Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

isee smyths have that vits megapack in shops now for 200...great deal!, vita with oled + 8gb card and a download code for 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just bought Lone Survivor for my Vita looks spooky little gem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just finished The Walking Dead at the weekend. Absolutely brilliant game but the lag really was annoying at times, especially when it resulting in you dying because of it. Also an integrated control that was inbetween the two control options available would have been great and would have really shown off the Vita's pluses in terms of having both touchscreen and controllers. Apart from those minor enough quibbles though the game is excellent with an amazing story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

is there anyway i can get an email when a game comes out on the vita? i am specifically waiting on minecraft and terraria and would love a message when they are out for first day download! sorry if thats a really simple thing to do i'm not great at psn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Is limbo free on the vita for some reason? was going through the store last night and it was available to download for free. It had download free trial but also download full game .

• Advertisement

:D PS plus games are live for download, getting streetfighter x teken now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just finished The Walking Dead at the weekend. Absolutely brilliant game but the lag really was annoying at times, especially when it resulting in you dying because of it. Also an integrated control that was inbetween the two control options available would have been great and would have really shown off the Vita's pluses in terms of having both touchscreen and controllers. Apart from those minor enough quibbles though the game is excellent with an amazing story arc.

I played it on the PC and never had any major issues, the odd lag here and there but wasn't a big deal.

Amazing game though, broke my heart 100 times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

tonydude wrote: »
    Is limbo free on the vita for some reason? was going through the store last night and it was available to download for free. It had download free trial but also download full game .

When Limbo came out on the Vita it was cross-buy, so because we already had it on PS3 from plus we were able to get the Vita version for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just bought Lone Survivor for my Vita looks spooky little gem!

me too played it for about 20 minutes in bed last night - looks and sounds fantastic so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Been playing a tiny bit of Rayman Legends on the Vita... My god is it gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is Epic Mickey 2 any good on the Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

speaking of mickey mouse...

I downloaded Mickety wild adventure from the ps1 days on vita but it doesnt show anywhere to save game.

So my question is can you save or am I missing something stupid?

cheers.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    :D PS plus games are live for download, getting streetfighter x teken now

Well thats my evening sorted.

I really should check this thread more often. I've been 2 days with my free copy of Streetfighter x tekken!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is Epic Mickey 2 any good on the Vita?

Its a solid game but I wouldn't rush out for it. A little too easy for me, and I would be happy to play through the likes of Spyro and Crash

I did a review of it here if you want a gander?
    www.bone-idle.ie/Epic Mickey Review

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Does anyone know if there are any games like Driver or Grand Theft Auto on the Vita? Something you can just drive around and kill people in basically :D

Does anyone know if there are any games like Driver or Grand Theft Auto on the Vita? Something you can just drive around and kill people in basically :D

PSP GTA games are there in Store!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

There's also Retro City Rampage, for a classic GTA style game (among other influences).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone know of any place where I can get a decent memory card?
    For not mad expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Amazon have 32GB for £40 which is the cheapest I've seen. It's out of stock right now (due October 4th), but if you order it now they'll guarantee that price.

Just finished my first vita game uncharted golden abyss. Decent game 7/10 for me loosing a few marks for some unnecessary use of the touch pad. Graphics are good but the eyes for example could have been better. Average story line decent amount of action and puzzle.
    All in all a decent adventure game killed a few hours. My first and maybe last uncharted game.
    It was free though thanks ps plus!

Now it's onto more freebees gravity rush and a bit of sf v tekken.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/688105-demon-gaze

Loads of rpg's coming for vita in the next few months it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just finished my first vita game uncharted golden abyss. Decent game 7/10 for me loosing a few marks for some unnecessary use of the touch pad. Graphics are good but the eyes for example could have been better. Average story line decent amount of action and puzzle.
    All in all a decent adventure game killed a few hours. My first and maybe last uncharted game.
    It was free though thanks ps plus!

Now it's onto more freebees gravity rush and a bit of sf v tekken.

Uncharted on the vita is maybe one of the best looking games still to this day on the vita as a lot of people forgot when playing the game is that its a handheld game not the full console uncharted. But I will say sit down and uncharted 2 and 3 on the PS3 and my god you are going to play maybe the best games ever on the PS3 as everything is just so good about them the story, the puzzles, the action basically you never know what your going to get next in the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah don't get me wrong the graphics for the most part are very good but little things like the eyes for example could have been better.
    In fairness without the good graphics I wouldn't be giving it it a 7 out of 10.
    I just thought it was an average game tbh nothin particularly great about it even though it has so much hype behind it. I suppose I was expecting more due to they hype.
    Nothing to hate just a lot of yeah I play through but goin through the motions.

On another vita note playing street fighter v tekken it's a pretty solid fighter so far I'm liking it.
    As someone who plays fighting games with an arcade stick it'll be played sparingly on vita.

Uncharted on the vita is maybe one of the best looking games still to this day on the vita as a lot of people forgot when playing the game is that its a handheld game not the full console uncharted. But I will say sit down and uncharted 2 and 3 on the PS3 and my god you are going to play maybe the best games ever on the PS3 as everything is just so good about them the story, the puzzles, the action basically you never know what your going to get next in the game

Ah don't get me wrong the graphics for the most part are very good but little things like the eyes for example could have been better.
    In fairness without the good graphics I wouldn't be giving it it a 7 out of 10.
    I just thought it was an average game tbh nothin particularly great about it even though it has so much hype behind it. I suppose I was expecting more due to they hype.
    Nothing to hate just a lot of yeah I play through but goin through the motions.

On another vita note playing street fighter v tekken it's a pretty solid fighter so far I'm liking it.
    As someone who plays fighting games with an arcade stick it'll be played sparingly on vita.

Like i said its a handheld console day 1 game. Losing the game marks over how the eyes look is just shocking and comes to show how you have no clue about game design as i am able to make basic games and you will more then likely be giving out about the basic design or my websites as you dont like the design of them.

What hype did it have on the vita ? as far as i can tell there was no hype for it ?

But isn't all 3rd person shooters basically the same in your words .....

I think any fighting game is just shocking after MK on the vita being so boring and such a slow fighter i will not give a fighter another go on the vita as the controls are not made for it. The only fighting games i like are the WWE games as there so much fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

I have 2 x 8gb cards already full on my new vita ( thank you Ps plus). So having looked around, Amazon appear cheapest for memory cards. 32gb @ £40.

Before I make the purchase does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

would you not just delete what you've finished thus allowing you to download something new?
    eg i finished uncharted yesterday. I deleted it straight away to make room for others.
    uncharted stays on my download list as long as im a ps plus member allowing me to redownload should i ever want another fo at it.
    16 gb of games to me seems like a lot of games to be playing all at once.
    This type of memory card management will cut down on backlog as you have finish or cut your losses and delete to move on to your next one.
    And lets face it we all have a stupidly large backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

R.F. wrote: »
    I have 2 x 8gb cards already full on my new vita ( thank you Ps plus). So having looked around, Amazon appear cheapest for memory cards. 32gb @ £40.

Before I make the purchase does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

You could just back up the games you are not playing at the moment to your PS3 or PC/Mac with Content Manager and free up some space on your cards.

would you not just delete what you've finished thus allowing you to download something new?
    eg i finished uncharted yesterday. I deleted it straight away to make room for others.
    uncharted stays on my download list as long as im a ps plus member allowing me to redownload should i ever want another fo at it.
    16 gb of games to me seems like a lot of games to be playing all at once.
    This type of memory card management will cut down on backlog as you have finish or cut your losses and delete to move on to your next one.
    And lets face it we all have a stupidly large backlog.

Are you not going to Ans my reply to you ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are you not going to Ans my reply to you ?

Why are you so tetchy about his review of Uncharted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement