Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Fuinseog wrote: »
    they made their bed.

How is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

they made their bed.

Please explain ?

Please explain ?

I would say its the typical boards type poster, who in this case is above others in wisdom, who lost their jobs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

robbie7730 wrote: »
    How is that?

they chose not to pay 100 euro, though given three months. now they will pay more than that. They chose it the hard way. I would rather not to have paid it, but I did.people who continually give two fingers to the government need to learn the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I suppose you where one of the lucky ones who had the cash to pay, and indeed others who knew about the monthly payment option earlier in the year. I feel for families now that don't have the 114 euros to pay and no other payment plan available.

I wouldnt say I was lucky now in fairness, I knew three months in advance I had to have €100 by March 31st so any week I had anything extra I put it aside and then paid it when it was due, there is nothing special or lucky about it. Anyone in the Country could've put together €100 over a three month period.

As for a payment plan for people that have to pay the €114 now well that would be pointless as they could've like me had a payment plan for €100 over three months but decided not to do this, so a plan now would not work anyway.

• Advertisement

a euro interest per month overdue. Thats really draconian. the deadline was March. there should be no more reminders.take it out of their wages or social welfare.

I dont agree that it should be taken out of their wages or social welfare as that would be bordering on communism and we are after all a democratic republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

they chose not to pay 100 euro, though given three months. now they will pay more than that. They chose it the hard way. I would rather not to have paid it, but I did.people who continually give two fingers to the government need to learn the hard way.

A lot of familey did not have the choice to pay in the 3 months deadline and now being punished for it. You seem to have a negative view of the people who could not pay?

I suppose you where one of the lucky ones who had the cash to pay, and indeed others who knew about the monthly payment option earlier in the year. I feel for families now that don't have the 114 euros to pay and no other payment plan available.
    donalg1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt say I was lucky now in fairness, I knew three months in advance I had to have €100 by March 31st so any week I had anything extra I put it aside and then paid it when it was due, there is nothing special or lucky about it. Anyone in the Country could've put together €100 over a three month period.

As for a payment plan for people that have to pay the €114 now well that would be pointless as they could've like me had a payment plan for €100 over three months but decided not to do this, so a plan now would not work anyway.

So you scraped the €100 together did you?

If you read it again below, it was about people in difficulty, not people with the spare €100 who didnt pay. So again, how did they make thier bed?

they made their bed.

A lot of familey did not have the choice to pay in the 3 months deadline and now being punished for it. You seem to have a negative view of the people who could not pay?

Course they had a choice and they chose not to pay, I think it has been well established that nobody was in a position that they could not pay

• Advertisement

So you scraped the €100 together did you?

No I put aside a few euro each week until I had the €100 so I wouldnt say I scraped it together.

Its all about "me" with the likes of yourself, isn`t it.

To say a payment plan cant help anyone based on just you and you`re methods, is rubbish.

What you really mean is, if I can do it, so can everyone else.

The stupidity of people who think that because they could put money aside, so could everyone else. Mortgage arrears etc, came about because people just decided to save the money for other things, is that it?

No I put aside a few euro each week until I had the €100 so I wouldnt say I scraped it together.

Ok, a serious question. Someone with arrears in mortgage, and utility bills. Advice for them to enable them to put a few euro a week aside?

After all, paying their fair share is what the pro more taxes people would, and have said here.

So, is paying extra taxes, from people who can not already pay their costs of living, a fair share?

Its all about "me" with the likes of yourself, isn`t it.

To say a payment plan cant help anyone based on just you and you`re methods, is rubbish.

What you really mean is, if I can do it, so can everyone else.

The stupidity of people who think that because they could put money aside, so could everyone else. Mortgage arrears etc, came about because people just decided to save the money for other things, is that it?

So now I am stupid for assuming someone could put aside €7 or €8 a week, ok Robbie resorting to personal abuse as usual, well done. Anyone and everyone could have come up with the €100 easily over a three month period, in fact if they signed up they could have spread the payments out over a 9 month period making 4 different payments. People had plenty of opportunity to pay but they chose not to, saying oh sure i couldnt afford €100 is a load of bo**ox and a blatant cop out.

Course they had a choice and they chose not to pay, I think it has been well established that nobody was in a position that they could not pay

Were was this established, in this thread?

Ok, a serious question. Someone with arrears in mortgage, and utility bills. Advice for them to enable them to put a few euro a week aside?

After all, paying their fair share is what the pro more taxes people would, and have said here.

So, is paying extra taxes, from people who can not already pay their costs of living, a fair share?

I have a mortgage and utility bills and could manage so yes they could manage to, simple really.

Are you telling me these people couldnt find a few euro a week and paying the €100 would mean the difference between them eating for three months or starving. Many of these people will have cars, mobile phones, Sky TV, they will smoke, drink, they arent as broke as they will have people believe so I still dont and will never think that there is even one person in this country that couldnt pay.

Were was this established, in this thread?

It was established in Part 1 of this thread and most likely here too, I will do it again if you like just for you.

Nobody could not pay this charge, they choose not to pay this charge, the charge was €100 and everyone could afford to get this together over a 3 month period or more if done in 4 installments. Now it has been established yet again for you Robbie.

So now I am stupid for assuming someone could put aside €7 or €8 a week, ok Robbie resorting to personal abuse as usual, well done. Anyone and everyone could have come up with the €100 easily over a three month period, in fact if they signed up they could have spread the payments out over a 9 month period making 4 different payments. People had plenty of opportunity to pay but they chose not to, saying oh sure i couldnt afford €100 is a load of bo**ox and a blatant cop out.

O not this personal abuse whinging again, and you mention broken records earlier. It was in general, i.e. some people. But report the post if you are not happy, and I might be banned, and you can thank away then.

But before you do, come on and explain how a person getting 188 a week, with a mortgage and bills, would save money weekly, to pay this tax, along with all their other bills.

Or is it a case that people like that dont exist.

Ever had mortgage arrears donal? Ever had utility bills arrears donal? Ever struggle to afford food donal? I have not. But I do have the capacity to understand it must be a horrible situation. Obviously you dont. After all, you say people with income smaller than outgoings dont exist.

You really think people struggling will put this tax at the top of their priority like you did, saving weekly for it? You know yourself you didnt save. That in fact is bollox. Rubbish you portray to display how anyone could easily do it, and to dismiss the possibility that a weekly or monthly payment plan may have helped some.

It was established in Part 1 of this thread and most likely here too, I will do it again if you like just for you.

Nobody could not pay this charge, they choose not to pay this charge, the charge was €100 and everyone could afford to get this together over a 3 month period or more if done in 4 installments. Now it has been established yet again for you Robbie.

Ok, again donal, family, 6 month arrears, and utility bills arrears, do you think their priority is this tax? And how would a person with outgoings higher than income, which is how arrears occur, manage to save this €100. Explain.

All that has been established is how naive you`re post is. You really believe once you post something, it is then an established fact?

What you posted is an opinion, not a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

there are people out there that cant afford it Donal, just because you cant see them doesnt make it not so. there are many out there who are always in the red with bills and maybe adding E100 to their debt is small even in their scheme of things but its still FG adding to their problems rather than trying to help them, which is what they are being well paid for

• Advertisement

bgrizzley wrote: »
    there are people out there that cant afford it Donal, just because you cant see them doesnt make it not so. there are many out there who are always in the red with bills and maybe adding E100 to their debt is small even in their scheme of things but its still FG adding to their problems rather than trying to help them, which is what they are being well paid for

O but donal posted that anyone can afford it, and so that means it has been established. One of the most stupid posts I seen in a long time

After one or two of my own

I have a mortgage and utility bills and could manage so yes they could manage to, simple really.

Some people can manage to buy a house for cash, so why cant everyone else:rolleyes:

I'd like to see your proof of that!

There are many who's incomes have been declining and their outgoings rising, so they have even less disposable income at the end of each month.

If they had difficulty scraping €100 in the spring, do you think it will be any easier now!

They'll get a bunch of post dated cheques off me, I can't afford the hit in one go, just like I couldn't afford the hit in one go in the spring.:mad:

If you read it again below, it was about people in difficulty, not people with the spare €100 who didnt pay. So again, how did they make thier bed?

are you seriously telling me that thee are homeowners out there that cannot save 100 euro over a three month period?

are you seriously telling me that thee are homeowners out there that cannot save 100 euro over a three month period?

Are you telling me, there is no one out there trying to pay a mortgage, that is depending on social welfare? They dont exist?

Are you telling me, there is no one out there trying to pay a mortgage, that is depending on social welfare? They dont exist?

well boo hoo. We partied now we have a period of austerity. deal with it. there are things called household budgets where you examine where you might cut back and make sacrifices to make ends meet. some folks are used to being pampered and cannot deal with discomfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

well boo hoo. We partied now we have a period of austerity. deal with it. there are things called household budgets where you examine where you might cut back and make sacrifices to make ends meet. some folks are used to being pampered and cannot deal with discomfort.

let them eat cake.......

I'd like to see your proof of that!

There are many who's incomes have been declining and their outgoings rising, so they have even less disposable income at the end of each month.

If they had difficulty scraping €100 in the spring, do you think it will be any easier now!

They'll get a bunch of post dated cheques off me, I can't afford the hit in one go, just like I couldn't afford the hit in one go in the spring.:mad:

You couldnt afford it in one go, neither could I so I put some money aside each week until I could afford it, its now been six months or 27 weeks which equates to 4.22 per week. I find it hard to believe there are people out there that cant save this if they really want. Fact is they chose not to do this.

We partied? Thats that tripe spouted mostly by the ones that did.

Does not change the fact not everyone can afford this, which you`re post above, avoided addressing.

• Advertisement

O but donal posted that anyone can afford it, and so that means it has been established. One of the most stupid posts I seen in a long time

After one or two of my own

Finally it has clicked well done Robbie its about bloody time:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement