Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best value Android Huawei Ascend G300

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

jgbyr wrote: »

Great thanks for that!

Any idea whether this can be flashed without an external sd card?

Just to use clockwork mod and it keeps on saying it can't mount sdcard. Don't have one at the minute as mine is currently lost in the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Yugioh wrote: »
    Great thanks for that!

Any idea whether this can be flashed without an external sd card?

Just to use clockwork mod and it keeps on saying it can't mount sdcard. Don't have one at the minute as mine is currently lost in the post...

Sorry, I don't know about this. Maybe Adyx can help you,has a much better grip on all this than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Has anyone here downgraded ROMs before? On b892 and want to go back to b886 to get that OTA update....few threads on modaco but no one seems clear if switching between GB roms will 'zero' the IMEI or not, or whether this just applies if you are trying to downgrade from an ICS rom :confused:

I can't say as I've tried downgrading myself but it's no harm to backup your imei between different build version roms anyway.
    Sorry, I don't know about this. Maybe Adyx can help you,has a much better grip on all this than me.

I do? I think I've just been lucky so far not to have bricked it. :pac:

Anyways to the question at hand: As fas as I know you have to have an external SD card to flash the roms. I know people have tried using the internal storage but I've yet to hear of anyone succeeding. I'm not that familiar with CWM mod though so there may be some way of mounting the internal SD card for flashing roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

My phone has gone mental. First I upgraded to stock ICS and there were issues with apps stored on my SD card. They kept disappearing from the app tray which was super annoying as I had moved a lot over to conserve internal storage.

So then I switched to the Infusion Rom but now the phone has gone completely bat**** mental. First the screen was unresponsive but now some parts of the screen seem to not work at all. Plus out of nowhere the phone will go mad and just start doing whatever it wants. For example yesterday I was trying to call someone from my contacts and it just started ringing random people. Other times it opens up the google search bar and starts typing random letters even though I have done nothing.

I have cleared all of the data and cache etc and reinstalled Infusion but it is still the same. So I am going to try downgrading it and see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed because it is unusable now.

Does anyone know if it is possible to unroot it and go back to the stock Vodafone rom if I need to return it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Have to say my phone is running sweet as a nut, looks the part aswell.

Just installed Infusion ICS beta B03 over the air and OmegaMoon's kernal to overclock to 1.3ghz. As well as getting rid of the Huawei Logo splash screen on boot, the black google one looks much classier. Love this phone. Such a nerd's delight <3.

Links:

Infusion ROM ICS Beta: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355994-rom-infusion-b934-ics-403-b270812-updated-b03/
    OmegaMoons Kernal: http://www.modaco.com/topic/356544-kernelomegamoonb926icsoverclock-to-max-13ghz-updated-20120824/
    Google splash screen: http://www.modaco.com/topic/356904-mod-google-logo-on-splash-screen/

Install all via ClockworkMod Recovery, rooted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Just saw the huawei ascend g330D on a site the only difference I see is that it has a dual core processor and it has android 4.0.4. http://www.pandawill.com/huawei-u8825dascend-g330d-smart-phone-android-40-cortex-a5-dual-core-10ghz-3g-gps-40-inch-ips-screen-p66150.html

Anyone gonna go for this?

more info here http://www.modaco.com/topic/356964-dual-core-g330d-209-or-132-link-inside/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just done the OTA firmware upgrade on herself's Ascend - still no official fix for the crappy low volume issue, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

This phone seems to be gone up to €149.99 on vodafone.ie now. Was 129.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Interesting that. I know it was that price the whole time on vodafone.de. Glad we got it at such a bargain price!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I just upgraded to the Vodafone OTA update and went from B886 to B893....it's still Gingerbread though!

Anyone have a changelog for this official ROM update?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wackojacko

Ok so i have unlock rooted and set up cwm. I want to set up ics. Probably go with infusion b934. on b886 at the moment. looking up the guides i have to be on baseband 2030 to upgrade. whats the easiest way to do this? I looked at a guide but it says i need all these otas updates installed

wackojacko wrote: »
    Ok so i have unlock rooted and set up cwm. I want to set up ics. Probably go with infusion b934. on b886 at the moment. looking up the guides i have to be on baseband 2030 to upgrade. whats the easiest way to do this? I looked at a guide but it says i need all these otas updates installed
    To get the 2030 baseband install B926 or B927 using the update.app method (i.e. Not with CWM). A lot of people on Modaco are saying to use B926 as it allows HSDPA 11 whereas you'll end up with 9 if you go with B927. I have no idea if this makes any difference in Ireland and since you're installing Infusion anyway I'd just go with B926. I did and it works fine. Use this guide. Then just put the Infusion zip on your SD card and install it from CWM recovery.

I'm not sure what you mean by the ota updates? Infusion now has an ota update option built in but you won't need that yet as the rom linked on the Modaco thread is the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Yugioh wrote: »
    Interesting that. I know it was that price the whole time on vodafone.de. Glad we got it at such a bargain price!

Ya, I was hoping it went up so that in a few weeks it can be on sale at 129.99 (or less) !! :-)
    Is the exclusive vodafone deal for long?

I am not a teckie user so at 149.99 I might go for samung ace or htc desire c instead

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Not sure if this has been covered or not but my ringtone is set for ascend. ie starts low and gets higher with each ring. I cant see a setting to change this. Its very annoying as i keep missing calls as it only rings 5 times before it goes to message minder.

I have tried multiple ringtones on the phone and from my music and i even downloaded some ringtones to no avail.

Also just to note i havent rooted or anything im just using it straight from the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

smoochie06 wrote: »
    i keep missing calls as it only rings 5 times before it goes to message minder.
    This any use to increase the time before it diverts to voicemail?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73245238&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nucleardublin

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been covered or not but my ringtone is set for ascend. ie starts low and gets higher with each ring. I cant see a setting to change this. Its very annoying as i keep missing calls as it only rings 5 times before it goes to message minder.

There is an OTA update available (B893) over WiFi that enables the ringtome to be set to normal (Not ascending). After install the new formware you need to do a factory reset to the chages to take effect (Menu> Settings > Privacy > Fatory Data Restore)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Right. Need me some help!

Until yesterday I'd done nothing really other than that Vodafone OTA update. I've a 32gb SD card so most of my Apps are installed on there.

Rooted the phone yesterday. Then used the easy installer for the Clockwork Mod Recovery thing and when I turned the phone on while holding the volume up button, I made a backup and then rebooted into the phone again.

Made an IMEI backup just now. Is there anything other I can use to backup stuff, as I've a fair few apps? I just used the CWM backup and I ain't sure what exactly that backs up?

Currently downloading the B926 rom so I can upgrade the baseband from 109808 to the 2030 baseband so as I can use the B934 rom?

I think the above is correct anyway. So, in short, I wanna know is there something else I've to do to save/backup apps for when the newer roms are flashed? And have I gone about this whole upgrading thing correctly so far?

First of all I'm no expert on any of this.
    The backups made with the Cwm are an image of your phone so it contains the rom, apps & data as far as I know.
    Personally I use titanium backup for my apps & & data. I run this & then load it when I install a different rom.
    Others may know of different ways to do this. Hope it helps.

• Advertisement

Right. Need me some help!

Until yesterday I'd done nothing really other than that Vodafone OTA update. I've a 32gb SD card so most of my Apps are installed on there.

Rooted the phone yesterday. Then used the easy installer for the Clockwork Mod Recovery thing and when I turned the phone on while holding the volume up button, I made a backup and then rebooted into the phone again.

Made an IMEI backup just now. Is there anything other I can use to backup stuff, as I've a fair few apps? I just used the CWM backup and I ain't sure what exactly that backs up?

Currently downloading the B926 rom so I can upgrade the baseband from 109808 to the 2030 baseband so as I can use the B934 rom?

I think the above is correct anyway. So, in short, I wanna know is there something else I've to do to save/backup apps for when the newer roms are flashed? And have I gone about this whole upgrading thing correctly so far?
    The CWM backup basically takes a snapshot of your phone in it's current state - what rom you have as well as what apps you have installed, your call log to that point, what messages you have etc. If you ever use that back up that's what you'll have again regardless of what you do in the meantime. So you can't use it to restore your apps after flashing a new rom. To do that you can use something like Titanium Backup or Rom Toolbox from the Play Market or Huawei have a Windows program called HiSuite that will backup all your apps, texts etc.

So far your doing everything right. Don't forget you need to wipe your data/cache before installing the new rom through CWM so you will lose all your texts and other personal data as well as your apps.

Cheers, thanks a lot!

I've gone and downloaded Titanium Backup there, and it's backing up all apps and personal/user data, to my SD card, I'd imagine.

So when thats done, wipe data and cache as Adyx said, and then install the B926 to upgrade baseband, and then after that, I can chose to use either the Infusion B934 or the one on the Huawei website?

Cheers, thanks a lot!

I've gone and downloaded Titanium Backup there, and it's backing up all apps and personal/user data, to my SD card, I'd imagine.

So when thats done, wipe data and cache as Adyx said, and then install the B926 to upgrade baseband, and then after that, I can chose to use either the Infusion B934 or the one on the Huawei website?
    To install B926 to upgrade the baseband you have to install using the update.app method not with CWM. The CWM zip doesn't include the upgrade so you don't have to wipe anything before installing that. You will have to do the wipes before installing any other rom through CWM like Infusion etc. Sorry i should have made that clearer. After installing B926 you have to unlock your bootloader using unlockbootloader.exe. Step 2 here is the easiest guide to follow.

Actually it just occurred to me that the B934 rom on Huawei's website would probably include the baseband upgrade too which might save you a step. It might not have the HSDPA 11 upgrade though so if you have B926 already downloaded, I'd just keep going with that.

There aren't many big differences between stock B934 and Infusion. I use Infusion and I do find the performance and battery life a little better.

Adyx wrote: »
    To install B926 to upgrade the baseband you have to install using the update.app method not with CWM. The CWM zip doesn't include the upgrade so you don't have to wipe anything before installing that. You will have to do the wipes before installing any other rom through CWM like Infusion etc. Sorry i should have made that clearer. After installing B926 you have to unlock your bootloader using unlockbootloader.exe. Step 2 here is the easiest guide to follow.

Actually it just occurred to me that the B934 rom on Huawei's website would probably include the baseband upgrade too which might save you a step. It might not have the HSDPA 11 upgrade though so if you have B926 already downloaded, I'd just keep going with that.

There aren't many big differences between stock B934 and Infusion. I use Infusion and I do find the performance and battery life a little better.

Thanks man. The stock B934 is currently installing now. Hopefully it'll go grand.

The B926 went well anyway.

EDIT: The B934 update seems to have frozen at like 1/3 progress. It's just a black screen with a pink bar stuck going across. Feck :(

Thanks man. The stock B934 is currently installing now. Hopefully it'll go grand.

The B926 went well anyway.

EDIT: The B934 update seems to have frozen at like 1/3 progress. It's just a black screen with a pink bar stuck going across. Feck :(
    Are you installing B934 using CWM or is it the update.app from Huawei's website? Since you have B926 installed you can use CWM to install the zip file instead.

Adyx wrote: »
    Are you installing B934 using CWM or is it the update.app from Huawei's website? Since you have B926 installed you can use CWM to install the zip file instead.

It was from the Huawei site, but it froze, so I deleted the dload folder off the SD, and downloaded the B934 Infusion ROM, which I installed by CWM around 5 mins ago. After reboot from CWM, I still have the Infusion logo swirling around since then.

Did you try a battery pull & then reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

It was from the Huawei site, but it froze, so I deleted the dload folder off the SD, and downloaded the B934 Infusion ROM, which I installed by CWM around 5 mins ago. After reboot from CWM, I still have the Infusion logo swirling around since then.

Did you go in to advance on cwm and wipe dalvik cache also?

Did you try a battery pull & then reboot.

Yep. No luck :(

• Advertisement

0066ad wrote: »
    Did you go in to advance on cwm and wipe dalvik cache also?

Nope, should I?

Advertisement