Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread - Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Every man for themself in the 24hour too!

The majority of the desks this morning at 8.30 were 'taken'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Sworn off alcohol in desperate attempts to conserve as many brain cells as possible until after my final exam... parents picked up a slab of Bulmers on offer in Tesco. My own family are peer pressuring me into failure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Please elaborate, we don't get to experience anything fun in the Hamilton. What are we missing out on? :pac:
    It's just the hashtag on twitter for all the library related drama: the fifteen minute rule, desks being reserved, notes being left, discussions on the right to an hour lunch, and arts students trying to figure out where the Hamilton library is.

I just hope all of this doesn't make more people come in early. If I go in at nine tomorrow and all the desks are taken I won't be impressed.

Saw a substantial queue outside BLU at 8.55 this morning. Tis crazy!

Realised I have to wake up at 5am for my next exam. This day could not get any worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

bscm wrote: »
    Realised I have to wake up at 5am for my next exam. This day could not get any worse.

Did your exam yesterday go okay? I'm sure I failed the paper but should pass with labs...

Hollzy wrote: »
    Did your exam yesterday go okay? I'm sure I failed the paper but should pass with labs...

If I'm lucky I passed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Not a great note to start off on >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ten exams for ten huge modules spanning an entire year spaced out over 2-3 weeks.

Why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Ten exams for ten huge modules spanning an entire year spaced out over 2-3 weeks.

Why?

Administrative convenience, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Administrative convenience, perhaps?
    I know that. It's just "Why? :("

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Being finished college with no idea what to do next.

And people constantly asking "Ooh you're finally finished! So what are you doing now?! Better get a real job!"

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Being finished college with no idea what to do next.

And people constantly asking "Ooh you're finally finished! So what are you doing now?! Better get a real job!"

:(

It's quite a challenging time, much more so than during/after the LC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Staff photo of myself will be in work's annual report. Joy..

In the library today. Dead, as you would think. THen along comes Mr. sniffy mcsnifferson and out of the WHOLE of the library he sits in the next row to me.

Sniff. Sniff. SNiff. SNIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF.

Had to move. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Rent has been bumped, looks like I'll have to leave my lovely apartment which I love :(

Larianne wrote: »
    In the library today. Dead, as you would think. THen along comes Mr. sniffy mcsnifferson and out of the WHOLE of the library he sits in the next row to me.

Sniff. Sniff. SNiff. SNIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF.

Had to move. :mad:

In fairness, they probably have hay fever or some other summer allergy, which isn't really just a case of blowing your nose and being done with it.

If you're in a shared place you must expect noise from other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Ravelleman wrote: »
    In fairness, they probably have hay fever or some other summer allergy, which isn't really just a case of blowing your nose and being done with it.

I know we're quite annoying us hayfever folk. But, we can't go anywhere without itchy eyes and blocked noses. :(

SORRY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Got made to feel like utter shit today by the health center receptionist and refused an emergency appointment despite her not even knowing what was wrong. I was so surprised and upset I couldn't even argue. I pretty much never want to go back there, but unfortunately I still need to see a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shopgirl195

Supplementals :(

• Advertisement

Masters dissertation. Serious August AIDS.

Have to ask the nice bank lady for 2,699 yoyos tomorrow... thanks to my obsessive email checking habits, I at least have 2.5 weeks notice of the reg fees due date :/

TSM Exam results have gone onto the portal today. We were originally told they'd be put up there on results day in early June, then told we'd get the results on the noticeboard but they'd be online in early July. It's now mid-August and we've all already got our results through other channels.

Well done, whoever decided this portal was the way to go :pac: It's so badly laid out, I'm so glad it only came in in my final year instead of trying to navigate it for the whole degree :p

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Thon's crazy, we got our (SS) results on the Friday and the breakdown was on the portal by Tuesday! Even though it is fairly academic at this point, it would have annoyed me greatly to have been kept hanging!

I don't know if I can blame the new portal for this, but the calendar seems to suggest that post grads begin registering in two days online, and that the term begins very shortly - still haven't received any info about when to expect to begin, so can't give notice to accommodation office about need to move in early. Three more years of this, but I love it really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Deferred exams cos of illness, they're in 10 days and now I've got tonsillitis and wisdom teeth coming in. Someone kill me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

Phareon wrote: »
    Deferred exams cos of illness, they're in 10 days and now I've got tonsillitis and wisdom teeth coming in. Someone kill me please?

You might be able to get super supp exams, tell your tutor!

Ohh, looking at all the new threads, now I don't want to be finished! :( So jealous of everyone just starting.

Won't miss essays and medieval literature, but damn, I'm gonna miss being in Trinity (I know, I should get out of this forum now :pac:). First September in 18 years that I'm not going to some academic establishment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Are we doing tcd beers this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shopgirl195

Sick for annual exams session and now have six exams in a row. Deep breath - Let the marathon begin. Uh Oh :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Got nothing to do for a month. :/

Advertisement