Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wha.....wh.....what in the absolute piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What am I looking at Sera? I mean I know what I'm looking at but what is it that I am looking at?
    it's a tutorial on how to play PS2 games on a Gamecube :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sera wrote: »
    it's a tutorial on how to play PS2 games on a Gamecube :rolleyes:

Does it work for Xbox games?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Does it work for Xbox games?
    I'm not sure, maybe you should try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Could I cut a NES cart into a circle and make it work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For fear of trying it with anything good we should experiment with Retr0s CDi collection!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For fear of trying it with anything good we should experiment with Retr0s CDi collection!
    no OwaynOTT got first dibs, let's start with Halo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Feckin power cut in the whole area as I was on a run through of Metal Slug 3 on the arcade machine :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Feckin power cut in the whole area as I was on a run through of Metal Slug 3 on the arcade machine :mad:

They must have only the one generator so...........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steve SI wrote: »

think it was more than coincidence that it happened just as I walked into your estate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

A quick perusal of Nintendo's Star Catalogue reveals you'd have to actually own most the company's output in the last 6 years to get anything halfway worth redeeming. I actually do, yet these feckin' Starmabobs go and expire.

think it was more than coincidence that it happened just as I walked into your estate

Stop disconnecting power lines will ya :D
    And how come it came back on the second you walked into the house, Hmm, suspicious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    A quick perusal of Nintendo's Star Catalogue reveals you'd have to actually own most the company's output in the last 6 years to get anything halfway worth redeeming. I actually do, yet these feckin' Starmabobs go and expire.

I do own almost everything they made worth having and I still had to beg others for codes so I could accrue enough points for my G&W Ball.

That said, if I had of bought more Wii games instead of "acquiring" them I would have had lots more points.... ahem.....

Anywho, the postage from them was relatively quick, about 60 days instead of the usual year, so that's a plus.
    They must have improved the feed they are giving the mule carrying the Club Nintendo stuff from Japan to Ireland!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One for the visual novel fans:

http://kotaku.com/5936134/do-japanese-and-westerners-have-different-taste-in-men-this-game-thinks-so

Visual novels tend to be a bit on the creepy side, but those 'real' characters look a helluva lot creepier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

72 pin adapter gone in the NES. Had to order a new one. I guess my temporary fix really was temporary!

It's an awful design, I need a new connector my own too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A short concise article about how great Earthbound is and why you should play it instead of FEAR 2 and Firewarrior:

http://www.1up.com/features/essential-75-earthbound

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I keep trying to buy that game but it's just too damn expensive for something so common :(

Yeah it's ridiculous. There's always carts of it on ebay. It's like FFVII syndrome taken to a crazy extreme and the price is only climbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh was actually playing Earthbound the other night for the first time on my Snes. It's very funny. Takes me a while to get into rpg games and mario kart at NTSC speed was sitting there waiting.

Oh, I'm not saying that FEAR 2 was the best game ever, but it is one of the best FPS titles I've played.
    Better than, well, most I can think of in recent years.
    Earthbound I have yet to play, I think I will make it my treat for my 41st birthday, along with a US Snes, hopefully the family will start saving now....

Leave Firewarrior alone! No one else loves it but me, I know it's flawed but I love it anyway!

Coldwinter, I mention that a lot, class FPS on the PS2, as a single player game it is better than Goldeneye, but has much the same atmosphere, plus it has a frame rate that exceeds single digits, so it has that over the N64 opus as well!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Earthbound I have yet to play, I think I will make it my treat for my 41st birthday, along with a US Snes, hopefully the family will start saving now....
    we'll wait til then to have the Earthbound podcast lol jkjk
    would be great to have another person to talk about it with

Nintendo/Sega Rivalry Infographic

Click for the full size pic
    segavsnintendo.jpg

if you clear Slender twice you get this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's ridiculous. There's always carts of it on ebay. It's like FFVII syndrome taken to a crazy extreme and the price is only climbing.

And most of those copies will go unplayed and only bought for the purpose of selling them on

Also for something different, I was talking to a collector, who doesnt post here btw, and they have a sealed Metal Slug for the Neo Geo along with an unopened console in storage. I am totes jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I see Rage are letting you buy online now via their facebook page and paypal. Looks super awkward. Not sure how well that will work when they refuse to tell how much stuff costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    I see Rage are letting you buy online now via their facebook page and paypal. Looks super awkward. Not sure how well that will work when they refuse to tell how much stuff costs.

Also I pity the poor soul tasked with pricing everything, these days the price of an item can change multiple times a day.

Now that they're set up with PayPal, they've no excuse not to finally set up their own website & maybe do things correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

One for the visual novel fans:

http://kotaku.com/5936134/do-japanese-and-westerners-have-different-taste-in-men-this-game-thinks-so

Visual novels tend to be a bit on the creepy side, but those 'real' characters look a helluva lot creepier.

I think the reason they look creepy is that the characters look like photo manips. If it was just realistically rendered characters it would seem as bad. I do think replacing the characters with realistic looking ones misses part of the appeal of those games though.

• Advertisement

No use to me since I can't comment or send messages. **** them anyway I was in there yesterday and they've nothing that isn't over priced. I can get games cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement