Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got an excellent litter scoop from Zooplus today. It's designed for clumping litter and is the best one I've come across for clumps. It's huge with large holes to let the clean litter fall through, and only cost 2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I actually managed to take the cover off the duvet, pick it up and put it on the floor with Oliver in it yesterday!
    Lazy sod would not move, so I slid it under the duvet, and took it off around him (like he was in a sack), I lifted him onto the floor in it and he just wagged his tail and rolled around!
    I got him out before it went into the washing machine, but then had Ruby the kitten help me make the bed. By god, she's fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Bed making must be incredibly dull for people without pets. I swear my lot mess it up just so they can sheet surf all over again!

Bed making must be incredibly dull for people without pets. I swear my lot mess it up just so they can sheet surf all over again!

Jazzy feels he has to break in fresh pillow cases, especially when he's come in from the garden with muddy paws, preferably in the early hours of the morning. He likes to sit on my pillow and nibble my hair, as a way of letting me know he wants breakfast.

I bought a lovely Nordic style fleece throw in Penneys on Thursday thinking it would save the duvet when they're wet and jump on our bed. I thought the colourful pattern would hide the cat fur, but they don't like the pattern, I think that they think there's things on the bed so they won't walk on the throw:rolleyes:

It is boring without pets, I grew up with pets helping make the bed, I had about 2 years without any pets living with me, then for a couple of years I had just a baby/toddler, it was still fun, then I had a toddler and kittens!
    That was noisy fun!

• Advertisement

I'm hoping Felix will calm down a bit with Toby today. Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare with him. He was in one of his moods where he was hell bent on getting at him. He gets so defiant like a petulant child and will try to get past me to get at him when I block him. A couple of times he went looking for him and then last night he tried to go for him from the side of the sofa. He's such a dirty fighter, he always tries to get him while he's sleeping.

I met my tabby visitor at what I'm pretty sure is his own house today. He's lovely, what I think of as an Autumn or auburn tabby, and so friendly, although I worry when they're friendly enough to let strangers pet them. Then again he does eat here twice a day most days. The house he comes from have 3 or 4 dogs and probably the same number of cats and I'd say money there is tight, as it is for most people these days.

He gave me head boops, purrs and a little chat. Poppy's behind me on the sofa and constantly patting my head. I've to take Felix for a final check on his ear next month and I'm going to bring her and get her claws trimmed. They get caught in everything all the time. She doesn't go out much and they seem very long. She meeps like it hurts if you gently free them from your clothes, I wonder if it's something to do with her other paw issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Is anybody else's dog molting like mad at the moment ? My short haired JRT as is their way sheds all the time but for the past few days I could build a new one with the amount of hair coming off her.

Toby got into a physical fight with our tabby visitor this afternoon and is sleeping it off in his basket upstairs:( Meanwhile Felix is in that room sprawled in front of the door blocking Toby getting out if he wants to. So I'm in the living room(underneath that room) listening out for howly jowly business.

Felix was trying to give the impression that he's not up to anything, like I'm gonna fall for that one, but I don't want to lift him and make things worse, so hopefully there'll be no funny business, but I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I had forgotten how much time it takes to tame a hamster. Isabella was so tame I forgot that actually she was super nervy for the first few weeks. Poor Esme is jumpy at the moment and is sleeping in a different spot every night!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Has anyone else had a kitten that is just adamant to sleep on your face/head? Little jesse sleeps in the bedroom most nights, she keeps trying to lie on our faces :D I'l be half asleep (or she'l wake me up at all hours) and I'l feel two cold paws on my face followed by the rest of her as she tries to lie across me. She's persistent too and keeps coming back when I lift her away :rolleyes:
    Either that or she'l try to wedge herself right in between the two of us no matter how small a gap there is she'l wiggle her way in :D

She loves cold tea too, no cup left unattended is safe :P She'l jump onto the dinner plate too if I'm not careful, right little scavenger she is :D I'd forgotten how easy bunty is, and how big and heavy she is compared :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a kitten that is just adamant to sleep on your face/head? Little jesse sleeps in the bedroom most nights, she keeps trying to lie on our faces :D I'l be half asleep (or she'l wake me up at all hours) and I'l feel two cold paws on my face followed by the rest of her as she tries to lie across me. She's persistent too and keeps coming back when I lift her away :rolleyes:
    Either that or she'l try to wedge herself right in between the two of us no matter how small a gap there is she'l wiggle her way in :D

She loves cold tea too, no cup left unattended is safe :P She'l jump onto the dinner plate too if I'm not careful, right little scavenger she is :D I'd forgotten how easy bunty is, and how big and heavy she is compared :P

Sounds just like my Dude when he was a little kitten (he's a big kitten now!!) He doesn't sleep on my face anymore or else I might suffocate! But he does lie across my neck/chest whenever he gets the chance :)

Jesse sounds like a right character :D

I have a 5 year old former feral who loves to sit on my pillow and nibble my hair when he comes in from his nocturnal adventures, particularly on the rainy nights when he's soaked. He leaves little muddy paw prints on the pillow:D Poppy's also loving getting into our bed, she races me back when I get up to go to the loo. She's realised the mattress stays warm so she'll snuggle down for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Jesse sounds like a right character :D

One way to describe her anyways :D She appeared one day at about 8 weeks old and wouldn't leave, tried everything to find out where she came from but no signs of an owner, didn't feed her for the first few days to see would she wander off back to her home but she wouldn't budge :rolleyes: We're stuck with her now anyways, there lose :D I'd post photos but she appears as a black and white blur in them all, doesn't understand the concept of staying still :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Poppy's been on my knee/in bed with me all morning since about 9 this morning getting hugs and now that I'm up, Max has decided he wants some hugs and Poppy was having none of it. Put Poppy in her crate for a bit with her chew and Max has decided he doesn't want to come near me now :rolleyes:

Cream isn't talking to me because I took him for his vaccines today. If he's this bad about a ten minute car journey I dread to see how put out he'll be when we get to Dublin!!

I met Sillymango at the vets today. Cream is looking very handsome indeed. They often get a bit hacked off after injections Smx, he'll be fine in the morning, but will probably milk it for as long as possible:D

I met Sillymango at the vets today. Cream is looking very handsome indeed. They often get a bit hacked off after injections Smx, he'll be fine in the morning, but will probably milk it for as long as possible:D

It's a very small world isn't it!!:D

I looked out the bedroom window late this afternoon and saw our tabby visitor on the roof of a neighbours house:eek::eek::eek:. No idea how on earth he got up there. I was worried so I called to that house and told the chap that he'd a cat on his roof. He didn't even bother his arse to go out and look to see if the cat needed help:mad:

So off I went to the house I suspected puss comes from and he is theirs, apparently he does get up on roofs, they've no idea how and he can get down by himself. I know his name now:D Honestly, sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with people. How on earth could you ignore a possibly stranded cat on your roof:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It dawned on me earlier when I was pricing up Nature Diet that it'd probably work out the same/not that much more to just buy eg chicken and make up a mix myself. Don't know what to do now lol! :confused:

• Advertisement

Mr P was on nightshift this week and I never sleep well when he is so I'm worn out now. I just cleaned out the litter trays and judging by the amount of digging I can hear going on in the kitchen I'm guessing madam is leaving me a toxic deposit:)

GROSS!! I've just got a txt to say Lucy's 'lounger' (raised bed) is full of earwigs!! puke puke puke! It's a cheapo one that was in the 1/2 price offer at homestore and more. Think I'll have to fork out for a proper one! I've been trying out a coupler on our walks - very funny at first but they seem to be getting used to it. One on hand I felt a bit guilt gluing them together but they don't seem to mind!

I think Dude has brought out the best on Peach, she's never been so relaxed bring away from home. Normally she cowers around with Cream but now she has Dude the 2 of them are really chilled. Cream on the other hand is hiding somewhere under one of the beds. They accidentally booked us for a triple room so the cats have a whole bed to themselves!

We gave Ruby some catnip a little while ago, she spent 5 mins sliding around the floor on her belly, rolling around and trying to get every bit of catnip, with us roaring laughing, it was like she couldn't remember how to stand!
    She's now sleeping it off on the sofa beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

mymo wrote: »
    We gave Ruby some catnip a little while ago, she spent 5 mins sliding around the floor on her belly, rolling around and trying to get every bit of catnip, with us roaring laughing, it was like she couldn't remember how to stand!
    She's now sleeping it off on the sofa beside me.

lol why do they do that, one of mine was trying to eat his bed the other day, its funny but sometimes i worry that he likes it too much. weird, some of my other cats couldnt be bothered with it.

One of ours has no interest in catnip, the others go nuts for it.
    Toby rolls in it purring and drooling, just never seen a reaction like Ruby's, she was actually pushing herself around on her belly and kept rolling onto her siðe or back, while trying to grab every last bit!

ok I give in, im gonna give my cat some now, I havent given him any in over 3 months, will he remember it? ill get back to you

Jesus, the same thing again, he eats it all up and then licks the ground looking for more and then rolls around, still at it now!, ive a kitten here lookin at him all confused. No more, I think its the cocaine of the cat species

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Is there a dog equivalent of catnip?

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Is there a dog equivalent of catnip?

Stinky rubbish /fox poo :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement