as one of the most frustrating bosses, purely because the area you fight him in is so small, and those bloody dogs. If you balls up the start of the fight you just get demolished unless you make it up the stairs quick enough to revive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

krudler wrote: »
    I still find the Capra Demon as one of the most frustrating bosses, purely because the area you fight him in is so small, and those bloody dogs. If you balls up the start of the fight you just get demolished unless you make it up the stairs quick enough to revive.

Yup getting up the stairs is key. After that I just tank him. Put on pallidan set with black knight shield +5 and just absorbed his hits. Easy pesy!

Yup getting up the stairs is key. After that I just tank him. Put on pallidan set with black knight shield +5 and just absorbed his hits. Easy pesy!

The gate being in your way is annoying too, you enter, it takes a second for you to get in and next thing there's a dog eating your face and here comes mr big knives swinging at you.

I would love to get into this 1 although but looks complicated even by reading a noob guide on the net; is this still on PSN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not sure if it's on PSN, but you should be able to pick up the edition with the DLC on it for cheap enough.

it's not that complicated or tough , just put in a bit of time near the start, and you will soon get into the swing of things, and in plenty of time before dark souls 2 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dark Souls not for sale on PSN. I found it hard to find in town, ended up getting it in Gamestop (hock...spit) for 20 euro special edition (it had a 30 euro sticker on it, 2nd hand was 25 so check how much new it is at the till if you do get it there).

There is a vid on youtube about how to get great starting gear in the first 20-25 minutes. Really helped me at the start as I didn't have a clue how the game worked and nice having the Drake Sword while still learning. Then I became hooked. Much much better than Demons Souls. My happiest moment in gaming this year came from finding a lightning spear. I still can't beat the boss I'm stuck on but the spear is helping!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CVG guy doing a live stream of him trying to clear DS before DS2 comes out.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/448538/blog/liveplay-help-me-finish-dark-souls/

Classic quote!
    Remember that time when I was streaming my first playthrough of Dark Souls and you guys were like "oh, yeah, sit in the bird's nest, something totally sweet happens!" and I did it and a giant f**king bird picked me up and plonked me back at the start of the game? I do! I'll never forget it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Bought this last night on Steam.

Looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I think I'll have the patience for a hundred-hour-plus game, but patience for the supposed difficulty is another thing.

This is a whore of a game.

• Advertisement

This is a whore of a game.

Keep at it, this thread is invaluable for newbies

OK so I missed the part where I could pick up a weapon. Instead of doing 2 damage, I can now do 38.

2 hours of fighting the first 5 shítter enemies and 2 goes against the first demon later. FML.

My backlog just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Two new ones Metro last light and Bioshock Infinite remain untouched because I've decided i want to Platinum this awesome game!

Demon done first go with the axe. Sure this game is easy.

In NG+ do people generally go about getting the weapons they already have. I'm talking specifically about the Iato sword in blightown. The jump caused my all sorts of problems first time round and I'm loath to repeat it.

In NG+ do people generally go about getting the weapons they already have. I'm talking specifically about the Iato sword in blightown. The jump caused my all sorts of problems first time round and I'm loath to repeat it.

I picked up stuff like the Zweihander, Uchi, Crystal Halberd and a few others, it's handy having different versions of the same weapons if you want to put the time into upgrading them with lightning/fire etc.

"Disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord servant" just flashed up on my screen, whats that all about?

"Disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord servant" just flashed up on my screen, whats that all about?

It's something to do with the Gravelord covenant, to do with phantom NPCs or something I never quite got it myself

Fvck Blightown

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fvck Blightown

What is this "Blightown" you speak of?

We have "Lagsville"and "StutterTown" and the of course the unforgettable "omfgWhyIsTheScreenMovingAt3fpsAndThem****ersWithDartsWontStopHittingMeAndIFell".....but Blightown? Never heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Something to do with a member of the gravelord covenant infecting your world. It infects a number of players worlds and you have to invade the gravelords world and kill him to remove the curse.
    Someone invaded and killed him so you got that message

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Woody is correct, someone from a Gravelord Covenant can infect up to 3 player's worlds (NG+ onwards only). In the infected world you will see what look like normal mobs but they have the same red glow as a Darkwraith Invader. They are also much bigger than their normal counterparts and do TONS more damage.

Imagine if you will, exploring Anor Londo, you kill the first normal Silver Knight you see, then turn a corner and see a Silver Knight about 3-4 times as big, glowing red and will pretty much one shot you. Now imagine that and multiply that by about 10 of them and that is what a Gravelord can do to your world ;)

The way to get rid of the Gravelord Servant is to find his Gravelord Sign (similar to a summon sign but looks more obvious that it's a gravelord one), invade his world and then kill him.

If you got that message "Disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord servant", it was most likely someone who was infected the same as you by this one Gravelord Servant had killed him.

It's a great covenant in theory and id say when you do successfully infect someone's world it would be great fun, but it's very flawed and unfinished. The developers abandoned alot of development regarding the covenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I've hit a serious wall post-Anor Londo in my SL1 run. I was heading down into the Tomb of the Giants but those giant skeletons were destroying me!! I gave up and decided to go to New Londo, and got crucified in the ghost house! I gave up and decided to head to the Izalith instead only to be one-shotted by the minor Capras :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I've hit a serious wall post-Anor Londo in my SL1 run. I was heading down into the Tomb of the Giants but those giant skeletons were destroying me!! I gave up and decided to go to New Londo, and got crucified in the ghost house! I gave up and decided to head to the Izalith instead only to be one-shotted by the minor Capras :(:(:(

What armour are you wearing? might be time to grind some upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

penev10 wrote: »
    What armour are you wearing? might be time to grind some upgrades?

Here's my "build".

All the armour is +9

EDIT: I decided to become a dragonoid. Why the hell did I not do this before, it's AWESOME!!! So I was grinding Dragon Scales in the Burg, and as I felt bad about killing noobs, I was leaving them a gift if they bowed before fighting. So I left this one girl a BSS. She gave me FORTY dragon scales. I nearly died on the spot!! The nicest thing I've seen in Dark Souls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Determined to finish this before the sequel is out, in the tomb of the giants now. All I can say is thank god for the Cast Light spell! The room where you get the large divine ember is hilarious lol what a death trap

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

stuck at the taurus demon, used all my firebombs stupidly trying to fight the knight. there's a ps 3 controller sized hole in my game room door. i'm gonna calm it for a week and come back if i don't kill him first go i'm getting something easier :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

stuck at the taurus demon, used all my firebombs stupidly trying to fight the knight. there's a ps 3 controller sized hole in my game room door. i'm gonna calm it for a week and come back if i don't kill him first go i'm getting something easier :pac:

it will make you more upset when you find out how easy that fight is !!!!1 Well easy when you know how :p
    At the start take out the archers on the tower before oyu trigger him, trigger him and run to the tower with him in pursuit , climb the ladder and do a jump attack down ontop of him, and repeat once more , demon dead
    simples :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

calex71 wrote: »
    it will make you more upset when you find out how easy that fight is !!!!1 Well easy when you know how :p
    At the start take out the archers on the tower before oyu trigger him, trigger him and run to the tower with him in pursuit , climb the ladder and do a jump attack down ontop of him, and repeat once more , demon dead
    simples :pac:
    have tried that, but i keep getting stuck between him and the ladder and die. getting back there is a nightmare trying not to get hurt or use estus flasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

have tried that, but i keep getting stuck between him and the ladder and die. getting back there is a nightmare trying not to get hurt or use estus flasks.

When you do a jump attack, once you jump off him and hit the ground you should run across the bridge a little back and run back. He will most likely do a jump attack and jump over you. Climb the ladder then.

Advertisement