Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I always found it a chore to get back out of there from any of the marlay gigs though, regardless

Getting there should be easier at least, considering that it's a day long thing, so people will be arriving at different times. Similar to how much easier it is/was to get to Oxegen than it is for a one off show in Punchestown.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    Good tbh, out before last bus home, lots of things will be happening in town (dj sets from artists etc) then back again in the morning.

Will keep ticket costs down too.

Yea depending if there is anything happening back in town id say ill just stay with my cousins in Rathfarnam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

It be lovely if this was a non generic festival with an original line-up that took a few risks. Of course it won't be because of it's ties to Latitude, it will more than likely be full of them hipster type, adored by Pitchfork bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

lucky i live in knocklyon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

For those worried about FF, POD just announced it's going ahead:

https://www.facebook.com/PODPresents/posts/433149473428428

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    lucky i live in knocklyon

Open to debate :D

According to an article in the Times there will be no camping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

With Lattitude not being announced until March.. would they be the same lineups? :/

bennyl10 wrote: »
    With Lattitude not being announced until March.. would they be the same lineups? :/

Id say we might get a few different acts because we wont have to worry with things like UK or England exclusives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd say we'll have bigger bands as well. No way would some of the previous Latitude line ups be able to play Marley Park.

• Advertisement

I'd say we'll have bigger bands as well. No way would some of the previous Latitude line ups be able to play Marley Park.

That's what I was thinking aswell. The acts at Longitude last year would hardly have sold out the tent that was at Marlay park for recent years.

Yea id say they are just using the similar name because Latitude is an already established name etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nick Cave will have to be at it....surely!

Mushy wrote: »
    Nick Cave will have to be at it....surely!

ugh does he have to

• Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ugh does he have to

Hope so, great showman with great songs.

ugh does he have to

Ahh sure, ya probably won't go anyway.

Ahh sure, ya probably won't go anyway.

Ahh sure yabno I probably will. Wiuld love to especially after Werchter and Bruce.. would top off July lovely. I'd just love to have a more mixed lineup.. leave oxegen for the dance/pop ****e and have this as an eclectic fest with rock.

Doesn't there usually be a few leaks of some bands playing before the official announcement of a festival? hard to imagine what kind of a line-up this will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

hope we get some kasabian, arctic monkeys, beady eye, jake bugg and tame impala

Only leak so far that i've seen is MMOTHS. I'd imagine the lineup will be on par with the likes of Forbidden Fruit / Body & Soul

Would that sell well if it was just like FF for example , i know MCD would be able to get bigger acts but what sized acts that would suit FF (if they had the budget) would be able to sell a massive chunk of the 30,000 or so capacity of Marlay Park
    ricero wrote: »

Not sure KAsabian are touring this summer , AM and Bugg very possible , Tame Impala are doing their own gig in August and imo Beady Eye can f**k right off :D:D:D (Just my opinion)

• Advertisement

Yeah Beady Eye were so snoozy at Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

ricero wrote: »

tinie tempah you mean?

tinie tempah you mean?

There's a band called Tame Impala. The others ricero named are bad enough without adding Tinie Tempah to the mix

Well it depends on the setup the use, I don't think they'll just have 1 stage and try and flog 30,000 tickets, i'd say it's gonna be 2 or 3 stages and i'd be surprised if they use the whole 30,000 capacity. Wednesday will tell all!
    Ah yea id say they will have at least 2 stages. Would be cool if they did what they do a some european festivals(eg Pinkpop) with not having the main stage clash with the 2nd . Would be great to have a small stage like the BBC introducing they have at UK festivals but with all irish acts. Ah yea looking forward to wed but not getting my hopes up just incase i dont approve of the line uo:p
    tinie tempah you mean?

These guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Only remembering this now but Lovebox was held in Marlay Park a few years back. I was supposed to go to it but plans fell through.

Lovebox was a day festival with multiple stages and no camping. Also it was based on a successful UK festival and according to wikipedia it was promoted by MCD. So it looks like Longitude is really just a rehash of an old MCD idea!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebox_Dublin

That being said I do hope Longitude is a success.

Does anyone have any memories of Lovebox and how Marlay Park faired as a festival style venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

lc180 wrote: »
    Only remembering this now but Lovebox was held in Marlay Park a few years back. I was supposed to go to it but plans fell through.

Lovebox was a day festival with multiple stages and no camping. Also it was based on a successful UK festival and according to wikipedia it was promoted by MCD. So it looks like Longitude is really just a rehash of an old MCD idea!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebox_Dublin

That being said I do hope Longitude is a success.

Does anyone have any memories of Lovebox and how Marlay Park faired as a festival style venue?

I was there, forgot about that one. It faired grand, from what I recall there was a main stage and a smaller one in a tent. I would wager this will be something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

was the announcement not meant for this morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

jossnjuice wrote: »
    was the announcement not meant for this morning??

No, tomorrow, the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Melt Festival in Germany announced its line-up. Its the same weekend as Latitude & Longitude. Same style of festival too so possible that a few of the acts might appear tomorrow on the lineup for Marlay Park.

All confirmed acts so far

Alt-J | Azealia Banks | Bambounou | Julio Bashmore | Barnt | Ben UFO | James Blake | Chvrches | Dan Deacon | Daughter | Marcel Dettmann | Disclosure | Django Django | DJ Koze | Eats Everything | Everything Everything | Ellen Allien | Fantastic Mr Fox | Flying Lotus | Function | Get Physical Special feat. Andhim, Catz 'N Dogz, M.A.N.D.Y., Smash TV (live), Wankelmut | Henrik Schwarz & Band | James Holden | Joy Orbison | Karenn | Kettcar | King Krule | Ben Klock | Laing | Christian Löffler | Modeselektor & Apparat (DJ-Set) | Mount Kimbie | Miss Kittin (live) | Mykki Blanco | The Knife | Oliver Koletzki | Markus Kavka | Owen Pallett | Purity Ring | Rebel Rave @ Big Wheel feat. Art Department, Jamie Jones, Damian Lazarus u.a. | Roosevelt | Rudimental | Ry/Frank Wiedemann | SBTRKT (DJ-Set) | Schwarzmann (live) | Scuba | Shields | Sinkane | Solomun | Swim Deep | The 1975 | Todd Terje & Lindstrøm live | Otto Von Schirach | Woodkid | Zebra Katz and many more to be announced..

Sorry for the copy and paste.....

• Advertisement

I noticed The Knife stick out of that Melt line-up and nothing else mattered

Advertisement