Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That phone in the prison seems to have control over people. Merl seemed to be under it's spell too taking it with him and hiding it from Daryl.

I almost don't want to know if it's something that played out in the comics. I'm a bit worried it's going to have some spiritual influence and it'll turn into "this was all Gods plan".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

better not turn out like battlestar galactica did with so much of that in it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

did merle not take the phone to use the wire to tie michone's hands?

did merle not take the phone to use the wire to tie michone's hands?
    I think he used bare wire for that, plus why would he hide the phone from Daryl? There was also the thing in the car when he let Michonne go, there was a bit of a moment of Merl talking to someone else and about things to come. Maybe he just meant the war with the governor but there was definitely something going on there. It got weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Really great Walking Dead video. Not sure how to describe it, a montage maybe?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r7QWSvLJNQo

It has clips from all the way up until this week's episode so don't watch if you're not completely up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

How long since poor Carol got some love ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

TheUsual wrote: »
    How long since poor Carol got some love ?

Too long, perhaps she can comfort Daryl....... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Does anybody else think that the Governor's eyepatch resembles an oreo?

Reckon he eats it after it gets eye-goo all over it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

ScumLord wrote: »
    That phone in the prison seems to have control over people. Merl seemed to be under it's spell too taking it with him and hiding it from Daryl.

I almost don't want to know if it's something that played out in the comics. I'm a bit worried it's going to have some spiritual influence and it'll turn into "this was all Gods plan".

The phone represents guilt. In the comics, Rick talks to Lori on the phone because he feels guilty about her death. Merle having the phone was supposed to imply that he's feeling guilt over who he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I watched the last 4 episodes back to back. After what I thought was a bit of a lull after the mid season break, 12, 13, 14, 15 were AWESOME!

That was totally Milhouseton that burned the walkers. Had to be. Noone one else would have used their access to a jeep and fuel like that. Martinez would have, but he knows, and accepts, war is coming, and they're just collateral damage.

Damn it Merle, did you really have to go and get knifed by the Guv? Really? You could easily have taken him down. As I've called it before, Guv kills Merle, Darryl goes on a rampage of crossbow bolts and ass kicking.

Who is next? It's anybodies guess. As per comics
    Rick, Carl, Andrea, Tyresse make it out alive from the prison.
    I don't know if Herschell will die. Real world odds would put him at a disadvantage, but I think they need a sage old character.

I wonder is Alexandria next on the agenda, or will they string the Prison out for another season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'm glad merle went out doing something good. shows he wasn't such a prick after all.

The phone represents guilt. In the comics, Rick talks to Lori on the phone because he feels guilty about her death. Merle having the phone was supposed to imply that he's feeling guilt over who he is.
    I see, it was just strange two people would pick the same object and it seemed to have relayed instructions to Merle. I thought it was pointing to some larger conspiracy. That something was trying to influence the course of play in a god/spirit way.

Who is next? It's anybodies guess. As per comics
    Rick, Carl, Andrea, Tyresse make it out alive from the prison.
    I don't know if Herschell will die. Real world odds would put him at a disadvantage, but I think they need a sage old character.

In the comics, Big Comic
    Tyreese doesn't make it out alive from the prison. The Guv hacks his head off with Michonne's sword

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

In the comics, Big Comic
    Tyreese doesn't make it out alive from the prison. The Guv hacks his head off with Michonne's sword
    I have a bad feeling he'll capture Daryl and do it to him in the tv show :(

daz801 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling he'll capture Daryl and do it to him in the tv show :(

Won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

well that was a very interesting episode!!!!
    seems we havn't seen the end of the gov just yet! but the two guys who survived the "culling" surely won't stick with him seeing as he's completely nuts!

good news: andrea is dead! :D:D woo! poor milton.. he was actually an interesting character!
    27 dead.. bit of a shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Ahh ffs I was on edge with Andrea.
    Less talking and more get the pliers. Right, she's been a pain in the arse all this season, but sad to see her go. At least she went thinking she achieved something.

First time I can think of Michone showing some emotion.

Carl... wtf?

Martínez and the other guy should have manned up and do something with the governor, totally off the rails now.

Here, Carol held Dary's hand for way too long. Looking for some love? :D

Good episode, but the end.... not sure about it, felt like a let down. Now the wait... :(

that was awesome!

didn't think the governor would do what he did, thought for sure martinez would pop him for that.

cant wait for season 4 :)

Okay. I still thought the episode was disappointing but I want to debate something else.

Was Carl right to shoot the kid or not? A friend and I got in an argument over this.

I personally thought Carl was right to shoot him, Carl told him to drop the gun, but he didn't drop it and just slowly walked towards Carl with the gun almost facing Carl.
    He could have easily very quickly turned the gun slightly and killed one of them.
    I liked his speech to Rick too that if they don't deal with problems now, they'll come back to get them later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Seriously that was the worst finale season episode ever, im slightly annoyed it was a good episode but im gob smacked that this is what it lead up to major let down when it ended i was like what thats it ?

Was Carl right to shoot the kid or not? A friend and I got in an argument over this.

No. He was handing his gun over, albeit nervously. Carl just stone cold murdered him for no reason. Although, given the situation they were in, it would have meant someone had to keep an eye on the kid, endangering a one legged man and a baby - so overall, I wouldnt give him too much of a hard time over it.

No. He was handing his gun over, albeit nervously. Carl just stone cold murdered him for no reason. Although, given the situation they were in, it would have meant someone had to keep an eye on the kid, endangering a one legged man and a baby - so overall, I wouldnt give him too much of a hard time over it.

If somebody asks you to drop your gun you drop it. You don't slowly walk towards them with the barrel roughly in their direction.
    If he dropped it straight away Carl probably wouldn't have shot him, but he didn't.

Also, this is for you degrassinoel:
    9kOjOJc.gif

If somebody asks you to drop your gun you drop it. You don't slowly walk towards them with the barrel roughly in their direction.
    If he dropped it straight away Carl probably wouldn't have shot him, but he didn't.

He was just a kid, he was scared, dropping guns can cause them to go off etc.... The main point is, he was holding the gun out to hand it to Carl so he wasnt doing anything bad. But Carl shot him anyway. I think it shows that Carls psyche is disintegrating into that of a cold blooded killer. He showed no remorse afterwards either. He seems to be emotionally broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Really wished they had kept more in line with the comic for the finale, it really would have made for a much better episode. Looks like the prison for the next season as well? Not impressed overall they're dragging the storylines out way to long. I was liking this season but the finale killed it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

THought it was a great episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Waaaay too much negativity over in the TWD Forum, at least here people are backing up their points with reasonable arguments! Haven't bothered posting over there, it'd only be torn to shreds, someone is giving out that Carl looks stupid with the Sheriff hat on ffs.

Yeah, it seems a bit underwhelming as a finale, but it was still a good episode. Sad to see Andrea gone, I know I'm in a small minority here but I hate to see people from the original group dying, even Andrea. It's no wonder Laurie Holden was so testy in interviews about the fans hating her, she knew what was coming!

A few things to look forward to in Season 4:

-I'm excited to see where the Gov will go from here! He doesn't seem as much of a threat without a whole town behind him now but on the other side of the coin, he is a desperate man, so who knows what he is capable of!

-How will the new survivors fit in with the group? Some new faces to freshen things up, let's hope there is another 'Daryl' so to speak, a character that the fans can really enjoy.

-A lot of people are hating the fact that another season will be spent in the prison. Not only is that búllshít as most fans couldn't wait to get to the prison this time last year, but really they've done nothing cool with it bar the episode where T-Dog and Lori died. Will they fortify it? Really lock it down and we might see how well it will stand up to a full on assault or maybe even under siege from a herd of walkers!

-Ricks madness appears to be over. I think we could all agree that's a good thing, but now he has a whole new dynamic between himself and Carl to deal with. That will be interesting.

-Tyreese will have more room to develop and become the central character we all know he can be.

-We might get to see more standalone episodes like the Rick/Carl/Michonne one rather than one long narrative next season as there won't be the constant contrast of Woodbury and the Prison. There may be more road trips and scavenging missions to keep things fresh.

I really don't know what's going to happen next season, but I think that's a good thing. I really thought I had the finale figured out and I was wrong about everything bar Andrea dying, I had a feeling she'd go, but I'm actually glad I hadn't got it all figured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Loves the first half. Rest was just muck to drag out the rest of it.

Surprised with Governor completely losing it. Disappointed that he's still alive, I thought of Martinez would have had some balls and kill him. I can see him coming back in S4 probably.

I was really hoping they would abandon the prison. Seems as all the boring stuff happens there. It was much more exciting when they were on the road. They should have at least had the boring bit in the start and the action for the end.

I'm general disappointed with the whole S3. Might rewatch it when the blue ray copy comes out, but for now pretty ****.

Too much talking. Not enough zombie killing. Seems as whole S4 was about killing each other rather than actually killing zombies.

Hello? Title of the Series? The walking dead or did they change it to the walking governor and I miss it?

deadly picture of the cast for season 4

twds4.jpg

edit: resized

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Loves the first half. Rest was just muck to drag out the rest of it.

Surprised with Governor completely losing it. Disappointed that he's still alive, I thought of Martinez would have had some balls and kill him. I can see him coming back in S4 probably.

I was really hoping they would abandon the prison. Seems as all the boring stuff happens there. It was much more exciting when they were on the road. They should have at least had the boring bit in the start and the action for the end.

I'm general disappointed with the whole S3. Might rewatch it when the blue ray copy comes out, but for now pretty ****.

Too much talking. Not enough zombie killing. Seems as whole S4 was about killing each other rather than actually killing zombies.

Hello? Title of the Series? The walking dead or did they change it to the walking governor and I miss it?

The Walking Dead refers to the survivors, not the zombies. All remaining humans are infected, so technically they are 'dead men walking'...

we-are-the-walking-dead.jpg

Advertisement