Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I miss Big Phil on the radio and TV making all his silly threats and bullyboy speeches and making a balls of things each and every week.

It was something to laugh at.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

bgrizzley wrote: »
    you wouldnt consider half the population ignoring the government (despite allthe threats) a mass protest?
    No, not really. I consider it to be a weak willed punt on the campaign being successful, which didn't work out.

Their own advise:
    CAHWT wrote:
    Why not wait until St Patrick’s Day (two weeks before the registration deadline) and see how the Campaign goes.
    Well if the campaign won't pay it then neither will I.:D
    Of course you won't. :rolleyes:
    paddy147 wrote: »
    You have no clue about what a judge WILL do though,so stop spouting on about it,like you are a judge.
    The legislation is in black and white, but I don't expect you read it.

dvpower wrote: »
    No, not really. I consider it to be a weak willed punt on the campaign being successful, which didn't work out.

Of course you won't. :rolleyes:

The legislation is in black and white, but I don't expect you read it.

Over 700,000 people couldnt give a flying fcuk about what is black and white and what you or big phil say.

Laws are there to be broken and also challenged.

Theres also the European Court of justice and human rights too,and FLAC solicitors ready to take ot to those courts.

You also cant take from a person,if thay havent got it to give in the 1st place.

High Court and also Court of European Human Rights.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i dont know about anyone else, DV but i couldnt give a good god dam about the HHC campaign.
    i just wont pay a rent to anyone on the property i already paid for....(i should say "am already trying to pay for")

Over 700,000 people couldnt give a flying fcuk about what is black and white and what you or big phil say.

Laws are there to be broken and also challenged.

Theres also the European Court of justice and human rights too,and FLAC solicitors ready to take ot to those courts.

You also cant take from a person,if thay havent got it to give in the 1st place.

High Court and also Court of European Human Rights.;)

Even the campaign admit that legal challanges aren't going to be sucessful.
    cahwt wrote:
    A number of solicitors have already volunteered to help the Campaign, and we will welcome any others that wish to do so. Any successful legal challenges will make the government re-think their strategy. But they can change the law so we know that any legal victory will only be temporary and it is the power of protest that will force abolition of the tax.

• Advertisement

I suggest that DV Power takes a trip down to the courts in Chancery Street some day this week,sits in the public gallery and actually listens to some of the judges giving their speeches to the gallery and people on fines and ability to pay and the recession that "was not out fault".

The judges are all very understanding of the current economic climate and are taking into account that HUMAN BEINGS dont have the ability or means to pay silly fines.

But I know he willl see things differently with those thick lensed Fine Gael glasses on his head.

The judges are all very understanding of the current economic climate and are taking into account that HUMAN BEINGS dont have the ability or means to pay silly fines.
    I expect they'll target those who 'Won't pay' rather than those who 'Can't pay'.
    You're not thinking this through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

In the sunday business post previous weekend, it was revealed council tenants will be expected to pay next years property tax. so in the longer run of things expect more people to boycott.

I expect they'll target those who 'Won't pay' rather than those who 'Can't pay'.
    You're not thinking this through.

I am actually thinking,I sat in court helping a friend out with a fine last week.

I also was there in a different court 2 weeks prior to that and 3 different judges all gave more or less the same speech on the same day.

Maybe you need to get your backside down there and look and listen to what judges are actually saying IN THE REAL WORLD,before running your mouth off here about what will and wont hapen.

Am Chile wrote: »
    In the sunday business post previous weekend, it was revealed council tenants will be expected to pay next years property tax. so in the longer run of things expect more people to boycott.
    One of the complaints by various posters on this thread was that council tenants weren't having to pay, and this was one of things that made it unfair. If council tenants are brought into the net (which I doubt), wouldn't that encourage more compliance, not less?
    And its not like council tenants can hide away. We already have a database of them.

• Advertisement

We already have a database of them.

Whos "WE"

Thats sounds like you are a FG Party member and you are here trolling for "Big Phil" and "Spineless Enda"..:rolleyes:

Take a trip down to Chancery Street Courts and have a look and listen to what judges are actually saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If the campaign had any backbone it would have been "Do register, Don't pay", but instead, the chose a "hide and they mightn't find you" strategy.

It was bound to fail from the outset - it had cowardice built in.

The cowardice was in the jumping to attention and paying the instant you`re leader said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I am actually thinking,I sat in court helping a friend out with a fine last week.

I also was there in a different court 2 weeks prior to that and 3 different judges all gave more or less the same speech on the same day.

Maybe you need to get your backside down there and look and listen to what judges are actually saying IN THE REAL WORLD,before running your mouth off here about what will and wont hapen.

I don't know what sort of cases you are talking about here but I can't see why a judge would give any leeway to a person who owns their own house and was given 3 months to come up with €100 but failed to do so.

On another legal aspect no lawyer will be able to help anybody selling or inheriting a house round the requirement under the Household Charge leglislation to discharge all amounts outstanding before transfer can take place. If they attempt to do so they will be in breach of the legislation themselves.

I don't know what sort of cases you are talking about here but I can't see why a judge would give any leeway to a person who owns their own house and was given 3 months to come up with €100 but failed to do so.

On another legal aspect no lawyer will be able to help anybody selling or inheriting a house round the requirement under the Household Charge leglislation to discharge all amounts outstanding before transfer can take place. If they attempt to do so they will be in breach of the legislation themselves.

As I said in another post, based on a persons ability and means to pay if brought to court http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79524666&postcount=3690 , you fail to mention its in a 12 year period that someone can,t sell or transfer property for non payment, chances are in 12 years time the household/property tax will have being abolished by then.

Out of Interest what were the fines in relation to ?

with the hand of the law hovering over all your bottoms I got a feeling 90% will squeal piggy, and the other 10% will be made examples of, 2 years time we will all look back on this like the uproar the same made over the lisbon revote, like it never really happened.
    Was this the lisbon "vote yes for jobs" thing? I would say in 2 years time, it is fairly possible the property tax, when the intended level is in place, will have far more impact on people than a treaty that made little noticeable difference to anyone.
    hopefully with some better facilities with the new found source of income.

Where is this improvement to facilities going to happen? Mythology land?

Am Chile wrote: »
    Out of Interest what were the fines in relation to ?

Loans and utility bills and the bullyboy tactics by various utility companies and 3rd party collection agencies constantly harrassing people.

Also speeding fines,where summons came through via registered post when the persons never got the original speeding fine in the post.

Its amazing how understanding judges are in these harsh economic times.:D

Im off to watch the "roasting" of Charlie Sheen on the Comedy Channel now.

Best Regards.:)

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I would say in 2 years time, it is fairly possible the property tax, when the intended level is in place, will have far more impact on people than a treaty that made little noticeable difference to anyone.
    Even people who are against the property tax think it will still be in place in two years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I cannot understand the F.G. supporters complaining about people resisting unfair and unjust taxes. Joan Burton now leaking rises in PRSI too.
    The same people are being hit all the time and have nothing left to give. F.G. and Labour supporters coming out with crap about us not being taxed here to the same degree as other countries but neglecting to mention what those other countries receive for their taxes like good roads, proper health service free, free education etc etc. Not to mention the complete rip-off that is VRT.

Do they think the people are going to swallow all their rubbish. Stand up and fight for a change people.

Kenny has real control over his ministers, doesn't he.

After telling them all to STFU last week because their ramblings could damage consumer confidence in the run up to the budget (6 months away), we find once again this week that the kites are being flown again, this time by Joan Burton.

Wouldn't you think they'd know better than to be blurting things out like little schoolgirls who've just been told a secret.

Amateurish!

• Advertisement

Labour wont take much more of Kenny and Co at this rate.

Labour/workers party/Gilmore wont take much more,and neither will the unions,as the unions will have a big say in what labour do,in the long run.

Bye bye goverment perhaps??

Even people who are against the property tax think it will still be in place in two years time.

Not taking it with a pinch of salt now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

I have been away from the household thread for a while...you know, living...going outside, talking to real people etc....and two things have struck me...

1. The huge amount of people who still have no intention of paying nor have recieved any of the threat letters

2. Noticing that the same two similar sounding saddos are still here on this thread putting people on ignore while working as Hogans minions. Shouldn't it be us ignoring them? Where's that button.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

greenpilot wrote: »
    I have been away from the household thread for a while...you know, living...going outside, talking to real people etc....and two things have struck me...

1. The huge amount of people who still have no intention of paying nor have recieved any of the threat letters

2. Noticing that the same two similar sounding saddos are still here on this thread putting people on ignore while working as Hogans minions. Shouldn't it be us ignoring them? Where's that button.....

Got to love the way a person who pays their taxes are called Hogans minions and sheep and all the other crap. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

greenpilot wrote: »

One of them is a minion, the other paid up, probably reluctantly, and now thinks he has the high moral ground on the rest of us.

Leave them at it though, it keeps them happy!

Stick them under the bridge (ignore list).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Well the way I look at it is I saw the payment of the HHC as unavoidable so I had a choice to pay €100 before the 31st March or more after that date. So obviously it would have been pretty stupid of me to consciously decide to spend more money than I had to. If I thought I could avoid paying it then I wouldnt have paid it but I couldnt see anyway of doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

When a court orders you to pay, you'll pay.

For the vast majority of people, the letters will be enough. I predict a steady increase in compliance over the next couple of months, and larger spikes with the start of prosecutions.

The anti HHC campaign has all but fizzled out. They never really had a strategy past a few badly attended protests.

a euro interest per month overdue. Thats really draconian. the deadline was March. there should be no more reminders.take it out of their wages or social welfare.

Labour wont take much more of Kenny and Co at this rate.

Labour/workers party/Gilmore wont take much more,and neither will the unions,as the unions will have a big say in what labour do,in the long run.

Bye bye goverment perhaps??

yeah get rid of that shower. i would love to see Boyd Barrett and his mates running the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

donalg1 wrote: »
    Well the way I look at it is I saw the payment of the HHC as unavoidable so I had a choice to pay €100 before the 31st March or more after that date. So obviously it would have been pretty stupid of me to consciously decide to spend more money than I had to. If I thought I could avoid paying it then I wouldnt have paid it but I couldnt see anyway of doing this.

I suppose you where one of the lucky ones who had the cash to pay, and indeed others who knew about the monthly payment option earlier in the year. I feel for families now that don't have the 114 euros to pay and no other payment plan available.

• Advertisement

I suppose you where one of the lucky ones who had the cash to pay, and indeed others who knew about the monthly payment option earlier in the year. I feel for families now that don't have the 114 euros to pay and no other payment plan available.

they made their bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement