Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It's a grey area. I would have my doubts too, but it won't stop them trying to fob you off. European law is on your side, you get a year from the place you buy from, and two years from the manufacturer. Whatever about losing support, the warranty is on the hardware and it's up to them to prove that by installing a custom software, this caused the box to break. Here is the law explained with regard to custom software on phones: http://piana.eu/root

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Yes but the main purpose of these is to install E2 so how can they be void?

They are sold with this idea to the buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Ok guys I've been playing with this for the weekend and have got most things working, everything clearing as it should be. The only thing I'm having problems with is AutoBouquets, when I try to run the plugin I keep getting;
    Execution Progress :

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets/autobouquets_e2.sh : not found

Execution Finished

The file is there though in that exact location when I FTP in and the permission is set to 755. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

screenshot01o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    At one stage I was fully convinced I had a hardware fault, but now Enigma is working perfect. See my post in this very thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82306560&postcount=123
    I am now 100% happy with mine

You can ship the box to me if you wish, I will have a play with it and clone my own Enigma install onto it. I'm in the trade, I will ship it back to you when done, the only expense will be postage (should be about 15 quid each way).

Extremely good of you PMH, and might i add that your previous posts have more than helped me out when i was initially setting up.
    As i can use the ethernet port to record in spark, once this becomes available through enigma i dont intend to use the usb port in anycase so i might hold out for a while.

The enigma image that is installed on it is the latest HDMU, and it works fine, no lag problems initially.
    However if I download and install a new skin, the box seems to grind to a halt. It becomes so laggy that it unusable. ( I have tried several skins including some that others were using on this thread.)

So i have learned to stick with the default. previously I had problems with plugins. I had vlc player/rte player and 3players installed and all were causing the box to crash.
    I decided to install them one at a time, the vlc player works on its own, as do the rte and 3 player. But when they are all installed together they all cause the box to crash. :confused:
    I am using the HDMUimage without an additional drive mounted, so i am not sure if not having enough memory installed could cause this problem.

Again, thanks very much for your offer PMH, i may take you up on it in the near future if i make no further progress

Is there a way to configure the EPG button the remote so that when I press it, it brings up Cool Easy Guide (Multi)?

• Advertisement

Digidol wrote: »
    Is there a way to configure the EPG button the remote so that when I press it, it brings up Cool Easy Guide (Multi)?

Yes, you can configure that in CoolTVGuide settings, but you'll have to edit the keymap.xml to stop the default EPG opening. Why not set CoolTVGuide to long press the EPG button

Yes, you can configure that in CoolTVGuide settings, but you'll have to edit the keymap.xml to stop the default EPG opening. Why not set CoolTVGuide to long press the EPG button

Thanks, just got it sorted! :)

I know I'm probably being annoying now but I'm totally new to this and learning all the time, in Cool Guide the bottom of the screen is slightly cut off (where the colour button options are), how to change the aspect ratio of it or get it to fit properly?

Thanks for all the help!

I know I'm probably being annoying now but I'm totally new to this and learning all the time, in Cool Guide the bottom of the screen is slightly cut off (where the colour button options are), how to change the aspect ratio of it or get it to fit properly?

Thanks for all the help!

I have no idea, did you edit the sizes?

I have no idea, did you edit the sizes?

No I didn't edit anything, the aspect ratio on the channels are fine, its just in the Cool Guide its slightly cut off at the end.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help!

I figured out how to do it, MENU - HDMUCenter - OSD Control and you can change it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

folks do these play xvids, mp4, mkv's etc? and does anyone if there is any enigma2 upnp clients? would like to connect to my xbmc server and see recently added tv shows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭championc

Just to come back on the validity of running E2 on these boxes. I was looking at http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=153 which I assume is the official site. It clearly says

FULL HD DIGITAL RECEIVER & MEDIA PLAYER - DUAL LINUX OS & CONAX EMBEDDED

and in the Description / jpeg poster type thing (http://amikostb.com/content/alien2/body.jpg)

Spark and E2 OS simultaneously stored on the same receiver with easy switching.

And I notice that the likes of satworld.ie also use the same jpeg in their advert so the box is clearly being sold for the purpose of someone installing E2

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

You have to FTP it to the box

In basic laymens terms how do I do this exactly ? (This was regarding uploading a satellites.xml file) Btw it appears I can ftp using Dreambox tools but how do I find the ip address of the box and which directory do I download to and then what ?!

Any very help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Ok guys I've been playing with this for the weekend and have got most things working, everything clearing as it should be. The only thing I'm having problems with is AutoBouquets, when I try to run the plugin I keep getting;

The file is there though in that exact location when I FTP in and the permission is set to 755. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

screenshot01o.jpg

Are you using the version of Autobouquets that Phog mo thoin linked to earlier in this thread?
    The newer 21st Feb 2013 version is not workable on HDMU yet.

givecredit wrote: »
    Are you using the version of Autobouquets that Phog mo thoin linked to earlier in this thread?

I have a newer one working, not the 21st Feb but I no longer get the pop up. I'll upload my folder now. Delete your Autobouquets directory completely and copy across mine

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/PogsAutoBouquets.rar

givecredit wrote: »
    I have a newer one working, not the 21st Feb but I no longer get the pop up. I'll upload my folder now. Delete your Autobouquets directory completely and copy across mine

I installed the version of Autobouquets that was in Phog's tutorial. It's ok now as I realize I don't even particularly want it, I've created my own bouquet in DreamEdit and have my channels in the order I want them :)

Is the only main advantage of AutoBouquets that it automatically updates channel frequencies if they change or if new channels are added?

Is the only main advantage of AutoBouquets that it automatically updates channel frequencies if they change or if new channels are added?

Yes, but you also can change channel using the same channel number as they are on Sky, 101=RTE1, 102=RTE2, 401=Sky Sports1 etc

folks do these play xvids, mp4, mkv's etc? and does anyone if there is any enigma2 upnp clients? would like to connect to my xbmc server and see recently added tv shows etc.

In spark you can easily set up and connect to a server or network share,
    through spark i can stream and play .avi, and .mkv i am not sure about xvid, some mp4 will not play for me in spark.

On the enigma side, I have HDMU image installed. Through the media player on this I can stream via upnp .avi and .mp4, i am having difficulty viewing .mkv over upnp.

there is also a vlc player plugin for the HDMU image, i have not managed to configure this correctly yet to work with my network share but i imagine once configured properly it will play all file types for you.

note I am not exactly sure what a xbmc server is so apologies if this response does not apply or help you.

championc wrote: »
    Just to come back on the validity of running E2 on these boxes. I was looking at http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=153 which I assume is the official site. It clearly says

FULL HD DIGITAL RECEIVER & MEDIA PLAYER - DUAL LINUX OS & CONAX EMBEDDED

and in the Description / jpeg poster type thing (http://amikostb.com/content/alien2/body.jpg)

Spark and E2 OS simultaneously stored on the same receiver with easy switching.

And I notice that the likes of satworld.ie also use the same jpeg in their advert so the box is clearly being sold for the purpose of someone installing E2

I am glad to see that some people are of the same opinion as myself on this one.
    I think i will get back to them voice my concerns again.
    It was eiretv that i bought with however i think they are one and the same as satworld.ie

• Advertisement

I have added my Alien as Live TV source in XBMC (needs latest version Frodo) and have all the channel bouquets. It's a little clunky and is not 100% quality, but it's very functional. They take a few seconds to open so it's not ideal, but perfect for a second device. I'm going to investigate further it some time and get it setup (modded) better as there is a wealth of info online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭championc

I am glad to see that some people are of the same opinion as myself on this one.
    I think i will get back to them voice my concerns again.
    It was eiretv that i bought with however i think they are one and the same as satworld.ie

Different address and different price so I would expect different.

However, they are using the same Amiko JPG advert which clearly says that the receiver is for "Spark and E2 OS".

I would understand if we were doing E2 by in some way Hacking the original box and copying E2 over the top of Spark. Or if someone found a way of installing Android or Windows 8. But the box is clearly built for dual OS's, it not only clearly states that dual is supported but you are also running the actual OS's that they specify the box is capable of running.

championc wrote: »
    Different address and different price so I would expect different.

However, they are using the same Amiko JPG advert which clearly says that the receiver is for "Spark and E2 OS".

I would understand if we were doing E2 by in some way Hacking the original box and copying E2 over the top of Spark. Or if someone found a way of installing Android or Windows 8. But the box is clearly built for dual OS's, it not only clearly states that dual is supported but you are also running the actual OS's that they specify the box is capable of running.

On my invoice from Eiretv, the contact email address is @satworld.ie
    And this is who i have been in contact with since re my order. So i am pretty sure they are the same. There is very little price difference once the different postal charges are applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Is this the version that takes 2 mins to complete and runs in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone having consistent picture freeze every five or ten minutes? Its like a picture judder freezes momentarily then continues.

listermint wrote: »
    Anyone having consistent picture freeze every five or ten minutes? Its like a picture judder freezes momentarily then continues.

You using it for card sharing?

You using it for card sharing?

No its not a server. Client though

No its not a server. Client though

That's what I meant, is this freeze you experience happening on free channels? I get the very odd freeze on mine as client, a simple change up and down channel fixes it.

That's what I meant, is this freeze you experience happening on free channels? I get the very odd freeze on mine as client, a simple change up and down channel fixes it.

Yes this fixes too. Never seen this on my vu. I was thinking it may be related to card size with dynamic pause and record. Or dish angle quality snr.

• Advertisement

Yes this fixes too. Never seen this on my vu. I was thinking it may be related to card size with dynamic pause and record. Or dish angle quality snr.

I think it's more a bug, unlike the VU, everything must be hacked to make Enigma work on the hardware in this box. It's still early days but it is improving day by day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement