Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

An Udaras wrote: »
    :D

No buddy and that's only the beginning of the vehicle replacement program ;)

Amber becon is behind the White ATC transponder. Hope this helps.

Same model as used on the K9's Disco.

Cheers

Not vehicle photos directly, but photographs from a recent bomb scare in Rathmullen Park in Drogheda (Louth) for anyone interested. EOD make an appearance. Does anyone know if the machine that approaches the 'bomb' has a name?

http://shanemaguire.ie/?page_id=1202

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if I remember correctly the robot is called HOBO which comes from the brand think the Irish Army are currently using the Hobo L33A1 model.Am open to correction though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Not vehicle photos directly, but photographs from a recent bomb scare in Rathmullen Park in Drogheda (Louth) for anyone interested. EOD make an appearance. Does anyone know if the machine that approaches the 'bomb' has a name?

http://shanemaguire.ie/?page_id=1202

Is that an unmarked new model avensis in your photos? I only ask because I haven't actually seen one and wasn't sure if they were part of the tender. Excellent pics as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Is that an unmarked new model avensis in your photos? I only ask because I haven't actually seen one and wasn't sure if they were part of the tender. Excellent pics as always.

Yup its unmarked toyota part of this first lot of them.i prefer the estate couple in limerick and tip

• Advertisement

mmcn90 wrote: »

It is indeed. The station had an old dark Mondeo (well, 08, so not really old, and I say dark because it was a darkish brown if i recall, rather than just black), but I haven't seen it in a long time, so I'm not sure if the new Avensis has replaced it or if it's just coincidental that I just haven't seen it around lately.

That Avensis is in picture 17 (third row, second from right) with it's blues on at the grill. I realise that photo isn't the clearest in the world, though (it was very, very dark on the streets, so unfortunately I got a little motion blur here and there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

with regard to the new BMW 5 series estates currently on trial for tender, i spotted one between redcow and lucan exit of the M50 (northbound) on tuesday just gone

complete with irish reg plate

WilcoOut wrote: »
    with regard to the new BMW 5 series estates currently on trial for tender, i spotted one between redcow and lucan exit of the M50 (northbound) on tuesday just gone

complete with irish reg plate

Temp Irish plates, hope I get to see it over next week.

Pic, I was wondering what had happened here, the road was closed for a while after and re-opened after midnight with no sign of anything having happened. Thanks for the pic Adrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Re the above photo, looks like the road is closed off, but is it that common to have so many people on a road in the dark without PPE?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

maglite wrote: »
    Re the above photo, looks like the road is closed off, but is it that common to have so many people on a road in the dark without PPE?

It may look dark in the photo but it could have been taken in the late evening when it was relatively bright to the naked eye.

It was 10.50pm, so pretty dark. The road is very well lit and was closed at the time though.

Some serious aerials on that aussie polis car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was standing beside one of the new(ish) DFB Scania appliances on Grafton Street (someone had taken ill in McDonalds apparently) this evening,some height in comparison to the old Dennis appliances.

In ref to Kkv picture of unmarked car, seen couple of these there maybe had the bumper replaced or car used by driving school now because car situation is used by d/o's or drugs unit

There also possible it's used a extra car like a station in cork they have 05 mondeo no terta just stuck on dash light.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Davehopper

Any idea of when that silver blue mondeo would be up for tender,

Davehopper wrote: »
    Any idea of when that silver blue mondeo would be up for tender,[/beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

RE that Mondeo, maybe it's just me but surely most people would quickly suss out that it's Garda by the lack of a big 3 disc holder(compare it's screen to the transit behind). I'd say I'd notice them missing before I'd notice the dash lights.

Any idea of when that silver blue mondeo would be up for tender,

You mean privately buy That car, AGS Dom sell there cars anymore since they increase the mileage to 300,00 then there taken off the road and scrapped as they unsafe

Davehopper; I'm not going to post up or PM the reg of the car. I'm aware that anyone could look at the car and take down the number as part of their everyday life and it's not something you wouldn't have seen if you weren't just standing beside me.

However, although it looks like they just didn't get a proper replacement bumper, it's also only fair to take into consideration that they may have made an extra effort to try and disguise the car that little bit more, and if that is the case, then I think it would be a little unfair to post the license plate online.

I added another photo of it, with a bit more of the side included, but that's all I really have (well, i've a third photo, but it's essentially identical to the second one, so...).

It's an interesting car.

I should point out though that it's not belong to Drogheda. I've only seen it twice, both on Fridays (court day) and that's usually when you see a few Dublin (or less commonly) Dundalk vehicles about the place.

• Advertisement

Theres a silver focus in Howth, think its an 03, that had someone pulled outside my work. It has no bumper lights or dash lights. It does have alternating headlights and one of the magnetic roof lights. Seriously unmarked, never would have guessed it was a Garda car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

I must Admit I do miss the old blue flower pots.. They always reminded me of this... Sigh Childhood memories..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

We have a flower pot in one of our unmarked. Only use it at checkpoints though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Most are only rated to 80km/h. Terrible having to try and retrieve it from the drivers door after it slides off on a bend.

Its rare to see them in Ireland, I think the met still use them a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Ya, saw a newish passat in London with one last year. Used a lot in Paris as well

They make sense if you are trying to be inconspicuous, the dash and bumper lights stand out like a sore thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Ya, saw a newish passat in London with one last year. Used a lot in Paris as well

They were grand for cities where top speed was never an issue. They were down right dangerous where any major speed was got.

Last time I used one (a real fancy strobe one....not like the previous rotating one.....we thought we were the bees knees!!), it flew off onto the passenger door at one stage and ended up attached to the bonnet after a rather quick stop. This was a regular occurrence. Magnets were never good enough. (even if you did feel all starsky and hutch throwing it up on the roof!!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Davehopper

wouldnt it be great if you found one that had fallen on to the road and picked it up , lets all keep an eye out ,
    BTW can you paint the orange ones you see in the boot sales or could yiou just put some coloured celophane wrap over one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

wouldnt it be great if you found one that had fallen on to the road and picked it up , lets all keep an eye out ,
    BTW can you paint the orange ones you see in the boot sales or could yiou just put some coloured celophane wrap over one.

Are you for real?

Advertisement