Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I've just been sherlocked :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't worry - you're not alone ...

... unfortunately those are the rules established by the powers that be around here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Beasty wrote: »
    Don't worry - you're not alone ...

... unfortunately those are the rules established by the powers that be around here

I had forgotton about that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The missus is going to Tipperary to do some work for two weeks and is feeling very lonely about it. She wants me to come down on the last weekend, but as she'll have her car there's no point in us both driving. "Get the train". "Eh...maybe".

It's only 150km, I could be there by lunchtime on the Saturday...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

603077_10150898680951045_290540228_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

seamus wrote: »
    The missus is going to Tipperary to do some work for two weeks and is feeling very lonely about it. She wants me to come down on the last weekend, but as she'll have her car there's no point in us both driving. "Get the train". "Eh...maybe".

What? It's gonna take you from 4 pm on Friday to lunchtime on Saturday?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Crow92 wrote: »
    I've just been sherlocked :eek:

You could take an action against Strava...

Apparently it's ironic that Ryan Sherlock and Melanie Spath won gold in the mens and womens Dundalk 10 mile TT while Bryan McCrystal and his sister took silver...:confused:

"Fastest on the night was Dublin based rider Ryan Sherlock of Cycleways, who made a mockery of the blustery conditions with a time of 20:27, with only 6 seconds to spare over Cuchulainn’s Byran McCrystal. Andrew Meehan of Meath, was in bronze some 2 minutes back on the 2 front runners. Ironically Shelock’s partner Melaine Spaths, of Cycleways, took the women’s title, while it was Brian’s sister Eve who took the silver with times of 23:03 and 23:53 respectively."

My grasp of the English language mustn't be as hot as I thought :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

It literally drives me mad to see ironic used incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Apparently it's ironic that Ryan Sherlock and Melanie Spath won gold in the mens and womens Dundalk 10 mile TT while Bryan McCrystal and his sister took silver...:confused:

"Fastest on the night was Dublin based rider Ryan Sherlock of Cycleways, who made a mockery of the blustery conditions with a time of 20:27, with only 6 seconds to spare over Cuchulainn’s Byran McCrystal. Andrew Meehan of Meath, was in bronze some 2 minutes back on the 2 front runners. Ironically Shelock’s partner Melaine Spaths, of Cycleways, took the women’s title, while it was Brian’s sister Eve who took the silver with times of 23:03 and 23:53 respectively."

My grasp of the English language mustn't be as hot as I thought :mad:

Ironically == coincidentally == poetically ? I blame Alanis Morissette anyway.

Or maybe he means Mel is tough. Like IRON!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

lennymc wrote: »
    It literally drives me mad to see ironic used incorrectly.

It literally makes my head explode to see 'literally' being used incorrectly.

I'm hoping you were being ironic. :pac:

buffalo wrote: »
    I blame Alanis Morissette anyway.

Damn Canidiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cdaly_ wrote: »
    What? It's gonna take you from 4 pm on Friday to lunchtime on Saturday?...
    No bloody way I'm cycling 150km after a full week's work. Few drinks on the Friday night, head out 8am on Saturday :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The difference between men and women summarised in two posts:D

No bloody way I'm cycling 150km after a full week's work. Few drinks on the Friday night, head out 8am on Saturday :p

Sir, I salute you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Poor Andrew Meehan. No partner and no sister. Except maybe useless non-medal-winning ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Happy to see you took your shoes off for the picture.
    603077_10150898680951045_290540228_n.jpg

Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had the pleasure of being at the Gap of Mamore this morning (Category One). It's a savage climb on foot never mind on a bike. I'm hoping to have the bike there next month but I can't see me doing much of it without walking crawling. I'm told it's 24% in places and makes Howth look positively flat! :eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is Howth hilly?

Mapmyride tells me it's fairly flattish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

awec wrote: »
    Is Howth hilly?

It's Keira Knightley to Mamore's Kelly Brook.
    Going up either of them you'd know all about it just the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Is Howth hilly?

Have you mapped it with Alpe d'Huez in the same route?

Actually wait, I see the hill now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Lads, you should've told him it was perfectly flat, he'd turn the corner and hit the hill in a high gear. Then you'd definitely find out it's hilly.

:D

I looked it up on google maps street view thingy, it doesn't look that bad. Just looks longish.

:D

I looked it up on google maps street view thingy, it doesn't look that bad. Just looks longish.

Actually if you want to shorten it a bit, when you go into the village go to the right of the church instead of the left - it knocks about 1km off the lap......

hehhehheh128433780149177595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Minister Alan Kelly models the latest too-small-for-me bike helmet (or maybe his head really is shaped like this), while a young fella models the latest sure-just-lob-it-on-backwards bike helmet, all officially in the name of Bike Week:

bikes-front.jpg

I'd like a new official Bike Week please, this one appears to be broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

doozerie wrote: »
    Minister Alan Kelly models the latest too-small-for-me bike helmet (or maybe his head really is shaped like this), while a young fella models the latest sure-just-lob-it-on-backwards bike helmet, all officially in the name of Bike Week:

bikes-front.jpg

Amid lots of material advertising how weather isn't really a problem for cycle commuters in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

doozerie wrote: »

bikes-front.jpg

I can't see the Minister, I can see 3 children in hi-viz though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I can't see the Minister, I can see 3 children in hi-viz though.

Government ministers have more in common, genetically, with the common crab than they do with human beings, they come from the side which is why children rarely see them joining in as well as using other clever camouflage tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement