Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

notwise wrote: »
    to strip naked and do a little trick with a vodka bottle?

Not comparable imo, that video I personally refused to watch, but maybe we should book a camera crew for rag week, what year will it be? is it in 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

jaykay74 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/parents-horrified-over-schoolgirls-phone-fight-3257219.html

The schools Joe, they'll all at it Joe. its a disgrace Joe.

The Joe Duffy soundboard can be used to come up with an appropriate response. Maybe... "Seamus, Seamus , is it, is it"
    http://clamnuts.com/joe-duffy-soundboard-2/[/QUOTE]

Sorry, did anyone else see "a number of posts, saying these "phone fights" were now commonplace" on this thread? If they did, I must have missed all of them.

Boards should ask the Indo for a retraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭BigBoi83

Vivara wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but uniforms look like Christ the King

would agree here...the lads could be from at least 2schools in the very close area (whoever they were they had the smarts to take off their uniforms lol)

I'm also shocked that people here think this is normal behaviour and complaining that it's a bit too tame!

I wouldnt say people are complaining, more commenting on the fuss caused over something so trivial.. Girls fighting, it happens:confused:

Yeah, their technique is all over the shop. No decent head locks, elbows to the solar plexus or footswipes and not one bloody nose or eye gouge. Kids these days are going to the dogs…

I dunno, at 1point the girl on the bottom turns the tables quite well...it aint that easy rolling over with someone sitting on you and punching and pulling your hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have never seen two girls beating into each other like that in my life. I never even saw the lads in school lift a hand to each other. And all the little horrors standing around laughing and filming it? There are so many things about that video that disturb me I hardly know where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have never seen two girls beating into each other like that in my life. I never even saw the lads in school lift a hand to each other. And all the little horrors standing around laughing and filming it? There are so many things about that video that disturb me I hardly know where to start.
    There were hardly any punches thrown, it was 95% rolling around and hair pulling. It's scumbag behaviour but I've personally seen a lot worse and it in way way disturbed me to watch it. Sure there's people just walking past them because there really was very little action.

These girls are scrapping over a boy they think its cool now but in a few years time they will see how stupid they were to let others egg them on.

Mistakes have to be made in order to learn from them

hoodwinked wrote: »
    coming from Cork and the south side i am not surprised :(
    this kind of thing happens so often yet people and moreso parents refuse to believe their children are involved, even when their children are the instigators.

now we have Two Christ The King girls publicly tearing each other apart :eek: and all the criost ri lads standing around watching they all should be ashamed and suspended.

their faces are all there it shouldn't be too hard for the schools to find out who they are.

If im not mistaking the rule is if your wearing school attire they can and will take action, otherwise they cant really do anything

At least thats what they did when I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

On tubrity right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Link doesnt work on my phone was it taken off or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/parents-horrified-over-schoolgirls-phone-fight-3257219.html
    It does not show either of the two teenage girls -- both of whom were dressed in tracksuits and trainers -- suffering significant injury.

Not really sure how that is relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

What is wrong with people. One stand out line for me is around 1.12 you clearly hear some say "Get the face." .

I feel sorry for the two girls fighting and reckon that, unfairly, they get most of the shít for this. Peer pressure at it's worst here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I went to an all girls secondary school and never once took part in, saw or heard of a fight in the five years I was there. In fact, I've never seen two girls/women fighting. It must be the circles I move in.

In fairness, you're not going to see a whole lot if you keeping going around in a circle.

Just the same thing all the time like.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Link doesnt work on my phone was it taken off or something.

No, just takes time 2load i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

There is way too much media attention being given to it, its kids fighting while its not nice and definitely bad behaviour this much talk about it is ridiculous.
    If it were not on U Tube the school would have dealt with it privately same as every other incident that happens in schools everyday.

The kids will be loving the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

http://christkingschool.com/

A lot of posts and radio comments are identifying THE wrong school

There are two schools close by:

Christ King

Christ THE King

• Registered Users Posts: 16 frojay

HAPPY NOW, KATIE TAYLOR ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 princessj12

anyone want to open a book on what part of caaaark it is? i would bet its Mayfield

from what is on the news today its the south douglas road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Great use of Garda resources there.. Investigate school kids fighting... Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1012/video-schoolgirls-fighting.html

Gardaí in Co Cork are investigating an internet video which shows two teenage girls fighting while surrounded by a group of up to 50 other teenagers.
    [URL="javascript:void(0)"][/URL][URL="javascript:void(0)"][/URL]Gardaí are investigating the video

The footage, which was shot on a mobile phone, was uploaded to the internet on Wednesday and has been viewed several thousand times since then.
    Three teenage girls have been suspended while their school carries out an investigation into the fight, which happened outside school hours.
    The footage, which lasts for just under three minutes, shows two first year girls as young as 12 and 13 hitting and punching each other on the ground while being cheered on by bystanders.
    The fight is understood to have been pre-arranged and over a teenage boy.
    Christ King, a prominent Cork city school, has since issued a statement in which it condemns what happened.
    The school says that while it cannot control the actions of its students outside of school hours, they still represent the school, and if it is found that they have brought the school into disrepute, disciplinary procedures will be invoked.
    Furthermore, it describes the video as appalling and unacceptable and says the school authorities are not just disappointed by the behaviour of those involved in the fighting but also by those who urged them on or who made no effort to intervene.

For your information gardai are now investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Korvanica wrote: »

Proper order too. For too long now stretched garda resources have been tackling gangland violence and the war on drugs while ignoring the real social problems like this.

Korvanica wrote: »

If a complaint is made what are they to do they can't ignore it, parents have probably complained. It is assault no matter how trivial we think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Imagine the size of the head on the pimply little fúcker they're fighting over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

This kind of thing used to happen nearly every week in my secondary school with both guys and girls and no one batted an eye. It was just normal teenager stuff. This was in the late 90's.

Everything is bullying now and kids are so coddled. The fact that the guards are involved is laughable, a really great use of limited resources. **** dealing with real crime, we need an investigation into a couple of young wans pulling each others hair a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

i have no idea what school you all went to but I never ever experienced girls scrapping like this EVER, the worst it got was one girl hitting another a punch on the back in the last few weeks of secondary school in 6th year, other than that never seen happen and even that was disgusting and made me look at the person doing the punching in a different manner. I went to a school in Dublin that had near 1000 pupils in it so it was a big school not fee paying or private but not knackerville either not that, that should make a difference, being dragged up and being brought up shouldnt be about where you are from.

Incidents like this should not happen its yob culture and in my eyes not acceptable both girls should rightly be suspended and so should the little trouble maker who pushed the first girl over to the other one.

Shame on all involved and it makes me sick to think of the spotty little **** theses girls where fighting over, the sooner we teach out girls that men or should I say boys are not worth dragging yourself down to such low depths for the better, dignity and class go a long way but sadly seem to be lacking in society these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I reckon the people that think these two girls scrapping are somehow indicative of every single teenager out there and the crumbling of society need to cop on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 plahc

I attended this secondary school and also i never witnessed any fight i did here of 1 or 2 over my years there. That was late 90's early 00's. The difference now is social media having an impact and allowing it to go public. I think this is an occurance of naiivity, immaturity and stupidity. Peer pressure being a determining factor. I just hope that this having happened will just make teenagers more aware in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

edellc wrote: »
    Shame on all involved and it makes me sick to think of the spotty little **** theses girls where fighting over

Can't understand why people are having a go at the guy they were fighting over. As far as I can see he didn't have any part in it and maybe he's not even pimply at all. No need to tar him with the same brush as the people in the video.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement