Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks, trying to connect a play tv tuner to a friend's duo for saorview. It installed the plugin fine and tunes the stations but getting lots of breakup when watching them.tried my play tv tuner with his box and works fine. Could it be faulty tuner?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hi folks, trying to connect a play tv tuner to a friend's duo for saorview. It installed the plugin fine and tunes the stations but getting lots of breakup when watching them.tried my play tv tuner with his box and works fine. Could it be faulty tuner?
    Sounds to me like the incoming signal isn't strong enough for a stable Saorview picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

byte wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the incoming signal isn't strong enough for a stable Saorview picture.

My tuner works fine though on same signal

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

I also have the PlayTV tuner and generally it is fine. Intermittently however I get no audio, switching to another channel and back usually fixes it. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using VIX 2.4 on ET9x00 but should be same as the Duo AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Audio on vu duo was always fine for me, sold my et9000 because of terrestrial audio problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

My tuner works fine though on same signal

Can you try your friends tuner on your setup?

Or try it when the test services are active on the second mux. Set a recording going on one of the test services, then switch to eg RTE One. This might give an indication that one of the tuners is less sensitive than the other, if the picture is stable on the second tuner.

Hi,

I ordered a VU+ Duo yesterday. I have had a Sky box for the last 8 or so years.

My father is used to the digital text on sky for checking the football news, he's not the most tech savvy. So he was a bit iffy about getting this box as the digital text will not work.

I was just wondering what would be the best alternative method for looking up sports news. Is there a decent web browser on the vu+ duo, that I could set a bookmark for a good sports news website?

Let me know what you think

There is a web browser, but I found it a bit buggy, and it takes a good few seconds to load. I haven't used it in a while.

There are various other plugins though, eg DirettaGol, Kicker, which seem to give football results from all over the world. I haven't used these myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Folks I hope someone can help me here. Its not a duo I have but a solo I have a problem with but maybe some duo owners also had the same trouble?

Basically I got a new hard drive "Toshiba 500GB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0" works perfectly with the vu+ but not with the pc. Basically the pc installs it, I can see it in device manager but its not showing up in "My Computer" any idea what is wrong?

Headshot wrote: »
    Folks I hope someone can help me here. Its not a duo I have but a solo I have a problem with but maybe some duo owners also had the same trouble?

Basically I got a new hard drive "Toshiba 500GB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0" works perfectly with the vu+ but not with the pc. Basically the pc installs it, I can see it in device manager but its not showing up in "My Computer" any idea what is wrong?

Well if you initialised it on the Solo, it will be in Linux/ext4 format, so Windows can't read it. Why would you want to move it between the two though? If you leave it connected to the Solo, and presuming you have it on your LAN, you can access the drive through Windows' "My Network Places".

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rurs wrote: »
    Well if you initialised it on the Solo, it will be in Linux/ext4 format, so Windows can't read it. Why would you want to move it between the two though? If you leave it connected to the Solo, and presuming you have it on your LAN, you can access the drive through Windows' "My Network Places".

Ah that explains it thats, rurs. Its not a big deal but I like to move it between the 2 for my cyclone media player and its faster to copy files to the computer using 3.0 usb

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

OneWayBet wrote: »
    I also have the PlayTV tuner and generally it is fine. Intermittently however I get no audio, switching to another channel and back usually fixes it. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using VIX 2.4 on ET9x00 but should be same as the Duo AFAIK.

Yes, I get that sometimes, always seems to be rte 1 or 2, not the +1's or tg4.

Have an ET9000 running AAF image

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

SucCes09 Are you still having the same problem when trying to download plugins?

I'm having the exact same problem as you describe. I have installed vix 2.4, I have tried everything possible but plugins will not download. It just says: 'Sorry feeds are down for maintenance'

I have installed a few plugins by ftp'ing to the box /tmp and installing, but I cannot find an ipk file for a plugin I really need called UltimeNotizie, so I would really like to get it working. The network works for everything else, so I don't know why its not working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

This is driving me insane, can anyone help

is there any way of setting up the Duo control so it can turn off your TV but you can leave the volume buttons controlling the box volume and not the TV volume?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think you can (on the Ultimo anyway) but you can use the webinterface to control the volume on the box if you want to change it, I leave my box at 85 and use the TV sound the rest of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think you can (on the Ultimo anyway) but you can use the webinterface to control the volume on the box if you want to change it, I leave my box at 85 and use the TV sound the rest of the time

Strange, I do the opposite, leave the tv at ~50, and use the vu+ for almost everything else.

In face the only thing I use the tv remote for is to cancel the auto shutdown counter

thanks but I have an amp and don't use the TV for volume, so that's why I don't want the remote to control the TV volume

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

kingtiger wrote: »
    thanks but I have an amp and don't use the TV for volume, so that's why I don't want the remote to control the TV volume

I have a similar setup. Get youself a Harmony 300i from logitech. Absolutely fantastic remote that will control any 4 items and can easily be programmed to control volume on amp instead of volume on Duo or Tv. Mine controling TV, VU DUO, AMP and Dvd.

They are on sale for €14.99 now directly from logitech.com. If you spend over €20 delivery is free. Buy a second remote, you will not regret it.
    An absolute bargain!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I used to have an amp, and a multi-programmed remote, then I got a wife and she can't work the remote and doesn't like surround sound.

I now have a shed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

how can i stop subtitles from appearing all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Ghostleader

I used to have an amp, and a multi-programmed remote, then I got a wife and she can't work the remote and doesn't like surround sound.

I now have a shed

I binned the wife mate, too nice, a hope that shed is tripped out with heating and that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

irishgeo wrote: »
    how can i stop subtitles from appearing all the time?

how do you get subtitles to work at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

kierank01 wrote: »
    how do you get subtitles to work at all?

i cant get rid of mine, they appar on some channels but not others. really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Ghostleader

irishgeo wrote: »
    i cant get rid of mine, they appar on some channels but not others. really odd.

What image you using mate?

:D

yes my problem exactly, the usual "you spent 300 quid on that box and now you need to buy something else blah blah blah"

Second button from the left on the top row seems to be for subtitles I think, try pressing that. It used to really annoy me when the audio descriptive channel used to come on some channels for me.

Mrs. Clareman is very understanding of my gadgets, the come out of my wages once the bills and everything have been paid, same as I'm ok with her shoes and handbags, ooooh so many shoes and handbags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

dnme wrote: »
    Has anyone got oscam to work with the VU+Duo and the sky FTV card? I have it working but it dies after a few weeks so the card it not getting its keep alive signal. I have to put the card back into an old sky box and leave it on Sky news for a couple of days to re-activate it.

I was wondering, if you have it working, would you mind sharing your config files? or would you have a look at my config files and see if you can spot where I am going wrong?

Well another few weeks on and the card has died again even after trying all that was suggested here. I just cannot get oscam to keep my Sky ftv card alive. So its back into the old sky box, and set to Sky news overnight to re-liven it.

In the meantime, I see Pick TV is now ftv, so I assume there is no longer a need for oscam. So I am thinking I might try cccam, it'll give me Sony TV, Viva etc and hopefully end my woes trying to keep the card alive.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to setup cccam step by step, from downloading to configuration? I have googled it but am just ending up reading through endless forums where users are having issues with cccam. If anyone can just point me to a simple and concise guide, I'd be very grateful. I'm using Vix 2.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I see Pick TV is now ftv

Pick TV and Challenge TV both went FTA about two months ago :)

xxyyxx wrote: »
    Pick TV and Challenge TV both went FTA about two months ago :)

Yes I know, that's not what Im asking

I have managed to install CCcam 2.2.1. But I have no cccam.cfg file. I cannot figure out the settings to use. Can anyone pm or share their cfg file. You can blank out your box id, its just the file I need. Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Yes I know, that's not what Im asking

Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement