Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh god. I just read back to the start of this this thread and my last pregnancy.

:eek:

That was a bad idea. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    In an odd way Im relieved, because Im still so early I was afraid my lack of symptoms was an indication of the worst!
    I never thought I'd be grateful to be sick, lol!

Im delighted to hear your scan went so well, and you've reminded me to book mine! Did you get a pic? :-) Will you get a 3D/4D scan? I really want to get one done but must suss where to get them in cork.

Yep, got a few pics and it looks like a proper little person. It's amazing. We're having a little boy which was a bit of a surprise, was convinced it was a girl. Girls are supposed to make you sicker, can you imagine how bad I would have been if I was having a girl?! :eek:

Not going to do a 3D scan because we saw so much yesterday, if she hadn't been able to tell the gender or it wasn't so definite we would have got one but we're happy enough with what we saw. Also, I've volunteered for two studies so will get two more free extra scans from the hospital as part of it which is fab. You should definitely get one done - see what is causing you all the trouble :)

Oh, did I say anything to you before about the dentist? I can't remember. I have to get some fillings because of getting sick so much. The baby is taking the nutrients from my teeth as well, the little divil :eek: Just wanted to give you a head up that if you are a puker it may be a good idea to go to the dentist when it eases up a bit to see if any damage has been done. The dentist says the enamel will start to recover but the cavities won't magically fill themselves :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Had my scan today. I'm 31 weeks this week and they said I'm measuring at 32 weeks
    This pleases me and worries me. I can go in a week earlier but my baba could be massive.
    She reckons 7-8lb on delivery day!! And babas head is down and has been for few weeks am happy bout that
    Also there was glucose present again and high blood pressure
    So gotta keep resting every so often (which I'm not good at)
    Least I know what size clothes to be buying

Had my scan today. I'm 31 weeks this week and they said I'm measuring at 32 weeks
    This pleases me and worries me. I can go in a week earlier but my baba could be massive.
    She reckons 7-8lb on delivery day!! And babas head is down and has been for few weeks am happy bout that

To me, that sounds like a good thing. Hopefully you'll just go a bit earlier than you thought rather than have a massive baby later :) Not knowing due dates is a bit of a pain though, isn't it? I wish you could book an appointment with the baby and say "you will arrive on this day" and it would have to do it!

Were they worried about the glucose much or just enough to tell you to rest? I've had a few episodes of being told to rest completely and I know it's harder than you think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My first was 7lb5. It's a good healthy size, roughly newborn in most things, though Debenhams sizes are a little smaller and other companies like Gap are a bit bigger (I didn't buy these for a newborn, they were given as gifts!)

• Advertisement

If I hadnt had the GTT test done last month they would be annoying me about it but I got the all clear there so they gotta just accept I'm odd!
    Yea am thinking baby will be here before April 10th :)
    That makes me smile a lot. Some women have to wait what am sure feels like forever passed due date
    I cant wait that long at all. Am gonna stock up on baby clothes now this week and next week

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

7-8lbs is a good weight i am been told high 8lbs + but they wont change my dates and consultant wouldn't tell me what weight he is now at 33 weeks she just said we're looking at a good 8lbs + close to due date. Gp tells me im measuring about a week to 10 days ahead of due date. Needless to say i haven't bought any new born stuff. everything is 0-3months. I met a women in the coombe yesterday with her grand-daughter she was waiting on her daughter, the baby was 6 days old and she was 7lb 5 born and she reckons she wont last much longer than a week in her new born babygrows. She was a gorgeous little thing.
    At first i was think im afraid to have a big baby but i suppose you have to think they will be sturdy and you might not be as nervous holding them etc. :) that's the way im thinking anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I wouldn't rely on them getting the size right!!!! The consultant measured by baby when deciding if it could be turned and said would be min 9lbs at 40 weeks... She was 6lb 5oz!!
    She was in newborn for 6-8 weeks then into 0-3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

During my 20week scan I was told baby was measuring 5days early. I don't know whether that means it might come early or whether it's just bigger. Sticking with the original dates so I wont be disappointed if I don't go early.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

ok so just found out my mam wont be here around my due date, she has to go away for a week :( neither will my best friend(godmother) who's bf is taking her to newyork for her birthday :( really disappointed even tho ill prob go over and both of them will be back but its just a little disheartning..

• Advertisement

yeah I'm enjoying the fact the baby will be sturdy I know its strong its well able to make me jump!!
    I had a long day yesterday and was upset after my appointment not because of medical things but because I and hubby said we didnt wanna know what we were having and I went to the appointment on my own and the doctor blabbed what I'm having so I spent the day wondering if I should tell hubby or not and by the time I picked him up from work I had to tell him I hide nothing from him. Course I cried telling him and I thought he would be annoyed but he wasnt he was upset for me cause now I know and dont get the surprise he's getting at the birth so she's made the next 9 weeks longer for me I'v to make sure not to let it slip to hubby and not let anyone know I know cause they'll keep at me and I want me and hubby to know first!
    I'm still upset today I feel like I'v a secret and I know that sounds stupid but things aren't as I'd planned at all now. I struggled when I got out from the appointment all the women (one of them my friend from school, due a week after me) asked if I found out and I didnt know what to do I just said no and near ran out the door. I still cant buy the colours that are appropriate I hate this feel so let down! but I will NOT let hubby find out not gonna ruin it for him. Bless him and been upset for me, they really can surprise ya I thought he would flip!! This aint helping my blood pressure :P

missymad wrote: »
    ok so just found out my mam wont be here around my due date, she has to go away for a week :( neither will my best friend(godmother) who's bf is taking her to newyork for her birthday :( really disappointed even tho ill prob go over and both of them will be back but its just a little disheartning..

Poor you, I'd feel the same. Does your mum definitely have to go on the trip? Hopefully you'll go late anyway and everyone will be around.
    yeah I'm enjoying the fact the baby will be sturdy I know its strong its well able to make me jump!!
    I had a long day yesterday and was upset after my appointment not because of medical things but because I and hubby said we didnt wanna know what we were having and I went to the appointment on my own and the doctor blabbed what I'm having so I spent the day wondering if I should tell hubby or not and by the time I picked him up from work I had to tell him I hide nothing from him. Course I cried telling him and I thought he would be annoyed but he wasnt he was upset for me cause now I know and dont get the surprise he's getting at the birth so she's made the next 9 weeks longer for me I'v to make sure not to let it slip to hubby and not let anyone know I know cause they'll keep at me and I want me and hubby to know first!
    I'm still upset today I feel like I'v a secret and I know that sounds stupid but things aren't as I'd planned at all now. I struggled when I got out from the appointment all the women (one of them my friend from school, due a week after me) asked if I found out and I didnt know what to do I just said no and near ran out the door. I still cant buy the colours that are appropriate I hate this feel so let down! but I will NOT let hubby find out not gonna ruin it for him. Bless him and been upset for me, they really can surprise ya I thought he would flip!! This aint helping my blood pressure :P

Can't believe they blabbed like that! Don't be upset, it was still a surprise for you and your hubby, just a little bit earlier. :) Anyway, they can only tell to an 85% accuracy on scans so it's not definite anyway. I wouldn't be rushing out to buy certain colours of clothes even if you did want to know. I know a girl who was told the wrong sex and then had a surprise in the end anyway :) (she was told girl and had a little boy)

Are you sure you won't feel better if you tell your husband? I know you didn't want it but you might feel a bit better if the secret is shared and then it'll be like this really nice thing that you both know but nobody else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Aw you poor thing! I, like you, don't want to know. I think the sonographer let it slip one day but I am 'pretending' she didn't. I have blocked it out of my mind and as far as I am concerned I am having a surprise.
    Could you do this? If anyone asks you-you are having a surprise-it's no one's business anyways and people have a bit of a nerve to ask (not that it stops them!!)
    Stay with buying neutrals-which is what you were always going to do-change nothing!

I would love nothing more than to tell him and he even said I could tell him but I said no that he can still have it the way we planned and I could see the relief on his face! I know I couldn't do this to him.
    Whats 9 weeks more, as you say she might have been wrong in the end. One of the women there was due yesterday and for the last two appointments the same doc has been trying to tell her what she's having! She's a nut job

wicklori wrote: »
    Aw you poor thing! I, like you, don't want to know. I think the sonographer let it slip one day but I am 'pretending' she didn't. I have blocked it out of my mind and as far as I am concerned I am having a surprise.
    Could you do this? If anyone asks you-you are having a surprise-it's no one's business anyways and people have a bit of a nerve to ask (not that it stops them!!)
    Stay with buying neutrals-which is what you were always going to do-change nothing!

For Hubbys sake nothing will change at all we have everything picked out already and I'm not changing it now!
    Everyone now a days seems to think ya should find out and two of my cousins have so I should be the same in there eyes.

Are you sure she wasn't just saying him/her or she/he because it's nicer than saying it? If they just referred the baby using those terms than I would take that with a pinch of salt. Some doctrs/sonographers use one gender terms to refer to baby because it's easier.

If she didn't say "it is a girl/boy" then I'd be thinking she may not have even told you!

As you say, 9 weeks isn't too long to wait either :)

missymad wrote: »

It can make you feel lonely, I have absolutely no friends and family that can be there when I have the baby so I know the feeling. I only have my partner, but if the baby comes early and my son isn't at his nan's down the country, he will have to mind him and I will literally be completely alone in the hospital. It is really scary to have to think like that.

On Synyster, that's horrible. I would hate to find out if I didn't want to. And it probably feels like a huge dirty secret to you. xxx

My partner will be going to my scan with me in March, the anomaly one, and he is trained to read animal sonograms so he is thinking at a particular angle he probably will be well able to read it, and we are discussing now if he does find out what to do. I'd like the surprise at the end of it all, but at the same time, I would probably just get him to tell me. We're the same, we hate secrets.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Are you sure she wasn't just saying him/her or she/he because it's nicer than saying it? If they just referred the baby using those terms than I would take that with a pinch of salt. Some doctrs/sonographers use one gender terms to refer to baby because it's easier.

If she didn't say "it is a girl/boy" then I'd be thinking she may not have even told you!

As you say, 9 weeks isn't too long to wait either :)

She said "you know its a ******** then" and when she seen my face she kept saying sorry!! :(

She said "you know its a xxxxxx then" and when she seen my face she kept saying sorry!! :(

What a bitch! That's awful. You think she would have some sensitivity about it.

I just found out I'm having a boy. I had to ask the sonographer and she said are you sure you want to know before she told us. I don't think she would have even offered to tell us unless we asked.

wolfpawnat wrote: »

On Synyster, that's horrible. I would hate to find out if I didn't want to. And it probably feels like a huge dirty secret to you. xxx

My partner will be going to my scan with me in March, the anomaly one, and he is trained to read animal sonograms so he is thinking at a particular angle he probably will be well able to read it, and we are discussing now if he does find out what to do. I'd like the surprise at the end of it all, but at the same time, I would probably just get him to tell me. We're the same, we hate secrets.

It's hard to know and not tell so I think you and him will prob know at the same time. I'm just hell bent on not ruining it for hubby cause he's been so stern on not known since we found out I was pregnant and we had gotten this far I didnt see the point in him known too. I gotta grin and bare it!!

• Advertisement

My hubby is in no way trained to read scans but he said he knew it was a boy before she told us, he could see the manly area - so definitely prepare that if it is a boy he will probably see, depending on how clear the scan is!

What a bitch! That's awful. You think she would have some sensitivity about it.

I just found out I'm having a boy too. I had to ask the sonographer and she said are you sure you want to know before she told us. I don't think she would have even offered to tell us unless we asked.

Most wont tell you now a days I dont know why she's so eager to spill..
    Gotta make sure hubby dont see this......might edit that post me thinks

Most wont tell you now a days I dont know why she's so eager to spill..
    Gotta make sure hubby dont see this......might edit that post me thinks

I'll edit mine than too :)

Everyone I've told is really surprised that I found out. I thought most people had a surprise. We had our own reasons for finding out and I'm really glad we did but I understand why people don't want to.

I'll edit mine than too :)

Everyone I've told is really surprised that I found out. I thought most people had a surprise. We had our own reasons for finding out and I'm really glad we did but I understand why people don't want to.

Think been its our first and I was told most my teen-adult life I wouldnt have a baby without IVF and it happened by surprise and we wanted this to be the added surprise! but I'm so happy its what it is but had it been the other sex I would have been just as happy
    Just want to share the joy with him at the birth rather than been 9 steps ahead so to speak

I just found out I'm having a boy. I had to ask the sonographer and she said are you sure you want to know before she told us. I don't think she would have even offered to tell us unless we asked.
    With my son, our sonographer never even mentioned it. She noted the dates were wrong and cursed CUMH for another fúck up (apparently they are more common than I thought) And gave us the proper dates, showed us that everything was perfect, the head, etc, but she had the screen to her initially so she knew but made sure we didn't. I am sure if I asked she'd have told me, but most people don't want to know.
    My hubby is in no way trained to read scans but he said he knew it was a boy before she told us, he could see the manly area - so definitely prepare that if it is a boy he will probably see, depending on how clear the scan is!

Well if your little fella was going A La Statue of David it would probably hard to miss:D We're not sure we want to know, but part of me does too, because I'd rather know should I drag my son's old clothes across Ireland or not, or should I look in sales for cheap girls clothes for next winter. But since I have nearly everything for a baby in general, getting girls clothes isn't too much of a deal, but still. I dunno.
    Most wont tell you now a days I dont know why she's so eager to spill.

Yes, I mean does she take pleasure in being the one to tell people? I dunno, I won't be pretty peeved, I mean if she accidentally said "There's her/his head" then froze, that is one thing, these things happen, but to say it out like that, that's horrible.

It was very statue of David - he's a fine pair on him! Ha Ha (oh god, I'm a terrible mother already). If you've been sick and lost weight from it (I'm presuming you have given you were also a pukemonster!) then the scans are easier to see so you might see something!

Sure, see how you feel closer to the time. It does make sense to find out for a lot of reasons but you need to go with your gut!

It was very statue of David - he's a fine pair on him! Ha Ha (oh god, I'm a terrible mother already). If you've been sick and lost weight from it (I'm presuming you have given you were also a pukemonster!) then the scans are easier to see so you might see something!

Sure, see how you feel closer to the time. It does make sense to find out for a lot of reasons but you need to go with your gut!

I am starting to think another boy. At first I thought girl, but my son keeps saying he (he's not 4 yet, but he is weird with some of the things he seems to know) but that he would like a sister, but a brother is okay too, and I dreamt last night it was a boy. We have one girls name (the one we chose 4 years ago) and two boys names so it's all good regardless. I have another 6 weeks to my scan so who knows, position alone (Like with you) may answer the question for us. I am still really nauseous in the mornings, I keep retching, but the random simultaneous vomiting and accidentally peeing myself (yes I was doing that!!!!) has stopped thank goodness.

I am starting to think another boy. At first I thought girl, but my son keeps saying he (he's not 4 yet, but he is weird with some of the things he seems to know) but that he would like a sister, but a brother is okay too, and I dreamt last night it was a boy. We have one girls name (the one we chose 4 years ago) and two boys names so it's all good regardless. I have another 6 weeks to my scan so who knows, position alone (Like with you) may answer the question for us. I am still really nauseous in the mornings, I keep retching, but the random simultaneous vomiting and accidentally peeing myself (yes I was doing that!!!!) has stopped thank goodness.

Oh my god!! I thought I was the only one with the retching and random tiny weeing of myself. I'm still getting sick and I always have to pee first while retching and then get sick when I'm done. I was just thinking last night I was like an old woman. You've already had a baby as well, this is my first - what's my excuse for the peeing?!!

Cute that your son has an inkling - I bet he's right!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Awh Synster Shadow that was really awful and not very professional for them to tell you. We found out but we asked sonographer to write sex down at 21 wk scan in early Nov and we sealed the envelope and opened it Xmas morning it was so exciting, but during that time i had a dream that i was in hosp and nurse let slip to me what i was having and i was very disappointed even tho we were going to find out, in the dream I hadn't opened the envelope and that's the way we wanted to do it, i was really really angry annoyed and upset and even for the day or two after the dream i actually felt like i'd been told so i can only imagine how you must have felt, turns out that what the nurse told me in my dream was what we are having :)
    Like the other posters said the sex is not 100% and people have had surprises and when we found out i was still a tad reluctant to buy anything colour specific until after my consultants appt when she double checked and confirm the sex. but we had told her we knew so she start showing us on the scan how they tell. We are so happy to know but i completely understand and respect peoples decision not to find out. Here's hoping the next 9 weeks fly for you xx

• Advertisement

Oh my god!! I thought I was the only one with the retching and random tiny weeing of myself. I'm still getting sick and I always have to pee first while retching and then get sick when I'm done. I was just thinking last night I was like an old woman. You've already had a baby as well, this is my first - what's my excuse for the peeing?!!

Cute that your son has an inkling - I bet he's right!
    I gave birth by c-section so down below should not have been affected, though I have noticed this time I can not do pelvic floor muscle exercises as well, so I may need to set reminders on my phone to practise them more, they may help me. But yes, I find I am peeing before I ever do anything that will take more than a few minutes so if I do retch, I won't pee. It's never a lot, just a bit, but still, I am in my 20's, that is something my 92 year old nan with 14 kids doesn't do!

Yeah, kids know things we don't, so I'll go with him on this. Only thing is the two names, my partner came up with them and I love them, we just can't decide. The joys of impending parenthood.

You must feel so crappy still being sick. Tomorrow I am 16 weeks so I am still in the "sick zone". You are well past it now. xx

Advertisement