Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Dcully wrote: »
    it doesnt have a subscription so its well worth taking a chance on,you can play it whenever you want.
    Its light years ahead of swtor which wouldnt be hard.
    Ive played wow for like forever and have no interest to play it again,all i can say is gw2 is a fantastic mmo and so much fun.
    You might agree or disagree when you play, only one way to find out :)
    Hawke wrote: »
    Its much better than SWTOR, but thats not too hard. I don't regret buying this game like TOR.

Thanks all, I think I'll give it a go, If I can find it anywhere. Man, nowhere sells pc games anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well lads, i dont know what to think of it...

I played up to level 10 thief reroll i just did not came back to it. If it would have sub, i would have cancelled it already. Its not that it is a bad game, its just.... i dont feel that " i have to get few more levels, gear bits, points " etc. Every time i log in it feels like a job.

It is a fantastic looking game, really like public style quests ( loved those in warhammer ), but i just dont feel connection with the game. Its not games fault, i guess i just burned out of mmorpgs completely! :eek:

at least its no sub game, so i will try to give it a go now and then, but i sort feel like i wasted 50eu...

I'll buy your access if you are selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone from that Irish Guild on Gunnar's Hold online? I'm looking for an invite or contact info for someone who can invite me from the Guild.

Ushra.3851

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Anyone from that Irish Guild on Gunnar's Hold online? I'm looking for an invite or contact info for someone who can invite me from the Guild.

Ushra.3851

Fairly certain you need to post a character name, as opposed to your GW2 username to get an invite.

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with their account being hacked. Trying to get my log in changed for a couple of days now. :(

Have you been sorted yet? Info here about what to do if it's been longer than 3 days for your account to be restored after submitting a ticket. The support team are prioritizing hacking incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

delta36 wrote: »
    Fairly certain you need to post a character name, as opposed to your GW2 username to get an invite.

In that case; Ushrax. Invite please!

In that case; Ushrax. Invite please!

Sent you an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Glebee

delta36 wrote: »
    Have you been sorted yet? Info here about what to do if it's been longer than 3 days for your account to be restored after submitting a ticket. The support team are prioritizing hacking incidents.

Not sorted out yet. Used that link and can now access forums. No game access yet though.. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Just installed it last night and went to play it, the laptop doesnt seem up to the challenge :(, may have to invest in a pc or something! Still though I'm on Gunners Hold elrollo.8265 if anyones about! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Does ANYONE know of somewhere still selling this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Trying to get a copy of this but digital downloads are sold out on the official website. Anyone know if theres any physical copys of this left in the likes of game, hmv gamestop in north dublin? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how can digital copies sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,662 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

humanji wrote: »

They stopped selling them in an effort to help server stability just after launch and till they get every thing working right

humanji wrote: »

Yeah was thinking the same thing meself, but yeah something about restricting the amount of new players until they upgrade there server infrastructure.

Might fly up to blanchardstown tomorrow hopefully they have a copy between hmv, gamestop and smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I got the last copy in Smiths in Blanch today. But Gamestop over there said they are getting a delivery around lunchtime, so might get some in if you want to ring and see.

SgtBob wrote: »
    I got the last copy in Smiths in Blanch today. But Gamestop over there said they are getting a delivery around lunchtime, so might get some in if you want to ring and see.

Cheers mate yeah i seen on the smyths website they still had low stock left was getting me hopes up ha. Yeah I wont be able to get up there till tomorrow so might give them a ring in the morning see if they still have any left thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone reach level 80 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,662 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just got around to Ascalon Catacombs tonight..... wow that is not a friendly to pugs instance and that was only story mode. I get making the dungeons hard for guild teams etc and i assumed thats what the other mode was for but surely story mode shouldnt be that hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I've been 80 since early Wednesday, Not much has changed for me other than having access to more areas. At the moment I am just exploring the world attempting to get 100% map completion(At 41%).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im only level 19 have been playinv since early access :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Yeah since last week... just running around now opening up zones i hadn't visited before and levelling up crafting as the queues for World PVP are lengthy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

im only level 6!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

caspa307 wrote: »
    im only level 6!!! :eek:

I think its pretty easy to level. I played Sat & 1/2 Sun early access, then was away for a week & weekend with no access, then back on this week. Play maybe 1 - 2 hours in the evening if I can. Level 31 now. About 5 of those levels are just from crafting I estimate, the rest from exploration, personal story and just doing random events.

I just upgraded all my gear last night having taken some time to figure out the trading house - which I have to say is excellent. I love how it shows you what you have in your bags and what you can sell immediately etc. The order system is great for raising cash immediately. I'm finding crafting is going a bit slower than expected, but to be honest I haven't really put the effort into it yet, and theres no rush.

As an aside, I was in an area last night with those rat creatures (underground cave place, with a few gate entrances which close from time to time). Saw quite a few people standing in front of mobs bashing them, and gettig punished badly for doing so. You gotta jump around like a mad yoke, you really do!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Don't think it matters too much about leveling unless you want to be able to explore everywhere straight away. I'm lvl29 as of last night, but since i'm still knocking around the 1st/2nd/3rd human areas, i'm scaled down in some places and just a little under-leveled in others and it suits me fine!

Don't get to play it as much as i'd like but if anyone wants company on Gunnar's Hold in Queensdale, Kessex Hills and Gendarran Fields, i'd be happy to tag along. Unless my internet randomly goes down, like last night. I'm Dekarta in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

ArthurG wrote: »
    I think its pretty easy to level. I played Sat & 1/2 Sun early access, then was away for a week & weekend with no access, then back on this week. Play maybe 1 - 2 hours in the evening if I can. Level 31 now. About 5 of those levels are just from crafting I estimate, the rest from exploration, personal story and just doing random events.

I just upgraded all my gear last night having taken some time to figure out the trading house - which I have to say is excellent. I love how it shows you what you have in your bags and what you can sell immediately etc. The order system is great for raising cash immediately. I'm finding crafting is going a bit slower than expected, but to be honest I haven't really put the effort into it yet, and theres no rush.

As an aside, I was in an area last night with those rat creatures (underground cave place, with a few gate entrances which close from time to time). Saw quite a few people standing in front of mobs bashing them, and gettig punished badly for doing so. You gotta jump around like a mad yoke, you really do!

im not having a problem leveling up lol i just cant play as much as i want to, is there a crafting guide available??

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Hi there everyone,

Hows everyone enjoying the game so far?

I would like to make you guys aware of an event The Initiative have planned for this coming Saturday.

As you may have seen we haven't been doing fantastically well in WvW yet and we hope to change that this week.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-alliance/1

The Initiative is a huge alliance with a lot of dedicated members and 90% of the guilds have held back so far in WvW to get a sense of the other worlds.

On Saturday 8th from 9:00AM the Initiative will be moving into WvW.

This is a combined effort from a lot of different guilds. The target will be the two enemy borderlands we hope to starve them of points from those maps and force them into the Eternal battlegrounds.

Hit me up in game the name is Mikkey for any more info we will be in there from 9:00am onwards holding keeps and attacking castles.

Would be awesome if some of you guys could come too.

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The more i play the more i realize the damage arenanet has done to the traditional pay to play subscription model.
    How people can go back to such a model is beyond me now.
    Ive never enjoyed an mmo this much,everything is just so much fun to play,i normally hate pvp but love it in GW2 especially WvWvW.
    Same for crafting i normally cant be arsed but somehow its actually enjoyable in GW2.
    Everything about the game just oozes quality to me,pve,wvw,spvp,the amazing and huge world,combat is so satisfying,ui is excellent,graphics are beautiful.

Will i feel the same when i hit lvl 80 and sample endgame? Who knows?
    One thing i will say is arenanet have been swift to tackle issues,im pretty sure they will support gw2 with future content too.

Angry Joe likes it lol, he may not be to everyones taste but he speaks the truth more often than not.

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Hi there everyone,

Hows everyone enjoying the game so far?

I would like to make you guys aware of an event The Initiative have planned for this coming Saturday.

As you may have seen we haven't been doing fantastically well in WvW yet and we hope to change that this week.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-alliance/1

The Initiative is a huge alliance with a lot of dedicated members and 90% of the guilds have held back so far in WvW to get a sense of the other worlds.

On Saturday 8th from 9:00AM the Initiative will be moving into WvW.

This is a combined effort from a lot of different guilds. The target will be the two enemy borderlands we hope to starve them of points from those maps and force them into the Eternal battlegrounds.

Hit me up in game the name is Mikkey for any more info we will be in there from 9:00am onwards holding keeps and attacking castles.

Would be awesome if some of you guys could come too.

Cheers

Im in with DKR for sure mate :) hope to get on Saturday evening.
    Had an absolute epic battle lastnight in WvW for about 2 hours [had to force myself to quit as was getting late :P],non stop combat with things ebbing and flowing for us, fantastic stuff all round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Dcully wrote: »
    Will i feel the same when i hit lvl 80 and sample endgame? Who knows?
    One thing i will say is arenanet have been swift to tackle issues,im pretty sure they will support gw2 with future content too.

GW2 does not have the normal MMO endgame.

You are meant to be enjoying your time in the world and you just happen to get levels while doing so. Honestly I think the entire leveling system should have been removed as it serves no purpose other than to limit the world and give people a false sense of working towards something. The loot you get from instances is no better than any other loot in the world (for example a level 80 exotic will always have the same stats as any other level 80 exotic of the same type).

The things you will be farming will be skins you find interesting rather than the traditional gear treadmill, Which I love as it means you don't replace all your hard earned items with greens at the start of every expansion!:P

• Advertisement

GW2 does not have the normal MMO endgame.

You are meant to be enjoying your time in the world and you just happen to get levels while doing so. Honestly I think the entire leveling system should have been removed as it serves no purpose other than to limit the world and give people a false sense of working towards something. The loot you get from instances is no better than any other loot in the world (for example a level 80 exotic will always have the same stats as any other level 80 exotic of the same type).

The things you will be farming will be skins you find interesting rather than the traditional gear treadmill, Which I love as it means you don't replace all your hard earned items with greens at the start of every expansion!:P

Sounds like a welcome change from the "gear threadmill" as you put it :)

Advertisement