Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Vinnie Faherty anytime @ 9/5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Looks like Waterford and Mervue are gonna be two teams to avoid this season, Waterford already seem very unreliable and you never know what you get with Mervue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Looks like Waterford and Mervue are gonna be two teams to avoid this season, Waterford already seem very unreliable and you never know what you get with Mervue.

I like the look of a Wexford Youths/Waterford double (both against Galway oppo.) Am I mad? PP paying a bit over 5/2 on that.

I remain the kiss of death with every public tip. Really need to learn to be quiet.

I remain the kiss of death with every public tip. Really need to learn to be quiet.
    My run had to end sooner or later. Well done to Gavin Shels though, great picks tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

***League of Ireland Bets***

The rain will have affected the pitches badly over here all week, so UNDERS could be game ball in most of the matches if they go ahead.

UCD –v- Dundalk 7.45pm

UCD have started the season as whipping boys and it will most likely continue when Dundalk visit Belfield.

UCD missing 5 of players from their already small squad, while Dundalk just have one absentee from their squad.

Due to the weather and the pitch possibly being in bad nick I’m playing it simple with a Dundalk win.

Dundalk win @ 5/4 (Sporting Bet) LARGE STAKE

Finn Harps –v- Longford 7.45pm

2/1 available on Pinnacle for Finn Harps win is HUGE imo!

Harps have arguably had a harder start to the season than Longford, and Ballybofey is usually a fortress for Harps.

Only one notable injury between the sides and that’s centre half Thomas McBride for Harps, shouldn’t make too much of an impact.

Putting my nose out there and going with Harps win.

Finn Harps win @ 2/1 (Pinnacle) MEDIUM STAKE

Athlone –v- Cobh Ramblers 7.45pm

Athlone are missing two players in that of Coombes (their top goalscorer with 2 goals) and Clancy (experienced midfielder), while Cobh have no injury worries thanks to the returning of 17 year old Kynan Rocks who was in Scotland with the Irish Schools Squad.

Cobh have had 2 big results, first home game they started on fire but a long trip to Donegal last week stopped them (an amateur squad working then travelling 5 hours up to the match the same day was always going to go against them). While Athlone and their small squad have yet to state their title ambitions.

Not much to write on this tbh. I can see this being a scored draw with possibly Cobh snatching it.

BTTS Yes @ 10/11 (Coral) MEDIUM STAKE
    Cobh DNB @ 2/1 (Coral) SMALL STAKE

Fantastic tipping there Gavin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Nice tipping there especially in the graveyard division Shels. I followed you on Finn Harps with DNB. Then late goals in both the LOI games made it another profitable LOI night for myself.

I will re-invest some of the winnings on tomorrows games.

Both teams to score Drogheda vs Bray @ 1.9. Bray have goals in them and Drogheda are still missing defensive players. I can see us edging this one hopefully but will not be backing us.

Also going BTTS in Derry vs Cork @ Evens. Derry have very good attacking options and I don't think Cork, like most teams in the league bar the top two, look solid at the back yet. However they looked dangerous going forward against Bohs.

Two singles and a double @ 3.72

Finally it's hard to see anything but an easy victory for Rovers at Tolka. Shels have been poor so far and there should be too much of a gulf in quality between the teams. Taking a Rovers win @ 1.6 and -1 @ 2.62.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***League of Ireland Bets***

Dundalk win @ 5/4 (Sporting Bet) LARGE STAKE

Finn Harps win @ 2/1 (Pinnacle) MEDIUM STAKE

BTTS Yes @ 10/11 (Coral) MEDIUM STAKE
    Cobh DNB @ 2/1 (Coral) SMALL STAKE

3 winners and a refund on Cobh DNB! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

3 winners and a refund on Cobh DNB! :cool:

Any thoughts on today's matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Rovers should beat Shels, not much value. I like Drogheda at 1.8, Bray aren't bad but I get the feeling they are being overrated this season whereas Drogheda have basically been written off as one season wonders by many. Wouldn't touch Cork v Derry, long away trip and both are decent sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tomhere

On these today.

Drogheda v Bray over 2.5 goals - yes 1.95
    Cork v Derry BTTS - yes 1.95
    Shamrock rovers to win 1.5

Treble at just under 5/1 on betfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Tomhere wrote: »
    On these today.

Drogheda v Bray over 2.5 goals - yes 1.95
    Cork v Derry BTTS - yes 1.95
    Shamrock rovers to win 1.5

Treble at just under 5/1 on betfair.

Did the exact same treble !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tomhere

Cork city could of messed up a few bets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Sorry lads been away all weekend had no time to get on this. Good enough weekend again had a Harps and Dundalk double ( I know I'm aftertiming). This more than covered my 2 losers anyways - Athlone,Wexford and Sligo treble, and Drogheda to win and Cork to draw (feckin' muckers).

Serious value in this league this year. Bookies haven't a clue on how to price the leagues at all. Could of taken 2/1 on Harps I think. Got 8/5 and Dundalk were 5/4. Was lucky I went to local bookies as Ladbrokes had Dundalk at 10/11 and Harps were a good bit shorter as well. Don't think that's down to them knowing the league, I think it's just down to them being tight as usual.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on today's matches?

Woke up late so didn't get to have a proper look before going to Tolka so avoided any bets. Quality, not quantity! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sorry lads been away all weekend had no time to get on this. Good enough weekend again had a Harps and Dundalk double ( I know I'm aftertiming). This more than covered my 2 losers anyways - Athlone,Wexford and Sligo treble, and Drogheda to win and Cork to draw (feckin' muckers).

Serious value in this league this year. Bookies haven't a clue on how to price the leagues at all. Could of taken 2/1 on Harps I think. Got 8/5 and Dundalk were 5/4. Was lucky I went to local bookies as Ladbrokes had Dundalk at 10/11 and Harps were a good bit shorter as well. Don't think that's down to them knowing the league, I think it's just down to them being tight as usual.

Powers are really the only ones who know the league inside out, and belive me I am not being a lick arse when I say that as I don't bet with them regularly.

If you are ever scratching your head where Powers are one price, and another firm are a mile away, you could generally assume Powers will be right and the other firm will be wrong.

Ladbrokes do tend to take one or two teams on some weeks though, some sometimes you will see them go bigger than other firms and it's not because they're stupid. Look at them going 1.7 Rovers early last week and hoovering up all the early money. They took a chance and got the win. As predicted here: http://bohemianfc.com/?p=2984

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Dublin derbies are always tight, I think with the weather it could be a 0-0 classic! :D

Your right Gav the Crack gave me the answers! :-)

Your right Gav the Crack gave me the answers! :-)

I made more appearances on TV than there was decent goal attempts tbh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I made more appearances on TV than there was decent goal attempts tbh! :pac:

:D:D was what I was expecting to be honest. Not your TV appearances but the lack of goal mouth action! I had 0-0 and the draw and even took Shels+1 on the Asian.

Whats the calls this weekend lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Thinking of taking under 2.5 goals goals in the Bohs Sligo game if the odds are decent. I don't see them up yet though.

Elding is evens for an anytime goal this week. He's scored every game so far in the league. Broke the Sligo record for this run only last weekend.

We usually have a tight enough game away to Bohs. Great scoring form so far this season but Bohs aren't letting too many in.

Looking forward to seeing how the team go when Ciaran Djalli who came from Crystal Palace is fully unleashed. The management expect him to be a big player in the league. He's currently getting run outs in the final 15 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's pissing snow in Dublin at the minute and I wouldn't be hopeful of the pitch at the Home of Football taking it very well. No danger of it being called off but Sligo will struggle to play much football on it. It's a ready made excuse if we nick a point but can see it being a 1-0 or 2-0 Sligo.

• Advertisement

I remember there was talk about the pitch there after the Shams game, hopefully it comes through the snow ok. I'm based in Dublin these days myself - was wondering about the snow possible impact looking out at it earlier. I was thinking either 1-1 or 0-1 to Sligo .. having said that our excuse is at the ready :) will be surprised if this has more than 2 goals in it.

***League of Ireland Bet 28/3/13***

LoI fixtures are spread over 3 days this week, with Dundalk hosting Drogheda Utd on Thursday at 7.45 in the Louth Derby.

Dundalk missing just one first teamer, with Drogheda near full strenght with two lesser players out injured.

Dundalk have scored 7 goals in their 5 matches in all competitions this season, with just their first game of the season seeing them fail to score.

Drogheda have scored 16 goals in their 8 matches in all competitions this season, with only one game seeing them fail to score.

BTTS have come in, in the last 3 Dundalk games in the League.

BTTS have come in, in the last 3 Drogs games in the League and 6 out of 8 in all competitions.

All the stats say BTTS, but both sides have quality keepers Cherrie (Dundalk) and Sava (Drogheda). Dundalk have had 5 different goal scorers in their last 4 games while Drogheda have the same stat, so goals can come from everywhere. The quality of the keepers make this bet a MEDIUM bet rather than a LARGE.

Also to note Dundalk have the advantage of the only LoI team that plays on an artificial pitch.

BTTS @ 10/11 (Coral) MEDIUM STAKE.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/premier-league/dundalk-v-drogheda/both-teams-to-score

BTTS @ 10/11 (Coral) MEDIUM STAKE.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Doubt I'll get a LoI write up done, just in the door and in work tomorrow.

Pointers are though:

Finn Harps DNB, lump!
    Athlone win, good bet!
    Bray -v- UCD have never played out a scoreless draw in 31 meetings between the two in all competitions!

Harps, Athone and btts Bray-UCD for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Harps, Athlone, over 2.5 in Bray v UCD and Cork double chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Bit off topic lads but does anyone know if the bookies are open or closed for good Friday.,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble
    Bray game over 2.5 goals 19/20
    Derry 1/2
    Athlone 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Bray vs UCD over 2.5
    Athlone win
    Derry win to nil
    Dordrecht vs Top Oss BTTS

4-fold is around 8/1 ... Also did a single on Derry to win to nil @7/5. Really fancy them to win to nil.

Also did a double of Nothampton and Shamrock Rovers @2/1

Thats it for the night. Hoping for more of this LOI success I've been having lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

as much as it hurts me i can't see sligo not winning the league this year, i know its very early days but there isn't another team that can match them for consistency, so i'm considering putting a bit on sligo at evens, someone please talk me out of it :)

• Advertisement

I'm biased in my view but as you say consistency is there. Can't help with talking you out of it, I'm thinking now is the time to back Sligo for the league too at least for a small stake. Squad depth will only improve when North and N'do come back. D'jalli is yet to come to full fitness as far as i know too. In the past two games Raf has pocketed first goals in the space of first 3 mins most likely with this in mind. He was lit up last night. Nice surprise to see my under 2.5 goals bet go bust. The Edling wincast is becoming the league of Ireland equivalent of the Ballotelli wincast.

Shams have squad depth and should improve on current results. As for Derry and Dundalk I'm not up on their squad depth but two good starts. People piping Cork and Limerick to be a good shot this year. Limerick were very unlucky to come away from the showgrounds with nothing.

I'll most likely throw a small bit down for now and hold off a few weeks to put more down.

Advertisement