Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

aliise wrote: »
    putting my order in later today for the 10.1 cube u30gt

has anybody got one? for daughter from the man in red....mostly for videos, gaming, music etc....
    going to buy it from ingadget.co.uk

http://ingadget.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=54

i know i can get it cheaper direct from china but these guys take all the chinese stuff off it etc, not into tech stuff so wouldnt be into doing it myself.

also does anybody have the mini 7inch version of it as am thinking of getting it for my younger son. can i use parcel motel with ingadget?

my cube mini is being delivered tomorrow. The dhl van 'broke down' on friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

my cube mini is being delivered tomorrow. The dhl van 'broke down' on friday evening

great, make sure you let me know what it's like. Can i ask where you bought it from?? and how long from payment to receiving it? have found the 10 inch version a lot cheaper on other sites but coming from china, hong kong etc , just don't know where to buy it from now!! at least with ingadget.co.uk i know it's coming from uk and they say they remove everything chinese from it and update it to uk settings etc. as i said i am not into technical stuff etc, so would not have the slightest clue how to do all of that myself.

great, make sure you let me know what it's like. Can i ask where you bought it from?? and how long from payment to receiving it? have found the 10 inch version a lot cheaper on other sites but coming from china, hong kong etc , just don't know where to buy it from now!! at least with ingadget.co.uk i know it's coming from uk and they say they remove everything chinese from it and update it to uk settings etc. as i said i am not into technical stuff etc, so would not have the slightest clue how to do all of that myself.

Ordered mine on the 9th of this month but it didn't leave Hong Kong until Wednesday morning. Arrived in cork at 8:30 Thursday. Customs wanted 20.88 vat. Went from cork to Dublin Thursday evening and was down in Shannon Friday morning.

I ordered off aliexpress.com

this was the seller >> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/100712

And link to cube mini >>
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/607813377.html

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

About to order now as getting a few for Christmas from Hongkongeek. Which is the better option, the Ainol Hero 10.1 or the Cube U30GT 10.1?

Thanks in advance folks

any update on the cube mini ?? :D

• Advertisement

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    About to order now as getting a few for Christmas from Hongkongeek. Which is the better option, the Ainol Hero 10.1 or the Cube U30GT 10.1?

Thanks in advance folks

Anyone? Trying to order tonight...Cant decide whether or not to go for chinese seller or UK for the extra bit of money...Much appreciated any guidance folks

Very impressed with my cube mini so far.

Once i get jellybean on it I will do a full review

Anyone? Trying to order tonight...Cant decide whether or not to go for chinese seller or UK for the extra bit of money...Much appreciated any guidance folks

hi, i emailed ingadget.co.uk to ask their opinion on which 1 is better and dan replied saying the ainol hero is better, said it's the best chinese tab he has played with yet. Same as you i am trying to decide between the 2, i think for the extra i am just going to buy from them. what other uk suppliers were you looking at?

hi, i emailed ingadget.co.uk to ask their opinion on which 1 is better and dan replied saying the ainol hero is better, said it's the best chinese tab he has played with yet. Same as you i am trying to decide between the 2, i think for the extra i am just going to buy from them. what other uk suppliers were you looking at?

Haven't found them on another UK one, have you? Yea thinking the Ainol myself....Need to get a 7 inch too...what one is the one to go for for under 100?

Just after installing a jellybean ROM on my cube mini. I can't fault it. Great value for money. Would definitely recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just after installing a jellybean ROM on my cube mini. I can't fault it. Great value for money. Would definitely recommend it

Can you enligiten those of us that are considering a "ROM" ?

i got the rom from here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?2116-NEW-900-Supersport-1-1-Jelly-Bean-rooted-ROM-for-Cube-U30GT-Mini

just download the 280meg file and unzip to desktop and follow the instructions in the link above.

Haven't found them on another UK one, have you? Yea thinking the Ainol myself....Need to get a 7 inch too...what one is the one to go for for under 100?

i need to get a 7 inch too. i emailed futeko, they are in uk, and simon there said he would recommend the novo crystal for the 7 inch but did say they will be getting all quad core ainols in at the beginning of december, which will be much better and faster...... pricing should be around £125 he said.

i dont know what to do :( need them for xmas eve anyway so need to make a decision

have found this seller in limerick

http://www.adverts.ie/shops/droid-slates-accessories/ still works out dearer than ingadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Got THIS ONE from Hongkonggeek for 7 year old..
    ordered on 23rd Oct, wasn't in any rush for it so chose post as opposed to courier, total cost 49.11 euro. arrived yesterday.

Is a grand little tablet, especially for the price, has Play Store etc, put Angry birds and Kindle app on it last night.. very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

have found this seller in limerick

http://www.adverts.ie/shops/droid-slates-accessories/ still works out dearer than ingadget

Would think he is just ordering them in from China, when you look to buy one. And adding on a few bob for his trouble of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

What's the average custom price or does it depend on the package (size etc)?
    I thought I remembered a few pages back some saying it's around €30

So I finally got the dreaded customs letter (stung me for €36) but on the plus news my package finally arrived in Ireland!

Ordered end of September, was dispatched intially around 10th October and finally left China at the begining of this month so it's been a long journey but should have it tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mylina wrote: »
    ordered on 23rd Oct, wasn't in any rush for it so chose post as opposed to courier, total cost 49.11 euro. arrived yesterday.

Is a grand little tablet, especially for the price, has Play Store etc, put Angry birds and Kindle app on it last night.. very happy with it.

And they pay back any VAT/DUTY that has to be paid

http://www.hongkongeek.com/content/8-CUSTOMS-DUTY-FREE-VAT-PAID-BACK

Is the OP Tablet the same tablet you ordered but from a different site and for more or less the same price?

Might order a couple more of them (from HKG) as christmas pressies though with Christmas post I'm worried about delays so may chance the courier.
    vicwatson wrote: »

Ah should have ordered from hongkongeek instead of McBub as not only was that fast shipping compared to what mine took and that Duty back offer would have been very handy for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

They were cute enough.. parcel was marked as a photo frame, with value of $15 :D:D
    Is the OP Tablet the same tablet you ordered but from a different site and for more or less the same price?

Might order a couple more of them (from HKG) as christmas pressies though with Christmas post I'm worried about delays so may chance the courier.

Ah should have ordered from hongkongeek instead of McBub as not only was that fast shipping compared to what mine took and that Duty back offer would have been very handy for me!

I think with the courier (they use DHL) you have more chance of being nabbed for customs....
    Edit: but it makes no odds, because they will refund you anyway..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

My android stick from McBub is in the Dublin mail center, does that mean it's passed customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Not just yet, you will either get an status 'item sent to customs' or 'item on route to customer'.

Probably the second one.

They were cute enough.. parcel was marked as a photo frame, with value of $15 :D:D

I think with the courier (they use DHL) you have more chance of being nabbed for customs....
    Edit: but it makes no odds, because they will refund you anyway..... :)

Went and ordered a 10.1" tablet (after reading up about it) from HGK and decided to use courier so hopefully have in about 7-10 days.
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    My android stick from McBub is in the Dublin mail center, does that mean it's passed customs?

Is that what your tracking says?

I actually gave up tracking mine after it left China and didn't realise it was in Ireland till I got the customs letter. As it's only a stick I'd say it would stand out less... mine unfortunately was a stick and a tablet so bigger package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Yeah that's what it says when I use anpost for tracking, until today it didn't show up at all on the anpost website. I thought it would've passed customs seeing as it says it's in Dublin 12 mail center now, it could be some kind of holding place or something though.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Yeah that's what it says when I use anpost for tracking, until today it didn't show up at all on the anpost website. I thought it would've passed customs seeing as it says it's in Dublin 12 mail center now, it could be some kind of holding place or something though.

Yeah unfortunately as eamonnq said it will either end up going to you or customs from the mail centre but unless they marked it as a gift or something silly on the package i'd say you'll be fine.

Might be an idea to ring them to find out when you could expect delivery as that way at least you'll know which way its heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Ordered from them last month, got the 7" ONDA V712 CORTEX A9 DUAL CORE 1.5GHZ ANDROID 4.0 IPS 1280x800 HDMI 1GB DDR3 16GB - cost about €137 delivered via DHL, marked as photoframe and didn't get cause by customs, but didn't care as would have gotten it back :)

If anyone is ordering the Onda tablet, you need to upgrade the firmware before u can access the web as there is an issue with the internet due to chinese web settings in the host file. Great little tablet though, got it for the gf for christmas but not sure if she'd like it, keeping an eye out for something better for her so i can keep this for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Is 800x600 the best display you'll get on the cheap tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Macca07 wrote: »
    Is 800x600 the best display you'll get on the cheap tablets?

Depends what you mean by "cheap"!!! I've ordered the Ainol Crystal and it has a 1024 x 600 MVA display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Depends what you mean by "cheap"!!! I've ordered the Ainol Crystal and it has a 1024 x 600 MVA display.

Where did you order it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Macca07 wrote: »
    Where did you order it from?

Futeko.co.uk

Advertisement